Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Worst thing is that whenever a murder is commited by a gamer or a fan of rap or metal music, the media is all over it.

And completely ignore the much more common violent crimes of the highly religious.

Apperently fearmongers need that scapegoat, otherwise they can't get as much attention (i.e. money) from a terrified audience.
    No the worst thing is that when CEO's cut corners which lead to thousands of deaths, we don't attack and call for bans on greed.

As I've said before, I've been playing games of all types since I was 3 and I'm 27 now. You don't see me going out and shooting people. The media blames whoever or whatever they can. It's all bullshit.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Before violent video games it was violent movies and before that it was violent books, wonder whats next ppl will blame

Like how all the ppl in the Penn and Teller video thats against violent games are OLD, OLD ppl that dont understand the game, or any games...
    I cant recall to see any 25 year old saying those things
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there isnt much point to this thread, as everyone here is a gamer, and we can all agree that blaming games is not a rational defense for heinious acts of murder.

That said though, it is not easy to evaluate ones interests, if one sees no wrong in what they enjoy, case and point, gladiatoral arenas of rome

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 09:31 PM ----------

EDIT: double post from phone, sorry.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-12-16 at 01:19 AM. Reason: double post
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    i would be willing to accept the claim that violent video games triggers violent behavior if the whole of human history was devoid of nutbags going round killing people till the first pong game was put together. Did hitler play GTA? did jack the ripper play saints row? ghengis khan a CoD player? Since the dawn of time there have been asshats out there who are just wired differently to normal people and go on killing sprees. Its not anything new and trying to blame video games which have only really been around the last 20 years (and thats being generous) is a bit rediculous tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    Seems like the media loves to point out reasons for the madness in todays youth. I keep reading and hearing the finger pointing of violent video games. I think its BS and do not buy into that. My opinion, very simple broken homes and family values.
    Playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out as a kid did not make we want to challenge Iron Mike to a fight.

...and the media will ALWAYS, at some point, show that same ancient archived footage of the original Mortal Kombat with Sub-Zero pulling off somebody's head...

I've grown numb to it... the topic Video Game violence is now just an easy news-media hot-topic and for people wanting to be "edgy" in order to get hits on their blogs.

I believe the media showing 24/7 news updates about college age kids murdering schoolchildren does more psychological damage than Video Game violence. I can't tell you how many facebook posts I read screaming "I hate this world.. it's just another sign of the apocalypse after what this guy did". Prior to that, we were talking about enjoying Skyrim and other video games and having fun. :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Before violent video games it was violent movies and before that it was violent books, wonder whats next ppl will blame

Like how all the ppl in the Penn and Teller video thats against violent games are OLD, OLD ppl that dont understand the game, or any games...
    I cant recall to see any 25 year old saying those things
    Sadly I can and have... one in particular is my brother, who's an Arizona State Penitentiary officer. He has a VERY vocal opinion about Grand Theft Auto....

Just because you don't see them in your social circle doesn't mean they don't exist. Hell, I thought racism was just for the elderly of a different generation until I frequented the Southern USA...