Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    If it's simply them turning into a direction to something you don't like then how is it them having their heads in their ass and doing a bad job?
    Because their design philosophy is wrong IMHO. Based on false premises and misunderstood research and feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I never said that. What I said was that if enough people are unhappy and leave we'll likely get some changes to the existing reward structure of the game. You can keep enjoying fucking daily quests I could give a rats ass if you do.
    I actually like the 5.1 dailies, the story progression is excellent and you get a nice mount reward at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It would really further this discussion if you gave reasons and arguments instead of just naysay...but whatever...
    why bother? you just get shit on by cheerleaders who wouldn't accept your criticism or opinion anyway and commit themselves to refuting you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because their design philosophy is wrong IMHO. Based on false premises and misunderstood research and feedback.
    The player base is casual so Blizzard adapts, game direction = working as intended. Go play another MMO that first yours style.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I actually like the 5.1 dailies, the story progression is excellent and you get a nice mount reward at the end.
    That's awesome. I'm glad they cut back the amount. The story never really interested me but hey man more power to you. I'm glad those things are in WoW. I'm glad dailies are in wow to. I just don't like the progression in the game. Part of that includes dailies but part of that is how slow everything is now.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    The player base is casual so Blizzard adapts, game direction = working as intended. Go play another MMO that first yours style.
    Are you saying casual players will enjoy slower progression? I doubt it very much. Even casual players want to feel that the slim time they invest gets them some where. In this iteration of the game that simple isn't the case. It so slow. Everything is a wall in the hope of giving players something to do they've simple made the game to grindy.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I played it, way to make wild false assumptions.
    You've given hard evidence in the past that you ever played MoP *not mope* and you never would.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:11 AM ----------

You base this on what? Nothing but your feelings. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong. You need to learn the game doesn't revolve around you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    I am too a TBC player and I loved TBC. But tbh I have to agree, although the raids lack atmosphere to me MOP is a great exp. I don't dig the pandas but the content and the rest is great.
    So except for the raids, the pandas, and the PvP, it's a great expansion?

Honestly I think the game and the community is better off without you. You don't offer any feedback, just the unbeareable "I am not content, try harder to please me". Not cool at all. Have fun with the next hip thing that will please you for 3 days...
    I have given feedback. Lot's of it. Again this is cheerleading. Go ahead and read many of my posts. See what's the fucking point in giving any feedback though? I can give you laundry lists of posts of shit I've said that I like to see changed. I've twittered about it, posted here and on the forums, posted in game suggestions, in email, in my unsub reason. All over the fucking place. All constructive. What do you get for it? People telling you the game is better off without you because you have the merest hint of criticism. You people don't actually want feedback, you just want yes men to agree with everything and reinforce your beliefs. You want a bigger circle jerk over X Y or Z.

Deleted
    At least I guess by now MOST people can agree on one thing:

Cataclysm was the WORST expansion

Don't know why there were people defending it at the time..It seems their understanding of loyalty means they must blindly support each and every decision of Blizzard..Which is certainly not the case..
    And, interestingly, it is precisely because of people that healthily criticised Blizzard for its monstrosity that was called Cataclysm that we got an awesome next expansion (whether it is better or worse than TBC/Vanilla/LK, I leave to you).

Ah well...clearly you are just bored at home with no place to go on a saturday night. So you pick the forum of a game you abandoned to coax people. Well..have fun. I am outta here. Life is to short to stick around and deal with guys like you.
    And yet you replied to me. Man your not interested in making wow better or feedback or constructive dialogue or debate. Your just interested in burning down a strawman. It is the LEAST constructive thing you could say.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going places. Die Hard Fans VS Bitter butthurts. I predict-atleast 10 pages in no time.

Its always funny to see people who treat WoW like an ex-girl friend, that you cant let go. Stalk the forums and shit talk about it as much as possible, thats what these threads invoque. Nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post

You base this on what? Nothing but your feelings. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong. You need to learn the game doesn't revolve around you.
    Let me ask you this. What evidence you would accept that their design philosophy is ass backwards? What could I present to you that would change your mind? Or bring you around to any remote criticism or second guess anything they've done so far? My suspicion is their isn't much and this discussion is ultimately futile.

Deleted
    The game was a lot more fresh in people minds during TBC, it was also a massive change from vanilla and improved so many aspects of the game immensely. Suddenly Shaman, Druids and Paladins could actually use their offspecs which was one of the big highlights for me. I'd say MoP is a better expansion than TBC content-wise, but I still had the best times I've ever had in WoW in TBC so that is still the 'best' expansion for me.
    Last edited by mmocca70d558a3; 2012-12-15 at 05:07 PM.

Let me ask you this. What evidence you would accept that their design philosophy is ass backwards? What could I present to you that would change your mind? Or bring you around to any remote criticism or second guess anything they've done so far? My suspicion is their isn't much and this discussion is ultimately futile.
    Oh trust me, there have been things I criticized Blizzard over. Do I do it on the forums and complain? No, I email them feedback, mostly because I was banned from the main forums a while back. So please, don't go around thinking we all love every aspect of the game. It's not that. You just think the game is wrong because you no longer enjoy it, but others do so we must think like you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Raiding kinda starting dying for me after the god awfull Naxx 2.0. I still raided undtil mid Cata, and then i got seriously into PvP. Then MoP hit, and we have the worst PvP balance i have seen yet since i started playing a couple of months before TBC hit. Which led to me unsubbing. Oh and i hated the dailys... they should just make them repeatable quests/mob grinding, so i can do it at my own pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only metric of good/bad is if the game functions, is balanced, or is broken. The rest is just "I think this is fun" or "I don't think this is fun".

Personal Opinions following in Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    I know people say TBC was the best expansion EVER, but nostalgia aside...
    What could you do in TBC? Other else than Heroics/Raid/PvP?

And this is coming from someone who started playing in 2004.

In MoP you have endless stuff to do.
    On top of the Heroics/Raids/PvP, there is:

Treasure hunting, archeology titles -I never found fun, I think it is shittily implemented and even more boring than fishing, which is saying something.
    Pet battles (Which in itself is almost a game), - I have no interest in even attempting. My wind rider cub can follow me around and look cool, that's enough.
    Farmville - While having a personal farm is an interesting idea, after Minecraft I don't think I could stand any non-freeform personal farms. Granted I haven't tried it out, but it's not often a developer constructs something to my liking when it comes to planting.
    Achievement hunting (Achievements weren't out until late TBC) - Congratulations, useless achievements that are only good for shoving in other peoples noses. The only really good part to them is giving people a way to easily see how to get the titles and special mounts in game (which were already in game in BC.)
    Mount farming -This was able to be done in BC, unless you mean achievements, then look at previous comment.
    Scenarios - While this could have been done correctly, it is nowhere near what people were asking for. What they were asking for was constant, shifting, world events much like RIFT has. What they got were mini-dungeons with no effect on the world.
    World PvP is back - World PvP was around in BC, it just fell off later in the expansion (until the Isle dailies at least), much like I am certain that World PvP will die back later on in this expansion as well. Unless there is clear incentive to do it, it won't stick around.

And I'm probably missing some.

Even though I had fun farming UBRS daily for 3+ months to get my Tier 0.5 Valor chest, I can say that I would had had a blast if MoP content was in there.
    Basically you posted a bunch of half-ass positives and none of the negatives, such as psychological discouragement for the average gamer by putting in clearly visible caps to your gaming which feel bad not only when you don't reach them (because you feel there was more you could do and are falling behind), but when you do as well (because it means there is nothing else to do). It isn't MoP that is bad, it's WoW in general. They have made enough changes, that they can't really go back on without looking stupid, that have alienated quite a few players and made the game in general feel worse to play. The best thing they can do is take after RIOT and hire a few Psychologists and Sociologists to let them know whenever they are making a change that will be bad for the players mentality overall.

Wouldn't the burden of proving your own opinion be on you and not us? But I am curious about what philosophies are backwards in their design.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    It is really good.

Just bummed that pvp is a disaster.

Just bummed that pvp is a disaster.

pvp is a disaster.
    ^^^^^^ This.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is the best one because of the pandas