Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    MoP may or may not be the best in terms of having the most to do, but most of it just isn't for me. I play video games for two reasons, competitive MP, and good story, and while MMO has never been a good genre for competitive MP, it was always at least fun enough to amuse me despite the flaws. But that's far too broken now, and with the story being the worst yet for my tastes, I can't help but think this was the worst expansion.
    I am on a dedicated raid team but I feel the same way as you do. I was actually expecting more people to bring up lore issues in this thread than they did.

In regards to pvp...this may sound cynical but I'm starting to wonder if Blizzard deliberately leaves things unbalanced in pvp so that players end up rerolling (and keeping their subs active) so that they may be competitive in bgs and arena, I've never read/heard so many complaints regarding pvp balance before and I've been playing this game for a long while now.

For whats been added, there is a lot going for it compared to the later half of Cata for sure which was anemic in content. Personally the feel and where Blizzard is focusing development and how they are trying to extend the grinds beyond already adding far more content which would be good enough by itself to be on par and even beyond WotLK. For reasons like that and others like dumbing down a lot of the accessible content it is leaving me feeling more like I am on a treadmill as a lot of the accessible content is lack lust in enjoyment for myself. The more interesting things are things that I enjoy involve effort feel far more inaccessible than they was before and leaving me with doing things I feel lack luster and contribute to burn out and when a shot at doing the more interesting things come up, I am too burned out to care.

So personally for me, I feel like I am stuck in an icky middle that I wasnt before and that the game is just not being made with players like myself in mind. I am an experienced player who enjoys team work and had been enjoying PuG raiding from WotLK and into Cata until the release of DS and LFR and to this day the PuG raiding community has not recovered on my realm. I didnt always have time to cap my VP in Cata and yet I was able to do some raids and keep my gear up to date with most PuG raiders or find a group that wasnt as geared. Now most of the groups are filled with players who have gear from dailies, LFR, and normal, while I am running around with blues and LFR gear. Gear rarely held me back from getting groups in WotLK and Cata and yet now it is which really sucks as that is the content that is at my level and I enjoy doing. I used to lead PuGs back in WotLK and Cata, though after not being able to get PuGs running for a month after LFR came out, I just lost my will to get PuGs running.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2012-12-16 at 08:45 PM.

As someone who started and has played actively since TBC, I've been very impressed with this expantion. Although I mainly play to raid, the lore of WoW is by far one of my favorite things. In TBC I really got into it, and really liked the BE lore and Illidans lore/background, and when wrath came out I felt like some of the lore wost focus till ICC which really brought it back heavy, then Cata came out, and I was just really disapointed that aside from some minor points it just never really felt engaging. But now with MoP, I can't say its my favorite yet, but I will say it's in contention. So far the questing, which I normaly hate, the instances, raids and such are at a higher caliber of what we should expect from Blizzard, as it seems that they knew they needed the same effort that went into their first expantion in this one with how subscribers where clearly communicating to them. And now, having finished the dominance offensive quest chain all I can say is if the story arc is finished as epic as they are building it up, I just cant wait for whats to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well the OP was basing his/her assertion of MoP being the "best" expansion based on content, which is highly subjective. It's not the amount of content that should matter, but the quality of that content (also fairly subjective) and whether or not players utilize that content. Like I said, MoP is not my favorite xpac so far due to the nature of the content I do enjoy in older expansions versus this one, I do not base whether I like an expansion on elements of an xpac I do not like or utilize.
    And for a third time: Whether or not you like the content, it's still content. If you read the post I was responding to and then my response you'd see I was referring to their claim that several sources of content were not content just because they didn't consider it to be, which is absurd.

I was not commenting on their subjective feelings towards the content in that little snippet, merely that hating something doesn't somehow magically make it immaterial. It's like saying black licorice isn't candy because you hate the taste. It blatantly is still candy, and candy that many, many people enjoy. It just doesn't appeal to you personally, but remains an option nonetheless.

MoP = Cata in terms of bullshit the devs gave the players. There are a few QoL changes which are nice but for the most part it's a boring grindfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    I know people say TBC was the best expansion EVER, but nostalgia aside...
    What could you do in TBC? Other else than Heroics/Raid/PvP?
    Heroics/raids/pvp Oh Noes! That's only exactly what Blizz advertised TBC as... I personally played WoW so I could do quests, dungeons, and raid. That's what the game did quite well (minus the questing) especially in TBC.

In MoP you have endless stuff to do.
    On top of the Heroics/Raids/PvP, there is:

Treasure hunting, archeology titles
    Pet battles (Which in itself is almost a game),
    Farmville,
    Achievement hunting (Achievements weren't out until late TBC)
    Mount farming,
    Scenarios,
    World PvP is back
    Ya but a lot of this stuff is superfluous. If I want to do pet battles, I'll play Pokemon because it's better. If I want to do PvP, I'll play LoL because it's better. And if I want to do achievements, archaeology, or dailies... I'll probably shoot myself because I dont want to do that crap.

I would rather have more of their bread and butter ie dungeons and raids (more so dungeons since the normals/heroics were face rolls in MoP). The extra stuff is nice but it's just a way to keep people subbed when they're bored with the actual game. MoP is OK, not the best though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

MoP IS the best xpac...which doesn't say much for all of the other xpacs tbh

i rly only got 2 gripes atm in mop.
    1st gotta be topping dungeons as a tank because gears become so extremely important even with starter lvl 90 gear (starter gear is 450-463 imo).
    2nd, that heroic dungeons has become a faceroll where mobs last forever because of 1.
    Aside from that i really like mop, watched the wotlk trailer and realised how much i miss it because wotlk was epic imo, the story, the atmosphere, everything just fit so nicely. Also the fact that we knew our goal from the get go, atm it feels so odd that we are supposed to chop off garrosh head in the last raid (exageration for thoose thinking im saying th ats whats gnna happen)

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I had fun farming UBRS daily for 3+ months to get my Tier 0.5 Valor chest, I can say that I would had had a blast if MoP content was in there.
    You like farming for entry level raid gear, but not mounts. You would have liked vanilla more if there was some mop in it.

It is definitely the best expansion since TBC. Wrath was absolutely horrid, its only redeeming quality being Ulduar (which actually was fantastic!). Cata drove me to quit.

I had absolutely no intentions of coming back to wow for "stupid pandas" (And the whole theme still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.) but it is definitely the best the game has been since BC. A friend told me there was going to be Illidan content, and that under all the fat stupid panda shit, a lot of burning crusade's return was brewing. That convinced me to try it out, and so far my account remains active.

I still do not enjoy the asian theme. I really don't. The art team has improved, and in general the world feels more alive, but it's all so cliche and boring. Still, in spite of the boring story and boring music, the mechanics have become more fun, and the boss fights more fun. On the whole it's fun.

Should have been an emerald dream expansion, and then it truly would have been the best expansion.

tl;dr: Gameplay-wise best expansion, but setting is absolute garbage.

Deleted
    You also have all the Cooking stuff to do, which imo is really fun.

if it wasn't for the new talent system, ridiculous amounts of dailies, AND the 37686168 hp that everyone now has, i would agree. it is definitely better than wotlk and cata, but BC is still the golden era in my opinion. a lot of the decisions that have been made since then have hurt the integrity of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything its a billion times better than Cata.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    As a great fan of TBC, I have to say that MoP may be the best x-pac yet. And I say this even though I not playing much this expansion - but that is due to out-of-game reasons.

If I would rate the expansions I've experienced in full (joined too late for Vanilla), I would say:

MoP
    TBC
    Nothing
    Nothing
    Nothing
    Wrath
    Nothing
    Nothing
    Cata

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
    It is definitely the best expansion since TBC. Wrath was absolutely horrid, its only redeeming quality being Ulduar (which actually was fantastic!). Cata drove me to quit.
    This, although I think the levelling zones of Wrath are the best ever (even though a bit excessive use of retarded vehicle mechanic nearly spoiled it, but you can skip those quests - as opposed to Cata and even MoP where the idiotic gimmicky stuff is required).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    To all the people that are claiming MoP features are boring. What did you do in TBC/Wrath where there weren't any of those? I'll tell you, nothing.
    TBC/wrath had pvp/hc/raiding. MoP has all the above plus the "useless boring" stuff.
    You may make an argument about how MoP is equal to TBC/wrath because there are still only 3 things you can do, but implying that there was more stuff to do in tbc is simply a bullshit.

TBC raids and 5man hc were harder just saying.

PVP was more fun.

Remember AV? It was not the glory of Vanilla but still was fun, I havent done AV in the last 2years :X

10+ Year Old Account
    bells and whistles dont make an expansion great imho, and most of what you've listed falls under that category for me
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    TBC raids and 5man hc wer harder just saying.
    What made TBC raids harder? Bugs. That's pretty much it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing