View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
Page 6 of 328 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    Gun owners got blood on their hands from 28 children.
    So I guess you've got blood on your hands too because you're human and well, humans do shitty things.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The guy who stabbed school children in China hurt 22 of them, and didn't kill a single one.

Discuss whatever you want but saying that a knife is a much more efficient/dangerous tool to that of a gun is simple non-sense. You will physically get worn out trying to kill people with a knife, it's exhausting and you will get tired. Not to say that you can't kill people with any tool, but some tools are simply way better for certain tasks. Furthermore although it's not recommended, it's much easier/safer overwhelm or overpower something wielding a knife as opposed to a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by shibbily View Post
    That was not the point. The point is he is blaming the gun for what this man did. Do you blame a hammer for smashing someones skull?
    The man is to blame, and in my mind he got off easy. But you take those two assault rifles and multiple hanguns away from him and the number would have been no where near what it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't change anything. People will still get guns.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    yes, cause the UK became so much MORE safe after they banned them, right?

i seem to remember one girl burning another girl with a cola bottle full of gasoline and a match.
    U.K. is far far far more safer than the U.S.

You remember that time the guy in the theater in Colorado knifed up the entire room?
    or how bout when those two kids in Colorado threw daggers around and killed all their class mates?
    or how bout the time in arizona when that congress woman was killed with brass knuckles?

Nobody is saying gun control will make the world absolutely safe. We are saying that not only will it be more safe, the outcomes of the above situations will be less drastic and less severe.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Talking about crazies here, not criminals, snipers, assassins ... talking about CRAZIES.
    No... you are talking about denying the rights to 100's of millions because of a few "crazies"
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    No time, because constitution.

Your constitution does not actually say that people can own guns without regulation. it says:
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Give everyone a peashooter and they can carry it round as they like and it meets the requirements. It does not say any arms, it does not say you can shoot people or use them, and it does not say you could not have ammunition control. Also there is no definition of a militia, apart from the "well regulated" bit. I dont think you can seriously argue that current gun control laws in america, where you can walk away with automatic weapons with minimal checks, is well regulated.

Oh, my original post, I linked more in there, so its not just a one time occurrence, and its china, you think they would tell people so easily how many people were killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Well something has to be done. The school is the 3rd major shooting in america this year http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

And having no guns does show very well that gun related crime is down, the UK is a good comparison for the states being so similer, the US is simply causing problems for itself
    I agree. We should all become communists like Europe. Only when you give all power over people and resources to the government, can you hope to finally balance revenue and expenditure. I'm sure China will step up to the plate and take over stabilizing the world, so we can finally divert those military expenditures to our own country.

P.S. Thank you, and you're welcome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    yes, cause the UK became so much MORE safe after they banned them, right?

i seem to remember one girl burning another girl with a cola bottle full of gasoline and a match.
    Yup, no more school massacres since Dunblain.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    It wouldn't change anything. People will still get guns.
    How do you know that? Have you ever wondered, how would even the criminals get their gun, if all guns were illigal in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Actually - there are countries with a high gun ownership of guns that do not have the shooting level of the USA, the issue here isn't how many guns - rather how easy guns.
    It's moreso how Americans view and treat guns.

Violence can happen anywhere. The difference between America and everywhere else is that here, the violent person's likely to have a gun. Our news is all about the tragedy in Connecticut, but the Chinese news is all about another maniac that attached kids in a school in Penan. Who knows what drove either wack job, but their guy used a knife and our guy used a gun. Their kids lived to get over their trauma; our kids are dead.

At what point do we recognize that the price is too high?

We regulate all kinds of weapons now. Fully automatic carbines, belt-fed machine guns, mortars, mines, armed UAVs, grenades are all illegal for civilian sale or ownership. What is the magic line that protects handguns with 17 bullets that can be fired as fast as you can pull the trigger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    Gun owners got blood on their hands from 28 children.
    Well then, by that logic, everyone who owns a knife or a sword, has blood on their hands from MILLIONS.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    No... you are talking about denying the rights to 100's of millions because of a few "crazies"
    Nope ... you may want to read what I have typed, rather than just assuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55325884,d.cGE
    No, because in a country with strict gun control this kind of thing happened ON THE SAME DAY!
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    "Those who call for gun control after incidents like this contribute nothing to the solution. Gunmen like Friday’s plan their actions, right down to wearing military garb. They could certainly procure illegal firearms or use incendiary devices to kill. I only wish the kindergarten teacher and principal in Connecticut had been armed."

-Dr. Keith Ablow, psychiatrist
    Dr. Keith Ablow is a psychiatrist and member of the Fox News Medical A-Team.

A Fox News contributor is against gun control. Not too surprising. Also, it is ridiculous of him to assume anything about the shooter when the shooter was not his patient. The fact that he wrote an article about what the shooter thought and did with minimal information is unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    I agree. We should all become communists like Europe.
    I'm sorry. Is that was passes for education in america? Europe is all communist? The same EU that is run by the bankers? OMFG what a joke.

The ignorance of a small few ( and this is not directly aimed at the above poster although he has certainly showed a little bit of that) is the deadliest price we pay in this world and in the end the larger cost will be born by our children.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    What rights? Constuition gives rights to well regulated malitia. are the people well regulated or are in malitia. Only Supreme Court which was Conservative gave that right, not the constitution.