Poll: What is your favorite class?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Storywise the Agent is the best. But I think the play style of the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior classes (both specs) is the most fun. Force leap is so fucking awesome. I also really like the playstyle of the Scoundrel (close second).

10+ Year Old Account
    BH is the only one ive tried so far but sniper is prob my next

I really gotta finish the Agent story one day.

I have a feeling it's massively overhyped though.

It's probably decent but if the story was a videogame I have a feeling it would be way overhyped like FF7 (a great game but not the godly status people put it at) or maybe Halo (A mediocre game that is way overhyped for reasons I can't explain)

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

Well it's a good story considering the context and the medium that it is in.

Leveled my warrior till max and playing a bit with some alts (jedi consular/knight and bounty hunter and used to play agent on trial before) but overall my impression is that the Warrior/Knight are the main heroes of the story.

It is kind of hard to explain because all classes as far as I know do stuff for the war effort but it seems to me that with it goes further with the jedi knight and Sith warrior.

Deleted

It's probably decent but if the story was a videogame I have a feeling it would be way overhyped like FF7 (a great game but not the godly status people put it at) or maybe Halo (A mediocre game that is way overhyped for reasons I can't explain)
    It never under-delivered for me. I don't think I ever rolled my eyes at it even once. There are quite a few brilliantly written characters and twists I did not see coming at all.

I've read the sentience a few times that the Agent story could be a movie and I agree. If you absolutely do not want to slog through the level grind for it there are also quite a few good YT clips for it.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think its massively overhyped. I think its a good enough story that it leaves you wanting to find out what happens next, and by the end you are very satisfied.

I don't claim it will leave you jumping from your chair in a fit of hystaria though.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I don't think its massively overhyped. I think its a good enough story that it leaves you wanting to find out what happens next, and by the end you are very satisfied.

I don't claim it will leave you jumping from your chair in a fit of hystaria though.
    I had the same with every story though I'm a person which can't leave a story unfinished. Even if it's pretty bad I'll want to see it through. I read a lot of stories in my life and SWTOR stories are really not bad at all. I'd like to have some more Bane'like stories, which probably lots of people were expecting to start at lvl 50. You somehow should be able as a jedi to train a padawan, you somehow should be able to compete against other bountyhunters in the galaxy to determine who is "the best" (which is not that easy as you end up being part of the best of the best....) etc. . I hope we'll be blown away by the hutt cartel, leaving us on the edge of existence as they joined forces with the dread masters and make us actually "fear" for our lives though I guess it will be just another "bad guy" = "dead bad guy" kinda story element.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    funny how the popularity of each class is almost evenly distributed.
    The only outlier is merc/commando, but not by much.

This is proof of great class design. Each class has its appeal abd certainly not outrageously out of balance. There is no obvious FOTM.

oh, there are fotm, but the question was about favourite, not best for a specific job ^^ merc went pew pew, missle missle! thats why they have more votes

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    oh, there are fotm, but the question was about favourite, not best for a specific job ^^ merc went pew pew, missle missle! thats why they have more votes
    Agreed. There are very obvious FOTM's in many niches of the game. If anything class balance is truly not something SWTOR excels in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nris View Post
    Agreed. There are very obvious FOTM's in many niches of the game. If anything class balance is truly not something SWTOR excels in.
    1.2 wasn't that bad balance wise. They fixed watchmen and sorc/consular hybrid builds. I miss 1.2s balance.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    1.2 wasn't that bad balance wise. They fixed watchmen and sorc/consular hybrid builds. I miss 1.2s balance.
    Agree to disagree. Sins/Shadows and PT/Vanguards were already way ahead of the curve. You could already see the game shifting into favor of the more tank-y specs.
    It's fun that they took the AoE Damage from Sorcs/Consular and gave it to SW and JK in a much stronger form later.

The nerf to hybrid specs was terrible. Took away all the fun to widdle with talents. There is pretty much zero choice in the trees for most specs now. Funnily enough the popular Sorc/Sage spec is pretty much still the same for the retarded stun bubble which is way worse and more powerful than the old hybrid spec EVER was.

My main is a Arsenal merc...love range classes (was a hunter in wow)...so much fun!

Eh sort of? 1.2 balancewise was great for PvE, for PvP 1.2 broke a lot in that respect. I don't remember exactly what was unbalanced about PvP then but I do recall that was the point a number of people quit because of the PvP situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Eh sort of? 1.2 balancewise was great for PvE, for PvP 1.2 broke a lot in that respect. I don't remember exactly what was unbalanced about PvP then but I do recall that was the point a number of people quit because of the PvP situation.
    The people who quit because of PVP were most likely quitting because ranked pvp got pulled from 1.2 like the day before it launched.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The people who quit because of PVP were most likely quitting because ranked pvp got pulled from 1.2 like the day before it launched.
    Well there was that but I remember quite vividly Taugrim saying at one point that before 1.2 the PvP had been incredibly balanced and after that all went out of the window. It might have had something to do with them nerf'ing the hybrid specs but I was never that into the PvP so I am not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well there was that but I remember quite vividly Taugrim saying at one point that before 1.2 the PvP had been incredibly balanced and after that all went out of the window. It might have had something to do with them nerf'ing the hybrid specs but I was never that into the PvP so I am not sure.
    Taugrim stated that the game right out of the gate had the most balanced PvP that he had seen on the market. It was the 1.2 patch that begin a trend he did not like as much, and it just seemed to get worse and worse in his opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Taugrim stated that the game right out of the gate had the most balanced PvP that he had seen on the market. It was the 1.2 patch that begin a trend he did not like as much, and it just seemed to get worse and worse in his opinion.
    I can agree with his sentiment somewhat. Operatives/Scoundrels had a retarded binary concept to them like every stealth-stun class in every MMO ever but other than that PVP was the main draw for the longest time personally.

Then they decided to screw with gear because the low diminished return caps on expertise weren't working and flat out told you to go back to blue gear and farm again.
    Ruined Hybrid specs for both Sorc/sage and Sin/Shadow, because apparently the intention was never for you to skip the end tier talent.

Looks like they gave up completely on any kind of class balance now. Guess the smash monkeys will have their play field. It's not just them though, damage across the board is out of control. You die way faster now even in full WH gear than you used to die back in Centurio/Champ stuff.

Otherwise you'd never kill a healer... seriously the damage is fine but people don't have to stand clumbed together like a herd of animals waiting for the slaughter. A smasher is just as good as you let him be, especially if you don't counter him like stun after leap to avoid his 10% dmg buff etc. . Operative healers are already a hell to kill... not to think about them being even more survivable.