[Balance] Is my dps good or bad?

Hey everyone.

I wanted to know if my dps is correct for the gear that I'm currently wearing.

Start of a fight

- Start 1 Wrath cast away from Lunar.
    - Prepot
    - Starfall
    - Wrath in time for it to hit as tank pulls
    - NV + Incarn
    - Moonfire
    - Sunfire
    - Starsurge
    - Starfall
    - Starfire x4
    - CA
    - Starfall
    - Moonfire/Sunfire
    - Starfire spam
    - (Using Starsurge when off CD and on procs)
    - Also refresh DoTs before CD's run off.

I always refresh my dots when they're about to drop off. I do however, leave them to drop off if I'm a cast away from an eclipse.

After my burst has finished, I just go into the normal rotation. Keeping dots up as much as possible. Using Starsurge on CD and using the procs every time. I also use my CD's at the start of a fight, then I either save them for when I know I'll get the most out of it. As I think using my CD's when I know I'm going to have to move, or on bosses such as Will, as it's just adds constantly, so I don't think it's the best time to use it at some points, other than save it for Titan Gas.

Thoughts on how I can improve my dps or am I doing fine with the gear I currently have?

WoL
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/32113/

Armoury
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aphie/advanced
    Last edited by Aphie; 2012-12-14 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Rotation seems fine
    Although you should change your jc crit gems to int gems, since you only gain 320 crit rating but if you would use the intellect gems, you gain 320 intel if i'm correct?
    Enchant your bracers, even if it's going to be 170 mastery.

And for instance in your belt in the blue socket put a crit/hit or crit/spirit gem since you gain 120 spirit, while at the moment you are reforging crit into spirit.

Edit : I would put a crit/spirit - crit/hit gem also in the shoulders. same for the gloves

I'd say doing pretty solid all things considered, obviously replacing your weapon is going to be a significant DPS increase when you get a chance to do so

Also if money's no object I'd consider replacing that Essence of Terror with the Darkmoon Trinket, the Terrace trinkets really don't have very good uptime and as such tend to be outperformed by Darkmoon Card until you have access to the heroic versions

And cooldown usage is something to always consider, you should always be using your cooldowns at intelligent times but also make sure you're getting the correct number of them, so on a fight like Will of the Emperor you know you want all cooldowns available during the first Titan Gas which is good. However this doesn't mean you can't pop them at the start of the fight too as they will be up again in time

Hey Aphie!

I'm just going to comment on your most recent Elegon and Will of the Emperor kills as those are my favorite normal fights in MV. You only used your cds twice on Elegon. You should use them at the start, when you come back to the shield (after killing pillars) and then at the final return to the shield (last phase), perhaps delaying for lust depending on your guild strat. You have a period of about a minute in the middle when you don't have an eclipse active. I'm not sure why this would be. When you used your cds the second time, you hit Inc + NV + CA all at the same time. This is inadvisable as hitting CA wasted your solar eclipse and then expired leaving you outside of eclipse for the remainder of your cds.

Will of the Emperor is such a great fight for balance :-D Again, you want to make sure you're getting the full use of your CDs. I know it's tempting to get right to the juicy multi-dotting splendor that is CA, but use your full Inc + NV first. If you want to use a powerful CA to clean up rages + str at a certain time, prepare for it. On that fight I like to hit Inc + NV and dot 4-5 targets with my eclipsed dot. Then nuke til 15 seconds remaining and hit CA and dot all the things. Do try and avoid hitting all three at once though. It's kind of hard to see in WoL (and there are certainly people better at using its info than I am), but make sure you're not applying dots outside of eclipse. That is to say: make sure you're in an eclipse as much as possible. In general on this fight, keep as many eclipsed dots up as possible.

I hope that was somewhat coherent. I'd be happy to expand on individual fight strategies if you have any questions. You appear to generally know what you're doing. Your dps could definitely increase with some better practices though! Best of luck :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrington View Post
    When you used your cds the second time, you hit Inc + NV + CA all at the same time. This is inadvisable as hitting CA wasted your solar eclipse and then expired leaving you outside of eclipse for the remainder of your cds.
    This is because of the last phase, I just wanted to get everything out as fast as possible, maybe I'll hold off and do it just as normal if it's going to increase my dps alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophos View Post
    Rotation seems fine
    Although you should change your jc crit gems to int gems, since you only gain 320 crit rating but if you would use the intellect gems, you gain 320 intel if i'm correct?

And for instance in your belt in the blue socket put a crit/hit or crit/spirit gem since you gain 120 spirit, while at the moment you are reforging crit into spirit.

Edit : I would put a crit/spirit - crit/hit gem also in the shoulders. same for the gloves
    I'll get onto that asap, thanks

minor, minor point, but on your opener, I would recommend swapping the order of sunfire and moonfire to get the lunar shower buff on your empowered dot. it's probably not much, but there you have it. =)
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophos View Post
    Rotation seems fine

JC crit gems are 480, intel are 320, which still leaves intel better. In non JC gems, they get a 2x weight of primary stat gems, but for some reason that logic didn't follow through to jewelcrafting.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    minor, minor point, but on your opener, I would recommend swapping the order of sunfire and moonfire to get the lunar shower buff on your empowered dot. it's probably not much, but there you have it. =)
    There's some talk of this on another thread (coming from EJ) apparently eclipsed dot first is the way to go now, elongating the eclipsed dot to last longer into the new eclipse instead of it lasting shorter with only 1 stack of lunar shower.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee