10+ Year Old Account

Sv>BM? Overnight.

I get SS buff helps Sv more than BM however, BM was still beating SV. Last night I was checking femaledwarf and SV was +500. I understand FD favors haste but...500? Not to mention the top spec has always BM for MOP.

I can't link yet. Sylvari (Bleeding Hollow).

Deleted
    BM is still bets on a pure single target fight.

When you add in a little target switching / multi-target you can play either spec to a similar result.

Once you have a constant 3-4 targets, SV wins

BM is best for single target, but with such a small difference between specs it can come down to what you're more comfortable with and/or better at. I haven't played BM as much as I have played SV over the years, so I find I can squeak out better dps as SV and that is what I prefer to raid as. If I were on the cutting edge (ie, heroics) I would pick up BM and stick with it, but I'm happy playing sv.

are sv statweights same as bm or is the crit > haste > mastery from noxxic incorrect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post

When you add in a little target switching / multi-target you can play either spec to a similar result.

Or if fight mechanics clearly favor SV...
    Eg. Stone Guards not giving pet the tile buff or Garalon pre-fix(leg zones not giving the damage buff to pet).

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post

This.....definitely this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fd is a single target sim. Go look up 10m Feng (2 weeks/average), no adds. SV and BM are practically even.

Ok....I guess I had it set to all DPS and not an actual boss. Newman........
    Last edited by Sylvari; 2012-12-13 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    are sv statweights same as bm or is the crit > haste > mastery from noxxic incorrect ?
    its incorrect... for SV and BM its crit > mastery> haste

i think BM hunters will always beat SV hunters

Deleted
    It's also a question what other players are in your raid. I raid 10man and we have weak aoe, so BM is fail and SV gives kills.
    Think about all the fights in heroic and you'll quickly see how much better SV suits a 10m setup.

That's one of the percs of 25m raids, you take the spec you prefer and there's always someone else who can do something important so that you can pad meters.

One thing to keep in mind for FD is that it doesn't model the stacking of stat buffs like agility procs with the cooldowns. Since BM is more CD driven than SV, it won't reflect the peaks of perfect cooldown usage as well when modeling a fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    its incorrect... for SV and BM its crit > mastery> haste
    Not exactly. Haste is in most cases better than mastery. It's also very fight dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Not exactly. Haste is in most cases better than mastery. It's also very fight dependent.
    you know people "claim" that yet every top hunter in every top end world guild reforges out of haste on every single piece of gear they have... they ALL go crit > mastery > haste.

haste was thought better when people assumed that 3864 haste gave another DB attack but it only gives an extra attack about 50% of the time.

Haste is a silly stat. It is hard for most people to get a good read on it. Technically, Mr. Robot suggests you go crit > haste > mastery even for BM.

To me, haste is the stat that makes up for less-than-optimal play. It increases your auto-shot damage, it indirectly increases your focus regen by giving faster CoS, it increases your pet regen/focus gain, etc. The value of mastery depends on you actually pressing your special buttons which create the bright yellow numbers. The more you press your buttons, the more haste is devalued. Hunters are already one of the highest APM classes, and that devalues haste a lot, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    I don't think so and haste doesn't sim very well... logic just tells me that mastery is better though.