I have a confession to make..

I'm an alt-aholic.

I can't stick to one class and really call it "my main". Sure I have my 90 monk that I am slowly working on gearing and getting ready for raiding (not likely that I will be raiding anytime soon though), But I always end up working on one of my alts or completely re-rolling another class.

I focus and work on the class relentlessly and when I become well attuned with the class and understand all of the mechanics and how they play, how to play them, etc. I stop playing and start working on another class.

My monk; when I first started playing and grinding gear for him was ranked 5th on my server according to world of progress. BUT as soon as I felt like I "mastered" the class I promptly stopped playing him and working on other characters. Currently I am leveling a hunter because it was the last class I have yet to level in all of my years of playing and I am thoroughly enjoying playing him atm.

Anyone else do this? Work on a class; bored with class and start focusing on another one?

10+ Year Old Account
    My father does. I don't. Darsithis has been my main since I was able to make a death knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    I'm an alt-aholic.

I can't stick to one class and really call it "my main". Sure I have my 90 monk that I am slowly working on gearing and getting ready for raiding (not likely that I will be raiding anytime soon though), But I always end up working on one of my alts or completely re-rolling another class.
    Variety is the spice of life, my friend. Hey, it's not like you're married to your monk; at least, not yet anyways.

We'll need to wait a few more years for technology to allow that.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Shrug* I have almost a character at max level of every class and every spec. Although, there are only a few of them I really like to stick with. If I get bored, I log on a different char, play their spec and/or class for a little bit and then go back Away is good, but home is best

Same. I have my pseudo 'main' that I raid with (hunter) and he's best geared, but I already have 90 Paly, DK, and Rogue... with a Mage and Shadow Priest on the way.

I personally would rather stay entertained with variety than I would feel like i'm searching for something to do on one character.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Variety is the spice of life, my friend. Hey, it's not like you're married to your monk; at least, not yet anyways.

We'll need to wait a few more years for technology to allow that.
    It's already been done before. Someone in Japan legally got married to an anime character a couple of years ago. I remember reading something about it on the MSN Broadcast thing! xD

I'll try and find the page for it.

Edit:

Can't post links yet! :[

Just search in google "Man married to anime character" and something should show up!
    Last edited by Notamonk; 2012-12-14 at 03:56 PM.

It could be worse. A colleague of mine rolls the same class over and over again, he has about 3 max-level druids now. Whereas an old friend of mine made every single character he could a Blood Elf.

So yeah, at least you're actually playing the game to the full potential, unlike those two dolts.

I havent touched my alts until 5.1 dropped, 5 was not very alt friendly but with the new rep and valor bumps for alts it is finally manageable. I have 4 alts but I can't stand doing the same quest content over and over again, so I try to find places that I have not leveled in before to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    Anyone else do this? Work on a class; bored with class and start focusing on another one?
    That's me to a tee. =)

I like to figure out a class, the ins and outs but by the time I start getting decent at the class I get bored and want to try something else. I usually have 1 toon I consider my main for the purposes of rep grinding because I can only redo certain quests or reps but I love trying different specs/classes in dungeons/LFR or BGs. So far in MOP it's my DK but cata was my priest and wrath was my pally (I'm a wrath baby so it stops there) but I've also mained a shaman & druid for a while. By the end of DS I had run 9 classes through LFR (7 of my own, plus my wife's rogue and warrior, the only thing I didn't get to try was a warlock), sure a couple of the runs went horribly (my holy pally really shouldn't have been in there) but love trying different stuff out.

I knew I wasn't the only one! lol

Yea I can't decide which alt is going to be the next one I level from 85.. Currently I'm leveling a hunter and he's at level 79. Having a freaking blast with him!! I've got a pretty good feel for the hunter, but I feel like I could get better.

I think I'm going to get him to 90 and make him my "pvp toon" and make my monk my "pve toon".

During the past two expansions I have had a max level of every class just the way you are talking about, but my lock has and will always be my main. Even though the others might be a better performing class at some points he was my first and will always be the one that I care about reps and acheives on. He is also the one that has a bunch of unavailable patterns and items that make me feel a lot more tied to him. I have to admit though, just as others have mentioned this is the first time that I have not felt like leveling them much at all. I have managed to get 3 to 90 so far but with the reps and daily grind its just been a bit too much to power through.

Working on moving all my former 85s to 90, have 3 more to go, 1 87 and 2 88s.
    I've always been partial to my huntress and mage but monks are so amazingly fun to play I never get bored, even grinding is enjoyable

Personally speaking once I am at the point where I really can't valor out anymore then I will switch off fulltime to my alts. I almost reached that point but then the new valor system opened up allowing me to upgrade my gear as it is.

Deleted
    I am like you but i never get bored, i just like lvling and changing .. trying different tacts or specs from time to time.

I'm the same way. Dont know if there's a cure for it.
    Tbc: enh shaman
    WotLK: shadow priest, dk, ret pala (only for a little while), ele/resto shaman
    Cata: resto shaman (first char to hit 85 - what a fucking brilliant idea, myself), shadow priest, dk, holy pala, resto druid, rogue
    Mop: rogue (again, g fucking g) and now shadow priest.

Not really doing much pve, which means all that's left is pvp. My rogue ... I can't do it. 463 mh/437 oh weapons. I actually had to spend 4k just to get the fucking 463 dagger because not a damn shit would drop from hcs. 11k backstab crits, wohoo. I might bring down an afk player unless its a warrior specced 2nd wind. I hate my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.