Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yukikochan View Post
    i liked TBC cause of the fact you still had todo instances on a per realm basis
    I loved getting home from work 2-3am and having to beg people for an hour+ to even start a 5-man 5 years ago.

I've been playing MMOs since 2000 and that realm only shit can stay in the past where in belongs. Just waiting for GW2 to get with the times and bring that system in as well but they'd have to fix those godawful dungeons first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Compared to mop and cata - got got a better story, but overall cata is better designed due to mop being so cramped. Now the server I'm on the balance is fucked, but I hardly see any horde players outside instances and the odd raid now. So its hardly an incentive to go out into the world. Daylies I'm sick to death of by now so not doing them on alts even of people paid me. Now there aren't less instances, but it takes longer to level and you are stuck with the same 4 till 90, so didn't feel the same when doing cata and again the areas are so much smaller.
    Now there are probably more but one last thing - vp - not being able to do 7 instances and be done with it. I know there are more ways to gain vp now, but its not "options" when you are forced to do something boring you thought done with just to get capped on vp each week. Ok, you don't need vp, since you don't "need" the epics to raid. But without raids, and you possibly don't pvp there isn't a whole lot else to do. So basicly that part is not well designed.

Could possibly formulate this better, but wrote it in a hurry
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Unfortunately MoP end-game is all about dailies.
    Completely false.

When it comes to raiding, dailies at most gate a few recipes and valor gear, and of course, elder charms. You can still obtain valor-level gear in LFR, and superior gear in normals and heroics, and the elder charms, while handy, are nothing more than a 3 roll bonus per week; handy, but far from necessary. You can raid up to heroic Sha of Fear without a single daily quest done. The only thing that can be really called mandatory is grinding for enchanting recipes because they're gated at revered Celestials and Shado-pan, and even those are assuming you don't want to buy the enchants for their absurd prices or have someone else do them for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    I know people say TBC was the best expansion EVER, but nostalgia aside...
    What could you do in TBC? Other else than Heroics/Raid/PvP?

And this is coming from someone who started playing in 2004.

In MoP you have endless stuff to do.
    On top of the Heroics/Raids/PvP, there is:

Treasure hunting, archeology titles
    Pet battles (Which in itself is almost a game),
    Farmville,
    Achievement hunting (Achievements weren't out until late TBC)
    Mount farming,
    Scenarios,
    World PvP is back

And I'm probably missing some.

Even though I had fun farming UBRS daily for 3+ months to get my Tier 0.5 Valor chest, I can say that I would had had a blast if MoP content was in there.

I started playing a few months before TBC came out and am still playing and enjoying the game to no end, but i have to agree i think the game was better in TBC not because there was more or less to do, but because things were a Challenge. if you ran Heroics you need to know your class and your CC macro's, you had to learn how to pull mobs and where LoS came into play or not, you had to figure out or know what stats were needed and how to balance them and IMO the talent tree's offered more fun and lent themselves to more styles of play for example solo or grps or raiding.

Now i take nothing away from the current xpac, i play several different classes and have leveled 4 classes to 90 and am enjoying it, but a part of me enjoyed TBC game model for rep grinds and play more than MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    double negative, my brain imploded
    It's a double negative, but it doesn't deviate from the author's intended statement. I'm perplexed on what the point of this statement is?

Deleted
    Why are people so caught up on the dailies?
    I stopped doing dailies 2 months ago and I have everything gear wise that I need from them. Rep was so easy to get and really only took a few weeks if you did them every day to get revered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.
    Just to respond to your signature, Tupac never became so widely unpopular that he had to start doing free tours and giving away his albums. SWTOR is more like Milli Vanilli.

PvP is a disaster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The lore in TBC was utter and complete shit. How can you honestly say it's lore was good and MoP's bad?
    Because lore in TBC was connected to the main plot of Warcraft universe, which is fight between races of Azeroth and Dreanor agianst the Burning Legion where as Burning Legion is the main reason why bad things happen in universe of Warcraft.

Same applies with WotLK where Arthas and Lich King is Burning Legion's rebeled servitor.
    Same applies to Cataclysm where Deathwing is the servitor of Old Gods. which count as race of Azeroth.

Pandaren on the other hand stand out as much as non plot fillers in Anime. They are literally out of place, hardly connected with the lore, had no impact on the main lore whatsoever and they originated as a joke from W3. Yes you hear me well... you can link me all roleplay books and easter egg map from W3TFT but that's something that little to almost no one have heard or cared untill MoP. Main lore of Warcraft Universe came from games and main games have failed to properly introduce Pandaren to WoW untill MoP.

The problem is that i enjoyed the Raids, Dungeons and PvP of TBC. There was enough for me to in Halaa, Ogri'la, Netherwing and Terrokar if i wanted vanity rewards.

The problem with Tillers, Scenarios, Brawlers and Pokewow is that EAT away from the core content of the game. They are killing the core of the game to please casuals. Dailies as a "cockblock" for the story are pathetic and boring substitute for real story in the game like the one we had in TBC aka attunaments (BT quest line was really good way to tell the story of Akama)

Deleted
    Can't say it's the best expansion so far, it has some things on the right track while taking steps backwards on other things. It completely monopolizes your gaming time if you want to progress at a normal rate and can feel as a second job. It would have been perfect for me at least if valor gear was not locked behind reputations and I could fly in pandaria with my alts while leveling. Not flying kills any desire in me to even touch my alts. The other thing that bugs me is the overall theme. Not the asian theme, but the pandaren story as a whole. In my opinion they feel out of place and it's like playing another game. Raids so far are not very interesting and terrace is a bit colorful for my tastes. Can anyone honestly say that Sha of Fear looks even remotely scary? It looks like a mall decoration.

Deleted
    Maybe someone said this, but one bad thing about MoP is how easy it is to find rare pets for hunters. The traces they leave behind is soo visible and they seem to spawn directly (almost) after the other is gone.. I got 7 rare pets on my hunter (all from MoP), and half of them i accidentally found while doing dailies or stuff like that.

It's a bit early to make any assessments on this expansion, seeing as it's not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    TBC was the best and will always be the best for nostalgic reasons that can't happen again.

What I dislike with new expansions (and also the new games from Blizz like D3 SC2) is that everything is perfected into something that feels like I can only play it in one way, otherwise I'm doing it wrong (because then I don't follow the perfect flow thought out by designers).

An example (that I always come back to) is paladin tanking in TBC. It was not intended that paladins would tank much different than warriors (or at all), but thanks to certain mechanics and high skill you could pull off some amazing stunts in some dungeons, like doing shattered halls in record time everyone AoEing like mad.

Boss mechanics were "buggy" enough that there was always some neat LoS or other trick that could be exploited by an experienced group to speed a dungeon up.

Just take the UBRS runs from vanilla... player skill really did matter there. If you didnt have at least a couple of skilled players you just never got through the dungeon. With skilled players it was quite fast. Stonecore was a bit like this but failed because the actual running distance was so far (compared to the loot - UBRS always had that UBR loot that never dropped for you). In general all cataclysm instances heroics at lauch were hard enough but maybe lacked in the buggy boss department. I had a field day in start of cataclysm, but thanks to dungeon finder it was quite ruined later on.
    I agree completely. Streamlining took a lot of the flavour in Wow away.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Shattrath is ugly as hell. People ridiculed it as Shitrath back in the time..and seriously? Running 5 mans on normal until REVERED!!!!! Before you could unlock heroics? That alone should in hindsight make it the WORST x-pac. (yet I enjoyed it at the time)
    I agree with Shatrath and did so throughout TBC but it was the best place to hang due to the portals everywhere.
    As for running 5mans on normal until revered, it seriously did not take long, most of the rep you needed for revered to get the heroic keys you got from questing and just leveling to 70. Also it ensured you knew the instances well enough to do them on heroic, many of them were after all a lot harder (at least during the first couple of months before the heavy nerfs) than any 5man since, today you can go in to a heroic not knowing anything about the instance since you never had to do it before.
    I was two weeks late to get TBC when it came out but when I finally did and got my first char to 70 I started running heroics within an hour.

There is a lot to do in MoP, but is it enjoyable? That's the question. I enjoyed my time in WoW more during Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    People are funny. Many of you insist that this is the best expansion but you also insist that any decline in activity or subs is due to it being an 8 year old game. Well if that's the case then it's glory days are behind it and this can't be the best expansion.

I don't see how it CAN be the best expansion.
    A lot of people here are talking about 'content' not sub numbers. To me, I can give a hells beating on sub numbers. I play right now for the content. Yes, I lost friends because of dailies and the grind and they to have said TBC was BETTER! I had to explain to them how more of a grind TBC was. So I think it's all that sense of being back in time and not moving forward and they're not liking doing the same thing every expansion. They also mentioned they didn't do everything in MoP.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Tillers, while it looked promising for some fun cooking stuff, turned out to just be another daylie-faction grind. The things you plant aint very interesting or usefull. The "ways" you can get cooking skills inn are also just a money/mats dump for no real reason, just so you can get feastes etc.
    11 90's at exalted with tillers, each one of them planting 16 enigma or songbell seeds. One of the easiest ways to make money once you get the initial grind out of the way - up to 50 golden lotuses every day as you log on (or 1-2 spirits per char if you want to make craftable gear) and it only takes 15 mins overall.

As a player who loves leveling and will do it regardless of the reward; I am so grateful for the tillers, the stuff you plant is FAR from useless.

it's not bad for pve and solo play - just sucks for pvp and overall balance :/

Deleted
    honestly if they can pull pvp together a little bit I think that this expansion has virtually no weak point whatsoever.