Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    People are funny. Many of you insist that this is the best expansion but you also insist that any decline in activity or subs is due to it being an 8 year old game. Well if that's the case then it's glory days are behind it and this can't be the best expansion.

I don't see how it CAN be the best expansion.
    maybe it's because it's 2 different people posting 2 different opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Ok, what is the problem with Mists out of interst. The theme is awesome, war coming to a peaceful land and having the Horde and Alloance fight over it..

Unless you are just looking at the pandas
    Maybe in the future I'll flesh out some philosophy on theme, but for now, one thing that makes me cringe is that this storyline could just as easily have been told without Pandaria and without Pandaren.

Oh, yea.
    I missed Brawler's guild.

Just got into it, currently Rank 6.
    Really fun, lots of challenge and people in a friendly, rez you and give you tips.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    maybe it's because it's 2 different people posting 2 different opinions?
    Actually in some cases it's exactly the same person. I won't call anybody out but yea they hold opinions that aren't contradictory in the extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    That's funny, I don't see how mope CAN be the best expansion. I don't even see how it can be considered good.
    Still hating on wow ? How is life day coming along, I hear you have to buy your way into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    And this is coming from someone who started playing in 2004.

In MoP you have endless stuff to do.
    quantity =/= quality
    For people who do not enjoy any or most of the things you listed, it is not the best expansion. Any other opinions you would like help seeing the other side of? Favorite color perhaps?

Numbers..Numbers..Numbers

Maybe play the game and find out from EXPERIENCE
    I did. Unsubed from it even faster than I did in cataclysm. Was bored in record time. Many others will be I feel and the more the better frankly. The developers will get their heads out of their asses and do something better. In the end people like you will probably support them anyway so it's win win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Maybe in the future I'll flesh out some philosophy on theme, but for now, one thing that makes me cringe is that this storyline could just as easily have been told without Pandaria and without Pandaren.
    It helps to have a peaceful place and war comes to it to further show the effects a war has on the land. However you can't pleas everyone

I don't pvp anymore, there are various degrees of broken, and it's always been so, so no matter how extremely broken it is atm, if you're surprised or upset I don't know where you've been the past six years.

Overall, though, I think it's a great expansion *launch* as the rest of the expansion could suck major donkey balls if they put as much effort into each raid as they did with DS, which I'm pretty sure was designed by the dev's children on bring your kids to work day. There are certainly more things to do but not everything appeals to everyone. I've actually been playing less so I don't get burned out, so I don't do much atm outside of raiding, the new dailies and capping valor. (used to be an altoholic, I currently really don't care about alts). I understand people not playing because it's the same old thing with a new skin, because it pretty much is (with a few new features), but as for the people that think it all-out sucks compared to other expansions, I really can't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Maybe because you have yet to play it *proven* and love to talk shit about it?
    I played it, way to make wild false assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did. Unsub from it even faster than I did in cataclysm. Was bored in record time. Many others will be I feel and the more the better frankly. The developers will get their heads out of their asses and do something better. In the end people like you will probably support them anyway so it's win win.
    Seriously ?

You unsubbed faster than Cata yet this expansion has more at launch ??

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    quantity =/= quality
    For people who do not enjoy any or most of the things you listed, it is not the best expansion. Any other opinions you would like help seeing the other side of? Favorite color perhaps?
    oddly enough I tweeted something very similar to ghost crawler and got a response that explains much of their philosophy for this expansion and why it simple cannot be the best.

Stephen Reis ‏@StephenReis123
    @Ghostcrawler Do you want people to be entertained or do you want people to grind? For many the two are mutually exclusive.
    Expand Reply Delete Favorite More
    8 Dec Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    .@StephenReis123 Big challenge to MMO dev: players say they want quality but may also unsubscribe if they don't have enough quantity

I did. Unsubed from it even faster than I did in cataclysm. Was bored in record time. Many others will be I feel and the more the better frankly. The developers will get their heads out of their asses and do something better. In the end people like you will probably support them anyway so it's win win.
    Do you wake up in the morning and say "Today is the day to be bitter of a game I no longer play and bitch on it's forums"? Just because the developers are no longer designing their game for your enjoyment doesn't mean they have their heads in their ass and are putting out terrible content.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Seriously ?

You unsubbed faster than Cata yet this expansion has more at launch ??
    Yea because none of it was rewarding enough for me to do. Being bored because you don't like what's being offered to you is WORSE than being bored because theirs to little of what you loved doing. At least in the latter I enjoyed myself. In the former I abandoned the game so fast because everything was so god damned slow and nothing rewarded me enough.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:03 AM ----------

Do you wake up in the morning and say "Today is the day to be bitter of a game I no longer play and bitch on it's forums"? Just because the developers are no longer designing their game for your enjoyment doesn't mean they have their heads in their ass and are putting out terrible content.
    Do you wake up in the morning and say "today is the day to be bitter about someone posting on a forum for an opinion that I can't do anything about anyway" The developers never designed the game for my enjoyment. They have simple turned in a direction I don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already argued with him in the "QQ wow is dead" thread as I'm calling it. He calls the players blind but doesn't look at himself.

If you don't play wow, why are you even here ?

It's like me going to the Tera forums, bashing it for the hell of it and getting people angry.

I already argued with him in the "QQ wow is dead" thread as I'm calling it. He calls the players blind but doesn't look at himself.
    I call you blind because that not what that other thread is about. Your just so god damned hyper sensitive that you can't accept any slight criticism and furthermore you need threads like this one to cheer lead to make you feel better. Look I can say lots of good things about mists. It's just not enjoyable for me.

Right... cause others cannot enjoy what you don't. Pathetic...

Do you wake up in the morning and say "today is the day to be bitter about someone posting on a forum for an opinion that I can't do anything about anyway" The developers never designed the game for my enjoyment. They have simple turned in a direction I don't like.
    If it's simply them turning into a direction to something you don't like then how is it them having their heads in their ass and doing a bad job?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Right... cause others cannot enjoy what you don't. Pathetic...
    I never said that. What I said was that if enough people are unhappy and leave we'll likely get some changes to the existing reward structure of the game. You can keep enjoying fucking daily quests I could give a rats ass if you do.

Deleted
    People always said there was so much to do in TBC. Want to know what I was able to do? Dalies on that Island, Kara, GL, some heroics, and afk in Shatt. Yeah, soooooo much better right guys?
    The content stayed relevant for so much longer. There was no easy mode in those days which led on to true progression.