1. #1
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    834

    Inspired by the soundtrack So i thought i would have a go :s

    RIFT inspired me to have a go at Soundtrack music making siting in one of the zones, listening to the sweet sweet soundtrack, decided i would have a go at making soundtrack music with some simple software, i know its short but it was just for fun.

    (for some reason the drums get to ear perforating level half way through so don't have it too loud lol)



    I hope you like it :s

    Fae Yule Inspired


    Fae Yule one is way better IMO

    Another one here

    Last edited by Nykolas; 2012-12-21 at 08:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post

    (for some reason the drums get to ear perforating level half way through so don't have it too loud lol)
    WOW... I should have listened to your advice T_T

    Otherwise, this is really great!! In my opinion, I would turn down the volume of the drums, and if possible give them a higher sound quality (idk if that's even possible), but other than those nit-picky details, it sounds beautiful!

    What program did you use to make this, might I ask?

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticMagicks View Post
    WOW... I should have listened to your advice T_T

    Otherwise, this is really great!! In my opinion, I would turn down the volume of the drums, and if possible give them a higher sound quality (idk if that's even possible), but other than those nit-picky details, it sounds beautiful!

    What program did you use to make this, might I ask?
    Bahaha, thank you and yeah i had it turned down a little bit too much whilst making it only realised how loud it got when i actually uploaded it haha, hope you didn't shit yourself like i did :P the software is called MAGIX music maker Soundtrack Edition, you can get a free trial of it on their site

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 02:37 AM ----------

    Made a fae yule one, uploading it now. its very depressing

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,856
    You have drums, I have a lisp. I see the therapist on Monday :P
    More about the Wocky here"
    Recent Videos ★ TOP 35 #indie games of 2013 | ★ The Elder Scrolls Online gameplay (the first few hours)
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.com ★ you-tube: WockyCC

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Sleepysnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stavanger
    Posts
    536
    Nice work, I don't think I would notice that an "amateur" (?) made this if I heard it in a game. Keep working on it is my advice
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You have drums, I have a lisp. I see the therapist on Monday :P
    i have said it before and i will say it again, your lisp is fine!

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 05:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    Nice work, I don't think I would notice that an "amateur" (?) made this if I heard it in a game. Keep working on it is my advice
    thank you the first one is a lil bit crap but i am very happy with the fae yule one, i was thinking of crucia being alone at christmas when i made it, thats why it sounds a little bit depressing. they both took around 3 hours to make! :s

  7. #7
    Moderator Splenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your coffee.
    Posts
    2,736
    Love the Fae Yule one, actually.


    S (moderator)
    P (ach/pets/mog; fun stuff; chat zone; guild recruitment)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (fun stuff rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

  8. #8
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Love the Fae Yule one, actually.
    thank you its my favorite piece of music i have evr made

  9. #9
    I did not realize you had the mixing skills of a Gladiator Nyko, well done =)
    My Youtube Channel for RIFT Guides/Endgame Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/user/Seatinmanoflegends

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,367
    I <3 the music that kicks in as you get to the infinity gate. I will literally cross the line of 'entering the infinity gate' to have it play over and over. It is like the Imperial March just new. I would be pleased to just have that song playing and replaying the whole time im in Rift.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Arkamenitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tempest Bay, Telara
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I <3 the music that kicks in as you get to the infinity gate. I will literally cross the line of 'entering the infinity gate' to have it play over and over. It is like the Imperial March just new. I would be pleased to just have that song playing and replaying the whole time im in Rift.
    yes. this. very much so.

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I did not realize you had the mixing skills of a Gladiator Nyko, well done =)
    Thanks man

  13. #13
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,857
    That sounded awesome Nyko, great job!!!
    And yeah, as a drummer myself, try to get some more high-quality recordings of drums. :P

  14. #14
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    834
    Just made another one, this time its based around going into different zones, (zoning in and out) well that's what i tried to portray anyway. :s this one is also a little bit longer

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 07:10 PM ----------

    Wow its taking forever to upload :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •