Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Right... cause others cannot enjoy what you don't. Pathetic...
    I never said that. What I said was that if enough people are unhappy and leave we'll likely get some changes to the existing reward structure of the game. You can keep enjoying fucking daily quests I could give a rats ass if you do.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    People always said there was so much to do in TBC. Want to know what I was able to do? Dalies on that Island, Kara, GL, some heroics, and afk in Shatt. Yeah, soooooo much better right guys?
    The content stayed relevant for so much longer. There was no easy mode in those days which led on to true progression.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    If it's simply them turning into a direction to something you don't like then how is it them having their heads in their ass and doing a bad job?
    Because their design philosophy is wrong IMHO. Based on false premises and misunderstood research and feedback.

  4. #44
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I never said that. What I said was that if enough people are unhappy and leave we'll likely get some changes to the existing reward structure of the game. You can keep enjoying fucking daily quests I could give a rats ass if you do.
    I actually like the 5.1 dailies, the story progression is excellent and you get a nice mount reward at the end.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It would really further this discussion if you gave reasons and arguments instead of just naysay...but whatever...
    why bother? you just get shit on by cheerleaders who wouldn't accept your criticism or opinion anyway and commit themselves to refuting you.

  6. #46
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Because their design philosophy is wrong IMHO. Based on false premises and misunderstood research and feedback.
    The player base is casual so Blizzard adapts, game direction = working as intended. Go play another MMO that first yours style.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I actually like the 5.1 dailies, the story progression is excellent and you get a nice mount reward at the end.
    That's awesome. I'm glad they cut back the amount. The story never really interested me but hey man more power to you. I'm glad those things are in WoW. I'm glad dailies are in wow to. I just don't like the progression in the game. Part of that includes dailies but part of that is how slow everything is now.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:10 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    The player base is casual so Blizzard adapts, game direction = working as intended. Go play another MMO that first yours style.
    Are you saying casual players will enjoy slower progression? I doubt it very much. Even casual players want to feel that the slim time they invest gets them some where. In this iteration of the game that simple isn't the case. It so slow. Everything is a wall in the hope of giving players something to do they've simple made the game to grindy.

  8. #48
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,536
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea because none of it was rewarding enough for me to do. Being bored because you don't like what's being offered to you is WORSE than being bored because theirs to little of what you loved doing. At least in the latter I enjoyed myself. In the former I abandoned the game so fast because everything was so god damned slow and nothing rewarded me enough.[COLOR="red"]
    Honestly I think the game and the community is better off without you. You don't offer any feedback, just the unbeareable "I am not content, try harder to please me". Not cool at all. Have fun with the next hip thing that will please you for 3 days...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I played it, way to make wild false assumptions.
    You've given hard evidence in the past that you ever played MoP *not mope* and you never would.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Because their design philosophy is wrong IMHO. Based on false premises and misunderstood research and feedback.
    You base this on what? Nothing but your feelings. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong. You need to learn the game doesn't revolve around you.
    You fucking what mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I reported you, btw. Your signature offends me. Hopefully you're forced to change it and get an infraction. I'm going to follow your posting habits and given enough time I'm sure I can report you to the point of a ban. We'll see how you like it.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    I am too a TBC player and I loved TBC. But tbh I have to agree, although the raids lack atmosphere to me MOP is a great exp. I don't dig the pandas but the content and the rest is great.
    So except for the raids, the pandas, and the PvP, it's a great expansion?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly I think the game and the community is better off without you. You don't offer any feedback, just the unbeareable "I am not content, try harder to please me". Not cool at all. Have fun with the next hip thing that will please you for 3 days...
    I have given feedback. Lot's of it. Again this is cheerleading. Go ahead and read many of my posts. See what's the fucking point in giving any feedback though? I can give you laundry lists of posts of shit I've said that I like to see changed. I've twittered about it, posted here and on the forums, posted in game suggestions, in email, in my unsub reason. All over the fucking place. All constructive. What do you get for it? People telling you the game is better off without you because you have the merest hint of criticism. You people don't actually want feedback, you just want yes men to agree with everything and reinforce your beliefs. You want a bigger circle jerk over X Y or Z.

  12. #52
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,536
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    why bother? you just get shit on by cheerleaders who wouldn't accept your criticism or opinion anyway and commit themselves to refuting you.
    Ah well...clearly you are just bored at home with no place to go on a saturday night. So you pick the forum of a game you abandoned to coax people. Well..have fun. I am outta here. Life is to short to stick around and deal with guys like you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  13. #53
    At least I guess by now MOST people can agree on one thing:

    Cataclysm was the WORST expansion

    Don't know why there were people defending it at the time..It seems their understanding of loyalty means they must blindly support each and every decision of Blizzard..Which is certainly not the case..
    And, interestingly, it is precisely because of people that healthily criticised Blizzard for its monstrosity that was called Cataclysm that we got an awesome next expansion (whether it is better or worse than TBC/Vanilla/LK, I leave to you).

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ah well...clearly you are just bored at home with no place to go on a saturday night. So you pick the forum of a game you abandoned to coax people. Well..have fun. I am outta here. Life is to short to stick around and deal with guys like you.
    And yet you replied to me. Man your not interested in making wow better or feedback or constructive dialogue or debate. Your just interested in burning down a strawman. It is the LEAST constructive thing you could say.

  15. #55
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,748
    This thread is going places. Die Hard Fans VS Bitter butthurts. I predict-atleast 10 pages in no time.

    Its always funny to see people who treat WoW like an ex-girl friend, that you cant let go. Stalk the forums and shit talk about it as much as possible, thats what these threads invoque. Nothing more nothing less.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post

    You base this on what? Nothing but your feelings. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong. You need to learn the game doesn't revolve around you.
    Let me ask you this. What evidence you would accept that their design philosophy is ass backwards? What could I present to you that would change your mind? Or bring you around to any remote criticism or second guess anything they've done so far? My suspicion is their isn't much and this discussion is ultimately futile.

  17. #57
    The game was a lot more fresh in people minds during TBC, it was also a massive change from vanilla and improved so many aspects of the game immensely. Suddenly Shaman, Druids and Paladins could actually use their offspecs which was one of the big highlights for me. I'd say MoP is a better expansion than TBC content-wise, but I still had the best times I've ever had in WoW in TBC so that is still the 'best' expansion for me.
    Last edited by emanresu; 2012-12-15 at 05:07 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Let me ask you this. What evidence you would accept that their design philosophy is ass backwards? What could I present to you that would change your mind? Or bring you around to any remote criticism or second guess anything they've done so far? My suspicion is their isn't much and this discussion is ultimately futile.
    Oh trust me, there have been things I criticized Blizzard over. Do I do it on the forums and complain? No, I email them feedback, mostly because I was banned from the main forums a while back. So please, don't go around thinking we all love every aspect of the game. It's not that. You just think the game is wrong because you no longer enjoy it, but others do so we must think like you.
    You fucking what mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I reported you, btw. Your signature offends me. Hopefully you're forced to change it and get an infraction. I'm going to follow your posting habits and given enough time I'm sure I can report you to the point of a ban. We'll see how you like it.

  19. #59
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,996
    Raiding kinda starting dying for me after the god awfull Naxx 2.0. I still raided undtil mid Cata, and then i got seriously into PvP. Then MoP hit, and we have the worst PvP balance i have seen yet since i started playing a couple of months before TBC hit. Which led to me unsubbing. Oh and i hated the dailys... they should just make them repeatable quests/mob grinding, so i can do it at my own pace.

  20. #60
    The only metric of good/bad is if the game functions, is balanced, or is broken. The rest is just "I think this is fun" or "I don't think this is fun".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •