View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
Page 1 of 328
... LastLast

Time to discuss gun regulation in the US?

First of all I'd like to say that I'm not an American and haven't lived in America for a good 8 years now, so information might be incorrect and if so please correct me

In response to the recent shootings at both the Connecticut elementary school and the Oregon Mall, wouldn't you agree that it's about time to discuss severely limiting gun freedom and firearm possession in America?
    I just think that there *might* be some form of correlation between gun-sales and possession and shootings when the countries with the least number of people shot per year are also the ones with the tightest legislation and the least armed police officers...
    "If everyone has a gun then it's safer herp derp second amendment I-do-need-me-my-fully-automatic-gun-for-self-defense"

Thoughts?

Edit: The thread title is "gun regulation", not banning. Calm down you gun-tooting Uncle Sams.
    Furthermore, the incident in China involving a knifing spree lead to injured children, while this incident involving guns lead to dead children.
    Last edited by Aftonflickan; 2012-12-14 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Clarifying things being repeated in the thread

No time, because constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I'm tired of the Right wing forcing America to be dangerous.

There is nothing to discuss. Free men have rights. Plain and simple.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

No. Perfect example is Prohibition. you will only make them illegal gun holders

Bowling For Columbine is a great documentary about exactly this, I recommend watching it for some useful/interesting insight on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by sctrojans1112 View Post
    I don't care if criminals have guns, I care that crazies have guns.

Wake up USA, protect your kids from your own misinterpretation of your constitution.

Wake up USA, GUNS DO KILL PEOPLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    Thoughts?
    I think this topic is gonna get ugly quick.

Personally I feel we should just pray for the families of the victims right now, gun control debate in Washington would realistically get nothing done.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2012-12-14 at 10:24 PM.

Herp, derp, what happen to background checks? Crazies and criminals shouldnt be able to buy guns. IDK why foreigners want to get up in our business about us being allowed to own guns.

If someone is determined to shoot and kill people, guns being illegal wont change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sctrojans1112 View Post
    But surely you agree that making it so legal, accepted and available gives firms and companies the incentive to compete with eachother over it, leading to cheaper guns and ammunition, I mean ammunition is so ridiculously cheap in America compared to the EU it's no wonder (if only looking at the numbers) that there are so many shootings....
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I'm tired of the Right wing forcing America to be dangerous.
    I'd rather ban worthless statements like yours than ban guns.

Deleted
    Listen, the constitution asserts a man's right to bear arms and arm bears and all points in between. Whoever heard of a gun, or a bear, causing problems? That's all just cockypop, or whatever that word is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    In response to the recent shootings at both the Connecticut elementary school and the Oregon Mall, wouldn't you agree that it's about time to discuss severely limiting gun freedom and firearm possession in America?
    There is no reason to limit gun freedom, just make it as hard to get a gun licence as it is to get a car licence - is that REALLY too much to ask ?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    gun control just makes things harder on legitimate law abiding citizens. If people want to kill, they will, even if its with a terrorist bought serial scratched off gun

Prohibition worked out so well, and the current war on drugs is doing wonders on stopping people from getting drugs.

Deleted
    Warning: Do not nation bash, do not insult people, and do not break the forum guide lines. You have been warned.

Thread can get closed at any given time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd amendment. Removing any of our constitutional freedoms means none of them are safe, including your freedom of speech, your right to religion, etc.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

I find it sickening that anyone would try to push their agenda in the wake of a horrific event like what happened in Connecticut today.

It was one crazy, sick person that caused the deaths of those children. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    There is nothing to discuss. Free men have rights. Plain and simple.
    Dead men have no rights.

How stupid are you people? You CAN NOT regulate guns. Criminals do NOT obey the law and will always find ways to get a gun. It is sad, but it is true.