View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    Sorry if I offend you:
    As a non-American I think it's quite silly that people gets shot in the US, don't you see that that will happen if pretty much anyone can use a gun?
    The argument "we have them to protect us with" is quite silly too, imo. If no one has a gun, you don't need a gun to protect yourself form other guns, right? But if you want your country to be this way, go ahead.
    Once again, sorry if I offended anyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Honestly, you just highlighted a number of things that convince the rest of the world that we're predominately a bunch of giant assholes. Nothing but sheer ignorance, arrogance, and rash generalizations.
    Shit, you can just look at fucking any Modern Warfare game if you wanted reinforcement of that
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    You are being unreasonably pedantic here. EVERYONE calls their cheap .22 lr a "range toy." Don't get a bug up your ass over this term.
    thank you for proving my point about that some people are just too think to realize the term

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I'm not being clueless I am pointing out that term is not a good one, it trivializes the weapon. ever wonder why the Marine Corps doesn't call a weapon a gun? It is to keep the serious nature of the tool. One of my chief complaints and why I want to see more gun control is the slow denigration of the value of life and a weapon. You should never want to take a life, and you show never joke about a weapon.
    I know you're an ex-Marine, but the reason firearms are called weapons instead of "guns" in the Corps is because a gun in the naval context refers to a naval gun, i.e. a big breech loading cannon.

Sorry, just had to have my moment of aspie-ness.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Sorry if I offend you:
    As a non-American I think it's quite silly that people gets shot in the US, don't you see that that will happen if pretty much anyone can use a gun?
    The argument "we have them to protect us with" is quite silly too, imo. If no one has a gun, you don't need a gun to protect yourself form other guns, right? But if you want your country to be this way, go ahead.
    rofl because criminals will just give their guns up right?

also will do i enjoy living in a country where i have the right to defend myself if the time ever came where i have to

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    But if you want your country to be this way, go ahead.
    Thanks for the support. Will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiedel View Post
    yea...im kinda thinking the same thing. I didn't think any sort of military used the 22 version or even the strictly semi-auto 9mm version. I thought all the versions used by anyone working for the government would have a burst and full auto selection on it. The 22 just looks the same and has a high capacity.
    When you are in the military you can have personal weapons. Also many units will buy weapons to be modified for special uses. These uses are almost never "Official" policies, but a way to achieve a goal to meet a need.

Trust me some of these needs are fairly wild.

However my comment was about the lack of respect he used with his weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You're talking about something completely different. Stay on topic.
    lmfao, you're kidding right? You can't be that ignorant... oh nvm...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    rofl because criminals will just give their guns up right?
    Sure, less than 1% will still have guns, but the killings will go down...

Yes I'm a tranny, I am also a former US Marine. I happen to know a thing or two about firearms. I also have a strong belief in personal freedom, and the Constitution. On these forums which is a collection of nerds from around the world it is interesting to see foreign points of view on issues relating to the USA, they might not understand everything but they have opinions which are just as valid as any American.

I could say you have no clue what freedom is worth unless you have served. I don't because we are all free.
    Veteran here as well. So yeah, I can say what it means, at least to me. I've seen the hate other countries have for the US, not just the occupied ones. The sheer amount of ignorance from the EU to the US. Far out weights the ignorance from the average Mid-Westerner, in regards to EU.

Sure the Average American isn't completely familiar with the nearly 30 Countries in the EU. But the EU can focus just on one Country for blame. Even if it's far bigger and more diverse then the Average European wants to admit.

Most of the Americans have no clue on EU policy, and you want to know why? Because it's really none of our business and we have our own problems to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously not explaining it again you dont get it
    You're the one that ain't getting it, man. Guns aren't toys. A .22 can be just as deadly as a .30-06, just because it shoots a tiny bullet doesn't mean it isn't dangerous or that it's a toy.

Sorry if I offend you:
    No offense taken

I think it's a common misconception that we buy and own guns because we feel a need to protect ourselves. Every gunowner I know owns their guns for hunting, recreation, or collecting, and the fact that our laws allow us to use those guns in self-defense is just a bonus.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Sorry if I offend you:
    My point exactlly. They need to disarm each and everyone, making it hard to get a gun both legal and illegal. The then gun crimes will go down as there will be harder to make.

ps: Hunting weapons are rifles and other sort, nowhere close to assault rifles that can be used so easy in a killing spree. As at hunting you hunt one target at a time, but hey that's what we use here in the "strict gun control" countries. Also we have a limit of ammountion per hunting rifle and registered permit with check-ups.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you are in the military you can have personal weapons. Also many units will buy weapons to be modified for special uses. These uses are almost never "Official" policies, but a way to achieve a goal to meet a need.

Trust me some of these needs are fairly wild.

However my comment was about the lack of respect he used with his weapon.
    there is no lack of respect

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    You are being unreasonably pedantic here. EVERYONE calls their cheap .22 lr a "range toy." Don't get a bug up your ass over this term.
    Remind me never to goto your range or hang out in your circles, because I'm the type to punch someone for trivializing a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No offense taken

I think it's a common misconception that we buy and own guns because we feel a need to protect ourselves. Every gunowner I know owns their guns for hunting, recreation, or collecting, and the fact that our laws allow us to use those guns in self-defense is just a bonus.
    Well, guns for hunting I can understand, but plenty of people has smaller guns, like pistols, and those do very good for hunting

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, less than 1% will still have guns, but the killings will go down...
    really you believe that there are less then 1% of criminals living in the united states i dont think theres a face palm that will do justice to that

Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    In response to the recent shootings at both the Connecticut elementary school and the Oregon Mall, wouldn't you agree that it's about time to discuss severely limiting gun freedom and firearm possession in America?
    Not in the least.

The cat is, technologically speaking, out of the bag. You cannot regulate guns. They are too simple to make, and people know how to do it. Have you ever heard of a thing called a Zip Gun? Yes, they were single shot items, and often as (or more) dangerous to the user, but it is a simple demonstration of the point.

Given how well the War on Drugs has gone, and evidence from prohibition in general, simply making guns illegal does nothing. The biggest effect is making sure that criminals have a much easier time because the population is unarmed.

What you really need to do is change the culture. How do you do that? Every citizen, whether they want to own a gun or not, goes through a gun safety course. Make it part of the curriculum during 6th or 7th grade. After that, if you want to own a gun, you get further training and a license, then have periodic re-testing and re-training. We require licenses to own/operate deadly weapons already, why not extend that from cars to guns?

That's still not going to be a perfect system, but it would be far better than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    Bowling For Columbine is a great documentary about exactly this, I recommend watching it for some useful/interesting insight on this issue
    And by useful insight you mean heavily slanted propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    If someone is determined to shoot and kill people, guns being illegal wont change a thing.
    Would inherently make it harder to do which would be enough to stop a few people, thereby saving a few lives. How could you possibly be so selfish as to ignore this, people's kids have died.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

really you believe that there are less then 1% of criminals living in the united states i dont think theres a face palm that will do justice to that
    As I said, I'm no American, I don't know the numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    My point exactlly. They need to disarm each and everyone, making it hard to get a gun both legal and illegal. The then gun crimes will go down as there will be harder to make.
    That's not going to happen. It just isn't. I don't think you guys really appreciate the fact that this is in our Constitution. You might as well be talking about removing freedom of the press or freedom of assembly. Either of those would be only slightly more challenging than creating the necessary legal groundwork for European style gun control in the US.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!