View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Does that happen often where you live? Do people often break into your home armed with a firearm intending to murder you? If so, I suggest you move somewhere safer.
    Yes because everyone has the means to just grab their shit and move. wow the stupidity here astounds.where I live I pay $950 bucks a month working a minimum wage job pulling in around $1400. After rent, pet food, my food, laundry, electric, internet, car insurance, health insurance, and a wow sub Im fuckin broke so lets say I wanna move I find a guy he has a place to rent and he is willing to let me bring my dogs. He says $950 a month to move in I need to give him First month, last month, and a moth deposit that's $2850 just to get the key from the fella now I have to pay to move all of my shit from point A to point B

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Wait... i thought that locking your firearms up was actually legislated in some states, are you saying theres nothing in place whatsoever that regulates it?

I really dont know much about gun control in the states
    theres a few laws but no one enforces them. i used to see guys riding around with machine guns in the back of their trucks at my highschool. no one gives a fuck till the bullets start flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ddark View Post
    This debate is irrelevant, who do we call to protect us from the police?
    The right to bear arms is to protect a free society from a tyrannical government.
    Really think the US army will turn on its own people? Soldiers are not robots, they have minds of their own. Most Soldiers would tell command to get fucked if ordered against their own people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Just most recently some mother discovered her son was planning another Aurora style shooting and turned him in.
    http://www.news-leader.com/viewart/2...ight-screening

Bolivar is in Missouri.
    Stopped by his mother when she found out what he was planning and that he was disturbed does not equal being stopped by someone that is licensed to carry a handgun. People that are pro-gun will claim that carrying guns stops violent acts. However, mass shootings happen and are never stopped by someone licensed to carry. Individual home burglaries or convenience store robberies from time to time are stopped (and often end up with the criminal shooting the person anyway), but yet mass shootings are not stopped by the people that swear that carrying guns prevents crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmajix View Post
    Nope you stab them or shove them down some stairs maybe through a window
    stabbing and throwing people out of window takes longer than using the point-and-squeeze interface of a gun.
    In a moment of passion, you might realize what you're doing, and stop before it is too late.

In specific case of shooting in school, when 3 people came at him (principal and such), he probably wouldn't be able to stab all of them, two of them fatally.

I'm not saying that guns should be banned.

But no one can compare a knife, even a hunting knife, to a mechanism specifically designed by very smart people to kill. It is designed to kill from a safe distance, pretty anonymously, heck some guns have sniper scopes so that other person could be hundreds of feet away unaware of anything.

Guns do kill people, if you can show me a person capable of throwing an object at a speed of 800 feet per second, I'll show you the best pitcher in the world.

Deleted
    Yes because everyone has the means to just grab their shit and move. wow the stupidity here astounds.where I live I pay $950 bucks a month working a minimum wage job pulling in around $1400. After rent, pet food, my food, laundry, electric, internet, car insurance, health insurance, and a wow sub Im fuckin broke so lets say I wanna move I find a guy he has a place to rent and he is willing to let me bring my dogs. He says $950 a month to move in I need to give him First month, last month, and a moth deposit that,s $2850 just to get the key from the fella now I have to pay to move all of my shit from point A to point B
    So cut down on the luxuries and save your pennies, stop making excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Given the training and equipment the US Government and Military have access to - you wouldn't stand a chance, even with a basement full of Assault rifles. It's a romantic notion but not a realistic one.
    Actually, an armed population could assassinate a despot. You don't need to eliminate the entire government complex, :P

Quote Originally Posted by ddark View Post
    This debate is irrelevant, who do we call to protect us from the police?
    The right to bear arms is to protect a free society from a tyrannical government.
    Oh fuck this argument has reared it's head.

1) The government isn't going to go tyrannical and since America has a military it loves to boast about, I highly doubt there is much you can do.
    2) Are you guys planning to start a war on police? A civil war?!

Deleted
    Yes because everyone has the means to just grab their shit and move. wow the stupidity here astounds.where I live I pay $950 bucks a month working a minimum wage job pulling in around $1400. After rent, pet food, my food, laundry, electric, internet, car insurance, health insurance, and a wow sub Im fuckin broke so lets say I wanna move I find a guy he has a place to rent and he is willing to let me bring my dogs. He says $950 a month to move in I need to give him First month, last month, and a moth deposit that,s $2850 just to get the key from the fella now I have to pay to move all of my shit from point A to point B
    I think the point he's trying to make is: Does a burglary usually involve the criminal deciding that well... "Since, I'm here and I'm robbing this person of all their possessions I might as well kill them and their family whilst I'm at it..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    dont bother the Europeans have no clue about the right to defend themselves they are anti-gun because they didnt fight for their rights long ago
    fight for our rights? we aren't so delusional thinking we need guns to protect our selfs

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    For fuck sakes you're the one who doesn't get it lol.

Criminals will get guns, sure, but when there are LESS GUNS TO BE HAD THERE WILL BE LESS CRIMINALS WITH GUNS.e
    the most common way for criminals to obtain guns is walk in to a shop with a friend who doesnt have a record and have them buy it for the criminal.

Deleted
    dont bother the Europeans have no clue about the right to defend themselves they are anti-gun because they didnt fight for their rights long ago
    Are you kidding? EVERY country in Europe has fought for their rights many times. The world didnt start 1775, way to show your ignorance of world history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    Cardiovascular disease is a huge problem in the United States. So is smoking and cardiovascular problems as a result of smoking. However, those are hardly homicides and if anything are suicides. It's pretty hard to stop people from killing themselves with cardiovascular disease if that's what they want. Guns on the other hand commit homicide and people killed by guns have no choice. This difference is pretty clear.
    But, but, the death rate from cheeseburgers is 70x that of guns... shouldn't we at least consider regulating the cheeseburgers so not as many die? Seriously... come on now, even you can see the logic in saving all those people from the evil cheeseburger.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    the most common way for criminals to obtain guns is walk in to a shop with a friend who doesnt have a record and have them buy it for the criminal.
    If guns are banned though there won't be any friends to walk into a store with.

We don't really need freedom of speech either if you really think about it. It hurts feelings and it doesn't do much good anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuareapirate View Post
    fight for our rights? we aren't so delusional thinking we need guns to protect our selfs
    btw still not delusional rather have it never use it then to not have it at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, your ignorance of global political history is staggering.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    stabbing and throwing people out of window takes longer than using the point-and-squeeze interface of a gun.
    In a moment of passion, you might realize what you're doing, and stop before it is too late.

In specific case of shooting in school, when 3 people came at him (principal and such), he probably wouldn't be able to stab all of them, two of them fatally.

I'm not saying that guns should be banned.

But no one can compare a knife, even a hunting knife, to a mechanism specifically designed by very smart people to kill. It is designed to kill from a safe distance, pretty anonymously, heck some guns have sniper scopes so that other person could be hundreds of feet away unaware of anything.

Guns do kill people, if you can show me a person capable of throwing an object at a speed of 800 feet per second, I'll show you the best pitcher in the world.
    My friend Breeze Killed his own brother Over a girl in a fist fight on his front porch he is spending life in prison now he never touched a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Actually, an armed population could assassinate a despot. You don't need to eliminate the entire government complex, :P
    And when you've done that you become the President! Because thats how politics work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    But, but, the death rate from cheeseburgers is 70x that of guns... shouldn't we at least consider regulating the cheeseburgers so not as many die? Seriously... come on now, even you can see the logic in saving all those people from the evil cheeseburger.
    Cheeseburgers and fatty food = a person own will to eat.

Being shot by a criminal is no ones own free will. Such a stupid argument.

Also we did put regulation in for fast food to not target children to cut down on childhood obesity. So your whole point is moot.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:12 AM ----------

My friend Breeze Killed his own brother Over a girl in a fist fight on his front porch he is spending life in prison now he never touched a gun
    1) I don't think he should be spending life.

2) Come back when you have a story of a man killing 20 people with his fist.