[10 man] Shaman Dps help

Hi there I am very out of date with the shaman class so not sure what can be done to improve the dps
    fight is the stone Guards which can be movement heavy.

here's a raid log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=3207&e=3709

and here's the profile from askmrrobot
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...council/junawe

not my toon but trying to help by getting some pointers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alrighty.

1. Couple of quick fixes: gem out the helm, and change gems and reforges from resto to elemental. He's almost 2k hit rating over the cap with that resto setup. Oh, and a spellthread on the legs.
    2. Optional fix: drop mining and get literally any other profession. Mining is the only primary profession in existence that doesn't give some kind of buff to DPS.
    3. Since we're talking about the first boss in MsV, he should be running Primal Elementalist, not Elemental Blast. It provides very slightly lower DPS on paper, but it requires 0 extra non-mobile casting and simplifies the rotation, both of which will help with movement.
    4. Switch gylph from Chain Lightning to Unleashed Lightning. His rotation on this fight should be with chain lightning filler on the two bosses, and the CL glyph will severely reduce that damage. Unleashed is used because any time he's moving, he should be filling with lightning bolt. He will be losing mana faster than he gains it because of the CL spam, so he should be using thunderstorm on CD, and the telluric currents glyph will help to get him back up quickly if he ooms so that he can keep spamming CL.

Now for the logs, I looked at http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=3207&e=3709, since it was your longest attempt by far.

5. First glaring problem is that he's not filling with chain lightning. Elemental is really, really good on this fight because of our great cleave damage on two targets. His rotation (excluding CDs) should look like this:
    Maintain FS on ONE target (do not multidot) > LvB > ES > CL (LB if oom)
    6. Flameshock uptime is good (90%), but could be even a little bit higher. Make sure he's not ESing when FlS has less than 5 seconds remaining. He'll have to watch it a lot more, since he'll be using ES a lot more when spamming CL.
    7. Holy shit, GIANT problem. He's not casting ascendance. Ascendance is an absolutely killer cooldown. It removes the CD from LvB and turns CL into Lava Beam, which is a super powerful version of CL. It should be used immediately on the pull (as soon as the tank has threat) and lined up with as many procs/CDs as possible. For him, lining up ascendance and elemental mastery provides fantastic burst damage. Just make sure he doesn't GCD cap himself (LvB cast time < 1 sec) by stacking lust and elemental mastery.
    8. He's not dropping stormlash totem. This is not only a good burst spell for him, it's a raid CD. Your entire raid is losing free damage. Actually, your enh shaman isn't dropping it either. They don't stack, so the two shaman should be coordinating them to be dropped at different times.
    9. He's not specced into Unleashed Fury (which is good), but he's still casting unleash flame, which is a no-no. If he's moving, he should be casting LB.
    10. He's not dropping earth elemental (again, another problem shared with your enh shaman). It's not a lot, but it's free damage. And it'll be even more when he's specced into Primal Elementalist.

Overall he seems to have fairly good uptime on the things he was doing right, so I'm pretty sure when he fixes a few things, he'll be doing really well. Looking at your other DPS, I would guess that he could very easily be top DPS by a very wide margin. I would guess 60k+ DPS.

Here's a log of mine for reference. It was a top ten rank when I did it, and it's 23rd now. (Heroic, but it's basically the same rotation.)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3500&e=3785
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2012-12-15 at 09:08 PM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Thanks a lot ton's of info for me to digest but i'll be sure to pass those tips around

At Eruionmel, impressive logs. I was told that CL wasnt good to use if you only had 2 targets stacked? Maybe I am confused!

/reports/ctltx1be0kml7iu2/details/21/ is from a WoL parse that was from heroic feng 10m

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiktok View Post
    At Eruionmel, impressive logs. I was told that CL wasnt good to use if you only had 2 targets stacked? Maybe I am confused!

/reports/ctltx1be0kml7iu2/details/21/ is from a WoL parse that was from heroic feng 10m
    It's only worth it as a replacement to lightning bolt in your single target rotation.

So for stoneguard CL would be better than LB? and for just single target stick with LB? does the CL on 2 targets do more dmg than LB on 1? havent tested the numbers so thats why I have to ask =P

Deleted
    So for stoneguard CL would be better than LB? and for just single target stick with LB? does the CL on 2 targets do more dmg than LB on 1? havent tested the numbers so thats why I have to ask =P
    Yeah. Overall it will do more damage and since the dogs share a health pool it comes out ahead of lightning bolt. I'm not sure about rolling thunder procs though and how they compare, but as far as I know it still comes out ahead.

Cool, but say for something like....heroic Spiritbinder the normal rotation for me would be Flame Shock, ele blast, LvB, LB till proc? that sound about right? (for when im out of spirit realm. or will Flame Shock, ele blast, LvB, CL till proc? still do tthe same dmg if not more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, but say for something like....heroic Spiritbinder the normal rotation for me would be Flame Shock, ele blast, LvB, LB till proc? that sound about right? (for when im out of spirit realm. or will Flame Shock, ele blast, LvB, CL till proc? still do tthe same dmg if not more?
    CL is used as filler (taking the place of LB) when there are two targets. You will get more rolling thunder procs with it, as there are two nature spells hitting, not one. LB is still used on single target. CL does basically equal base damage (hits softer, but much lower cast time), but has an equal chance to proc rolling thunder (technically lower due to the next thing) and a 1/3 chance to proc overloads (and by association, echoes) on a single target. You would also oom almost instantly with only one target.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

great to know, thanks for all the help yall!