Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoTLK will always be my favorite, because it focused on the Scourge and the Lich King. Burning Crusade drove me away from the game since it was about space aliens (Draenei and Burning Legion, yes, they're all aliens, not demons), and Cataclysm just had a dull villain (Derpwing and the Twilight Cultists). MoP... I would play, but I can't justify paying a monthly fee for such an old game.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    They tried so hard to make this a good expansion, but totally missed the mark. My guess is that they just weren't able to recover from the cripplingly bad theme.
    They tried so hard to make this a good expansion, and they went above and beyond even that. My guess is that they succeeded in doing so by the amazing theme and the loads of content to do that actually has depth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    They tried so hard to make this a good expansion, and they went above and beyond even that. My guess is that they succeeded in doing so by the amazing theme and the loads of content to do that actually has depth to it.
    Lol. It's really funny how polarizing this expansion is. Seems to be more so than previous ones.

Deleted
    MoP is awesome.

- Great zones.
    - Quests are amazing, flow of quests is perfect.
    - No flying mounts until level 90 made leveling much better.
    - I love new talents system. No more mandatory choices, players get to choose talents that fit their play style.

But its not all perfect.

- Level 90 "heroics" are crap. Not because of scenery or lore, but because they are tiny and they are total faceroll. Get to 90, queue, join random heroic, rush to boss, faceroll it without having any clue of what's going on, get reward, queue for next heroic.
    - Same applies to all normal leveling instances.
    - Bots, bots everywhere.
    - Class balance might be good at level 90, but on lower levels it is worse than ever. Some classes are gods, other classes are useless regardless of player's skill.

Overall its a great expansion. I just don't like where game is heading. Everything is faster and faster, more focus on solo play or small groups instead of communities. Group content (except content that meant to be done only with guild) is dumbed down for lowest common denominator. Its like FPS developer instead of MMO dev is in charge.... oh wait a minute...

Deleted
    People is prbly gonna complain shout worst xpac ever when the last raid is out and going to say they miss cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well if you don't find the new content enjoyable it doesn't matter how much development time went into it. Personally for me MoP is so far not my favorite expansion because I preferred other aspects of previous expansions more than this expansion's content...so far. It's still very, very early into the expansion so I'm openminded to see where things are going to go.
    And again, my point was that regardless of whether or not you like it, it IS still content.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And again, my point was that regardless of whether or not you like it, it IS still content.
    Well the OP was basing his/her assertion of MoP being the "best" expansion based on content, which is highly subjective. It's not the amount of content that should matter, but the quality of that content (also fairly subjective) and whether or not players utilize that content. Like I said, MoP is not my favorite xpac so far due to the nature of the content I do enjoy in older expansions versus this one, I do not base whether I like an expansion on elements of an xpac I do not like or utilize.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    That's funny, I don't see how mope CAN be the best expansion. I don't even see how it can be considered good.
    That's funny. I don't see how SWTOR can be considered an MMO when there's almost no-one bothered to still be playing it.

AmIdoingitright?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I like the tokens but their just frustrating to. Constantly loosing rolls got on my fucking nerves. They just add another level of frustration to an experience that is already frustrating enough.

Valor point gain is slow. The valor cap is to little and the items and upgrades themselves cost to much. It just feels like nothing you do really rewards you any more and even the sure fire ways you could get rewards are so fucking gimped. I also don't think it's what players meant when they said they were bored and wanted something to do. wanting something to do doesn't mean that the game has to be less rewarding, it just means Blizzard needs to shape up and release end game tiers at a faster rate.
    Hang on...

So... basically the fact that you can get a guaranteed epic every 2 weeks (excluding a couple of slots) with a shot at LFR+Normal gear on top is "too slow"? Don't you think having folks in gear instantly is going to make life rather dull considering wow is a bit of a gear treadmill?

Folks harp back to vanilla and TBC. In both instances gear was something you got for raiding or similar. I don't think gearing speed is any sort of issue. In a fairly mundane raid guild I'm 488 ilvl. I haven't bothered hitting exalted with any more than I think 2 factions so far, I rarely bother doing enough dailies to hit valor cap every week and I haven't yet got around to doing much pvp. I'm not sure how much faster you expect things to be.

If you aren't able to put time to raiding or don't have the desire to raid/people skills to work with others in a guild/a PC capable of raiding/etc you get your piece every other week from valor - how much more hand-holdy do you want it? I'm not even in same universe as a raider with a chip on their shoulder about how I'm entitled to everything and screw others but having gear thrown at you has never resulted in a nice experience in wow. People get lazy and whiney - give em something to work towards and more people are happy.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-12-16 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    New as in Arenas.
    I got exalted with AV in Vanilla and also obtained Blood Guard PvP title.
    3-4 shotting in TBC existed, just go watch videos on youtube.
    Again post armoury link.

The only time people were dropping like that in TBC was when they were in next to no gear and being hit by an Enhancement Shaman with insanely lucky WF procs.

I've been playing WoW since vanilla and I'm not afraid to admit that this is easily the best expansion that blizz has ever cranked out. As fore-mentioned, there are endless things to do now when you're bored, there are well designed raids, scenarios, and 5 mans that can you can enter in minutes with the click of a button. It's very clear that Blizz is learning from each expansion they release.

That being said when I look back at BC, I get a kick of nostalgia because the game had something that it definitely doesn't have today. It's missing atmosphere, and it lost it's community, which is really what defines an MMO. The game just feels too mechanical nowadays, you log on and fly to the same places to do the same quests every day then hit a button to enter every raid and blow through it. When you wanted to do a raid in vanilla or BC you got players that were ready to take on some content and dedicate some time to work for their loot and you made friends. Today you enter a queue with 24 other unhappy, impatient players that feel more obligated than excited to kill some bosses that have been designed to fall over. It's just a strange direction for this game to have taken and it's had a gargantuan impact on the community.

Pandaria has a nice atmosphere, with the amount of factions, rare spawns, raids, easy accessibility to anywhere, world bosses, and CRZ - an amazing feature bringing life to every zone. The thing is. This SHOULD be the golden age of WoW, but it's not. The players are what make the game enjoyable, and I'm not playing with happy players. I'm playing with entitled players that groan at challenging content.

Am I the only one seeing it this way? I realize that my opinions aren't necessarily those held by the rest of the community but I actually feel very strongly about this.
    Last edited by Beastlyhunk; 2012-12-16 at 03:18 AM.

BC was ok I guess, and I'm saying that as one of the few people that cleared 100% of the raid content. Wrath and MoP are tied for the spot of best expansion for me.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Just because there's a lot of content in MoP doesn't make it a good thing.

A lot of it is terrible, boring, grindy content that isn't creative or fun whatsoever. This opinion is shared by many, many people.

I'd put it right above Cataclysm as the 2nd worst expansion, right where it should be.

Deleted
    TBC was better for me, but PvE wise MoP comes close.

Questing and such was 100x more fun for me in TBC though...not to forget you actually had to group up and get social if you wanted to get shit done.

I don't care for all those other minigames your naming, I can play others games that provide better entertainment for those. I play WoW for it's PvE (dungeon/raid) content and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all opinion.

Right now I think MoP is absolutely fantastic (aside from PvP), but some people (especially PvPers) will disagree.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I did something in MoP that I didnt do in Cata, and that was close my account. And I disliked much of Cata too. Ive taken extended breaks, but I dont feel at all like coming back.

Too much is gated through dailies and rep.
    PvP is a mess.
    Dungeons and raids are boring as hell.
    Even the time wasters like pet battles are boring.
    The Kung Fu China stuff is getting repetitive.
    Hating how the Alliance/Horde story is going, and I know how it will end anyway.

I know they offer a lot of little things and quality of life changes, its just all boring now. Like adding chocolate sprinkles on a chocolate cake, when Im done tired of chocolate cake.

For me it's two major things holding it back.

One, I'm one of the seemingly few that cares about the story and the lore when I play, and the MoP story just doesn't catch my interest like some of the previous expansions did. It doesn't even compare to the dark vibe of BC or WotLK. VotFW was so bad that it made me break my vow to do every quest in every new zone. I just couldn't take it. None of the others were anywhere near as bad, but still, the best zones in Pandaria were less interesting than the worst zones in Northrend, to me, and at best on par with the worst zones in Outland. Most of the old world, before and after Cataclysm, was more interesting to me too. The Horde vs Alliance conflict, which I absolutely love, played far too little of a role in the leveling process, so the only cool thing about it was the Sha. I haven't done the new dailies focusing on the faction conflict, but dailies aren't my thing anyway. I'm disappointed it's coming out in that form instead of the leveling process. So yeah, in a nutshell, the theme and whatnot of this expansion just isn't my taste, especially since the Horde vs Alliance aspect is through dailies and probably raiding.

And two, after leveling is over, all I care about is PvP. I don't raid, or do any form of group PvE content. I'm vaguely interested in them, for story purposes, but I don't want to deal with whiny people who treat it like a job, and I don't want to have to grind them over and over to be geared enough to do the next tier. So without any of that, all I have after leveling is PvP, and PvP is an absolute disaster right now. MMO is a pretty poor genre for PvP in general, so I've never had high hopes for it from a competitive standpoint, and every single expansion has gone downhill in terms of balance, IMO, but this was the final breaking point for me. Having world PvP back via CRZ is nice, but it still doesn't quite compare to the old server rivalries that could be built through places like Hillsbrad or the IoQ.

MoP may or may not be the best in terms of having the most to do, but most of it just isn't for me. I play video games for two reasons, competitive MP, and good story, and while MMO has never been a good genre for competitive MP, it was always at least fun enough to amuse me despite the flaws. But that's far too broken now, and with the story being the worst yet for my tastes, I can't help but think this was the worst expansion.

I've played wotlk , cata and mop and I can say mop is by far is the best WOW experience ever. OFC pvp is crap and dailies a bit of a negative effect on it but the main thing is when you log into the game even for 15 mins , you got something to do that rewards that 15 mins. This is the most important thing in MMOs , specially if you have a job/family/real life duties

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    One, I'm one of the seemingly few that cares about the story and the lore when I play, and the MoP story just doesn't catch my interest like some of the previous expansions did. It doesn't even compare to the dark vibe of BC or WotLK. VotFW was so bad that it made me break my vow to do every quest in every new zone. I just couldn't take it. None of the others were anywhere near as bad, but still, the best zones in Pandaria were less interesting than the worst zones in Northrend, to me, and at best on par with the worst zones in Outland.
    Very good point.

If you're only interested in PVP than you might try Forge which was just released on Steam.
    It's inspired from MMO PVP but without the leveling and seems well balanced.
    http://www.playforgewar.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    I know people say TBC was the best expansion EVER, but nostalgia aside...
    What could you do in TBC? Other else than Heroics/Raid/PvP?

And this is coming from someone who started playing in 2004.

In MoP you have endless stuff to do.
    On top of the Heroics/Raids/PvP, there is:

Treasure hunting, archeology titles
    Pet battles (Which in itself is almost a game),
    Farmville,
    Achievement hunting (Achievements weren't out until late TBC)
    Mount farming,
    Scenarios,
    World PvP is back

And I'm probably missing some.

Even though I had fun farming UBRS daily for 3+ months to get my Tier 0.5 Valor chest, I can say that I would had had a blast if MoP content was in there.
    The community back in TBC will, in my eyes, far outweigh everything you listed. Is there community now? Yeah, a little. Back then? Community was everything. Raiding and getting to do 'everything' wasn't. I know back then, and well hell now, I could care less about seeing all content. Takes out all and any mystery in the game.

Guess my point is back in TBC World of Warcraft actually felt like a real 'world' and thus, for me personally, created a way better escape from reality.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I agree it is best, although I was a new player in TBC and barely raided so I can't fairly judge it vs MoP. It is still early though, we're gonna have to see how MoP plays out. All expansions have had their strong and weak points, and MoP is no different. I wish Heroics were more like Cata ones were upon release...that's my biggest criticism thus far. I think I've seen maybe 3 or 4 wipes in all my heroics in MoP...all on the shield boss in I think the Siege heroic. Way, way too mindlessly faceroll.
    "Brevity is...wit"