Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yes, the fact you get valor IS nice. The problem? Clearing 16/16 normal or heroic only gets 640 valor out of the 1000 cap. Valor is supposed to be from raiding. You can clear all three instances and you're only a bit above halfway. That's a big problem. So now raiders have to do LFR, dailies, heroics or scenarios because they can't cap otherwise.
    Full clear and one heroic a day gets you capped.
    do what you feel.

Wrath was the pinnacle of faceroll silver platter everything period, but it had highest number of players...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    Full clear and one heroic a day gets you capped.
    Full clear alone should get you capped. It did in every other tier. Why would a raider, that can full clear 16/16 want to run a heroic? They gain nothing from it. Assuming you have done 0 heroics, the valor could be useful to upgrade all your gear so don't try and say why would they want to valor cap if that's the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabb View Post
    Blizzard say "dailies aeren't mandatory", but that's just it, if you log without doing them all it feels like you've wasted the day, not maxing out your rep, so you feel pigeonholed into doing them...
    You might feel this way. I don't. Which is only another way of saying to everyone on the 'mandatory' side of the debate that it's all purely personal opinion and perspective (which you acknowledged), i.e. feelings aren't facts.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with OP...the one mistake however was gating some of the rep grinds behind GL...I think that just left a bad taste in the mouths of folks who may have just wanted some other factions, and nothing from GL. Another possible change could have been all gear locked at honored, some fun or vanity items locked to revered, and mounts locked to exalted. Or maybe even 2 mounts per faction...ground at revered, winged at exalted.

But really...the system is pretty much fine. There is plenty to do to earn valor, and I like the variety.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    All this is for is to express my opinion on it, I don't mean to bring up old issues or anything. To make this thread a little more interesting, What ideas do YOU have that could make this whole issue better?
    1: Remove the rep requirement for VP gear, or reduce it to Honoured.
    2: Add in more systems through which rep and charms can be gained; doesn't have to make it faster...just more varied
    3: Increase the VP reward from dungeons and raids to something more akin to that of DS
    4: Have Blizzard realise that simply making a gameplay system take more time does not make it more fun. Having to do 17 dungeons a week instead of 7 is not great. Increasing the HP of a MOB so it takes twice as long to kill does not make a MoB more fun, nor more challenging. Relying on dailies for everything simply makes them repetitive and boring.
    5: Reduce the number of GL daily quests available per day or add weeklies.

EJL

I just stopped doing dailies, and after that I felt so much better. Then again, I'm not a raider, but even if I were, I still wouldn't do them.

I play for fun, not to have a second job. Dailies are fucking boring, and it's absolutely Blizzard should look into. Eating shit strikes me as a more amusing option than doing dailies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Because dailies are super fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    My stance basically comes down to the valor gear being hid behind rep grinds.
    This is what frustrates me the most personally. While reputation rewards have always been in the game, what Mists of Pandaria has done is make the reputations more meaningful to complete but at the same time the rewards more troublesome to obtain. When something increases a character's power, it becomes a necessity to a large pool of players essentially pressuring them into doing the content even if they have no interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You might feel this way. I don't. Which is only another way of saying to everyone on the 'mandatory' side of the debate that it's all purely personal opinion and perspective (which you acknowledged), i.e. feelings aren't facts.
    It isn't mandatory in the same way as putting enchants and gems on your gear isn't.

My take on the dailies is, I don't like doing them, so I don't do them. It's a shame as I know I'm missing out on the story telling side of things, but really can't be arsed with that.

I do think people complaining about them need to just take a step back and acknowledge that if doing dailies is too much of a grind, just don't do them. It wont be the end of the world. This is a game and if you're not enjoying certain aspects of it you're wasting your time doing them

I agree with the OP. My standard response to players who complain about dailies is "Don't like repetitive content? Don't play an MMO."

I would prefer more raiding ( 10 and 25 raid different raid lock) for doing something ( and bringing back Guild community) more than doing all those dailie's

And yeah, I have the option of doing LFR if I want to raid, but hey, 35 to 45 minutes of waiting for each LFR ....is a bit overwhelming

I think the whole issue could have been avoided if they just did what they did with the 5.1 dailies from the start

1. 5, maybe up to 6 quest dailies per day per faction max, instead of the clusterfuck that is golden lotus
    2. regular, every 1-2 days, story quest that give a decent chuck of rep and shape the faction out further (do something more with the paragons, or the shadow pan companions for example instead of them just basically being quest givers) instead of only having story quest on the big milestones
    3. the 100% rep commendation available in 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Full clear alone should get you capped. It did in every other tier. Why would a raider, that can full clear 16/16 want to run a heroic? They gain nothing from it. Assuming you have done 0 heroics, the valor could be useful to upgrade all your gear so don't try and say why would they want to valor cap if that's the case.

The problem with you, and most players complaining, is that you only want to do the absolute minimum number of things that you like to do, but still get all the rewards possible. I only want to raid, but I want full access to rep rewards and full vp cap. I don´t want to do quests, dungeons or scenerios.. .

I just dont do them problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I just stopped doing dailies, and after that I felt so much better. Then again, I'm not a raider, but even if I were, I still wouldn't do them.
    And you wouldn't be alone. I know that there are more than a few people raiding and doing just fine that haven't touched the dailies. Which gets to the heart of the thing. People have convinced themselves that they're missing something if they're not doing everything all the time. It'll take a while to break that habit which is very OCD in nature.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Honestly nothing is mandatory but so fucking what? I could raid without head enchants in wotlk and still get far. I could raid without doing 10 and 25 and still get far. In both instances blizzard made changes to the game specfically because such things felt mandatory and weren't fun. Christ dude they nerfed BLINGTRON. The robot who gave you nothing and took all of 2 seconds to complete. Why the nerf to blingtron? BECAUSE BLINGTRON FELT LIKE A JOB... you have to be kidding me. Blingtron is a fucking job.. and dailies which provide much more reward and take much more time are what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    And you wouldn't be alone. I know that there are more than a few people raiding and doing just fine that haven't touched the dailies. Which gets to the heart of the thing. People have convinced themselves that they're missing something if they're not doing everything all the time. It'll take a while to break that habit which is very OCD in nature.
    Dailies are not required to raid, and neither is anything else. They increase a player's performance through the rewards which is why raiders still grind them. Not doing them is, to many, as unheard of as playing without enchants and gems. Their concern is valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Dailies are not required to raid, and neither is anything else. They increase a player's performance through the rewards which is why raiders still grind them. Not doing them is, to many, as unheard of as playing without enchants and gems. Their concern is valid.
    Just to be clear, I'm not sure I buy into the 'not doing dailies is just like not gemming or enchanting your gear' argument. I understand where it comes from but I don't know that it applies in this specific case at this specific point in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem for me is the fact that you need the reps for valor rewards. Now on my main I couldn't care less atm since I don't need any valor rewards, but it makes leveling alts feel like a chore since you most likely WILL need those rewards on them. Everytime I feel like leveling an alt atm all I think is "Meh, dailies..." and log out.

However, this is countered to a certain degree by valor upgrades. Just run LFR or whatever on said alt and spend the valor on upgrading the gear you get instead of spending them in low ilvl rep rewards. Think about it for a sec.

And let's face it, charms aren't an issue. You don't have to grind all dailies for a week to get the 90 lesser charms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.