Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Patient Aica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant View Post
    Wrong - Dots snapshots your stats when the spell lands on the target - go try with Vampiric Touch.
    Quit picking fights. Cast doesn't mean "started casting". Fireball doesn't snapshot stats when it hits the target, it snapshot when it's finished being cast.
    Last edited by Aica; 2012-12-17 at 07:40 PM.
    {[( )]}

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Quit picking fights. Cast doesn't mean "finished casting". Fireball doesn't snapshot stats when it hits the target, it snapshot when it's finished being cast.
    Oh, and here I was wracking my brain trying figure out what he was trying to say because it looked like he was saying no and then saying the exact same thing with different words.

  3. #23
    Lets say your at your haste soft cap.. What is your dots gaining with haste proc? with int procs it will surely do more damage. I think it's waste of time refreshing dots for haste. I certainty do it for int procs.
    If you recast your DoTs with a Haste proc, they will obviously tick faster, hence do more dmg, regardless of you being at the Haste cap or not. Obviously.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    If you recast your DoTs with a Haste proc, they will obviously tick faster, hence do more dmg, regardless of you being at the Haste cap or not. Obviously.
    No, if you're not gaining any of the haste break points out of it, the dot will do the same amount of damage, just in less time. it's not worth refreshing because it's the same damage per gcd regardless.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    Which is exactly what that post says... Update your dots with intel procs, ignore everything else except Heroism.
    Actually it says to update swpain with just about every procs but don't do the same with vt.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 04:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    No, if you're not gaining any of the haste break points out of it, the dot will do the same amount of damage, just in less time. it's not worth refreshing because it's the same damage per gcd regardless.
    If you're at the swp/dp breakpoint, chances are very good that any sort of haste proc at this point will put you over the vt breakpoint, since you only need 2,039 more and most procs these days are a lot more than 2k.

  6. #26
    No, if you're not gaining any of the haste break points out of it, the dot will do the same amount of damage, just in less time. it's not worth refreshing because it's the same damage per gcd regardless.
    That was kind of my point. You don't recast DoTs because of getting another breakpoint, you recast them because you want them to tick faster...

    The only thing the breakpoints do, is to save a GCD here and there, so going by your logic, you never want to recast anything, since it's a loss of a GCD
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  7. #27
    Theoretically one could clip a dot sooner with more haste, correct? As in, the last tick of DOT damage comes sooner with more haste, but not soon enough to allow for another tick of damage if over 8085 haste.

    I'm not sure what point this would serve, other than giving a little more flexibility in timing dot refreshes.

    I wonder how 4peice T14 plays into haste and dots... since more time is added to SWP and VT.

    2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

  8. #28
    I recommend using the addon ForteXorcist for tracking your DoTs, as it will helpfully show the ticks as well as highlight the time between the last two ticks of the DoT. This highlighted time is your target "refresh time."

    I only really bother refreshing DoTs earlier than that right after Time Warp/Bloodlust/etc is cast, and right before it ends to net a couple extra ticks (except for movement, in which case I end up spamming SWP).

  9. #29
    The Patient Aica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    No, if you're not gaining any of the haste break points out of it, the dot will do the same amount of damage, just in less time. it's not worth refreshing because it's the same damage per gcd regardless.
    ...so, dots ticking faster over a limited duration isn't an increase in DPS to you?
    {[( )]}

  10. #30
    Dreadlord soulyouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Burchoid View Post
    I wonder how 4peice T14 plays into haste and dots... since more time is added to SWP and VT.
    I was going to ask about this on H2P when I got 4pc

  11. #31

  12. #32
    Should just gem haste xDxD
    Eh, eh...


    No.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  13. #33
    Well, I may swap my 489 thing with 483 if I have mastery on first one and no haste and I've got BiS stats on lower gear(like spirit+haste), but I'm not loosing as much intellect as if I would gem haste, so I'm not gemming more than 2 +300 haste and only if it really matters my haste soft cap, but never else.
    Am I correct
    It was stated somewhere about a month ago that the most silly way to get 8000haste is go gem for it. So you cannot gem more than 2 gems only if it will help reach the cap, otherwise you're loosing a lot of damage from int. And it may happen to swap from 489 to 483 in that case since you're not losing so much intellect in comparision to haste gain from it.

  14. #34
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    This should answer any questions you have about Haste:
    [H2P] Shadow Haste Break Points

  15. #35
    Small side note here there is a special exception with the dot refreshing on Garalon. On that fight the weak points buff will actually update your dot damage dynamically.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Small side note here there is a special exception with the dot refreshing on Garalon. On that fight the weak points buff will actually update your dot damage dynamically.
    SRSLY? dammit I've been re-doting ><

    2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    Should just gem haste xDxD
    No, just no. Please don't respond if you are going to give false information. People who dont know better might actually believe you.

    Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryelulz

  18. #38
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    If you recast your DoTs with a Haste proc, they will obviously tick faster, hence do more dmg, regardless of you being at the Haste cap or not. Obviously.
    I've seen ppl contradicting each other about this issue on this topic.
    Lets make this clear, at least for me isn't clear yet.

    So you are saying we should recast Dots when we get a haste proc (not talking about heroism/bloodlust) even if we don't reach the next cap/plateau or whatever its called, because it will tick faster.

    If you say it will tick faster, than you obviously mean more ticks during Dot duration on the target. The duration is always the same, if you say it will tick faster it will also mean it will tick more times
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is only achieved on each of the haste plateau right?

    How can DoTs casted during a haste proc can "tick faster/tick more times" if you didn't reach the next haste plateau?
    Last edited by zirgalan; 2012-12-19 at 10:01 AM.

  19. #39
    Essentially, haste has 2 effects on a DoTs damage.
    haste increases dps. always. whats important to note, outside of the breakpoints for extra ticks, you don't gain any additional damage from the GCD spent with any increase in haste. you just have the ticks come faster, giving you more damage within a window of time, but you gain 0 overall damage per gcd spent when you hit a DoT with a haste buff. hitting a breakpoint adds a tick to the DoT, thereby increasing the dmg per GCD spent on the DoT.

  20. #40
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    46
    Ok, now I get the point, ty.

    Lowers the tick duration. Forgot about this, kinda is the main point

    So, same tick dmg but faster.
    Overall, it will make our rotation faster, so it will increase dmg even if we don't reach the next haste breakpoint.

    Anyway, a intellect proc gives more overall dmg I think.
    So if I have DoTs on boss that were cast during a haste proc, if next I get a INT proc, I should replace those DoTs anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •