Thread: Men with rings.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do your thing and don't worry about it. There are too many damned drones already.

I personally don't wear one (the only ring I own is way too small for me), I seem to remember my Dad wearing a signet ring though, nothing too flashy but well that was 20 years ago! Reason I don't wear them is because I tend not to wear jewellery with the exception of a watch as I don't feel comfortable wearing it, the ring I have was a gift for being best man at a wedding as a youngster and if anything the next one I'll wear will be a wedding band, but most likely on rare occasions!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Men wearing jewelry just seems tacky and gauche to me. It offends my northern-protestant sensibility about displays of wealth.

Class rings are the worst in my mind. There's just a voice saying to me "I got duped into buying some over priced jewelry made in some 3rd world sweatshop". I'm just waiting for that guy to tell me about what a big deal he was... back in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyr View Post
    So I am just wondering what the outside world thinks of it.

What do you think about Men wearing Rings? Its very unusual these days..

And by rings i mean '' Real Men looking rings''... Big black some silver on it with a precious stone or a symbol.

Heres an example.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pure-...536840341.html
    Another example
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Whole...527442504.html

I have wore one and have for the last 5 years..Its a family heirloom and I wear it as a token and it will be passed on to my children.

But man do i get many questions about it and so many people tend to stare at my hand becouse here its very unusual for a normal man to wear a ring other than wedding ring.. But well its a token and its a family heirloom and i wear it with pride and its become a part of me..

So what do you think about it? Does a thought instantly strike you when you see a male wearing a ring? Or do you see it just as a normal accessorie
    Who cares what other people think... Real men do what they want. Real men don't worry about what others think of what we do.

Not even trolling.

i have my high school, class ring. I dont wear it, as it's bulky and for activity reasons is impractical. I do however wear two spinning rings with the Greek key as the part that spins, on my right hand. theyre great anti-ADD devices :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Don't wear a ring because it's uncomfortable and impractical and don't serve any real practical purpose. (Real men are practical above all!!! :P)

Don't wear a ring because it is of poor taste. Most of us don't have different sets of rings for all occasions matching whatever clothes you may be wearing. Impressions matter, and to be practical, try and avoid leaving a poor one.

Don't wear huge overpriced expensive crap. It is an exhibition of poor taste and a pointless display of whealth.

Men should only wear practical jewelry. Such as wrist watches and wedding rings, nothing else.

In casual settings if you wish to accesorize feel free to do whatever you want. But generally listen to a woman's or a gay friends advice when you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I didn't dislike the feeling of the ring in contact with my other fingers I probably would wear at least one. Any jewelry that restricts my movement in any way bothers me. I don't find it odd in the least though for people to wear them though, actually seems normal to me because there usually is a story or memory associated with each one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    On 2nd thought... pinky rings are the worst. Cannot stop eyes from rolling....

And by rings i mean '' Real Men looking rings''... Big black some silver on it with a precious stone or a symbol.

Heres an example.
    Another example

I have wore one and have for the last 5 years..Its a family heirloom and I wear it as a token and it will be passed on to my children.

But man do i get many questions about it and so many people tend to stare at my hand becouse here its very unusual for a normal man to wear a ring other than wedding ring.. But well its a token and its a family heirloom and i wear it with pride and its become a part of me..

So what do you think about it? Does a thought instantly strike you when you see a male wearing a ring? Or do you see it just as a normal accessorie
    Have you been living under a rock? it is in now way unusual these days.

Infact it is far more common, the whole Emo/scene/New-punk groups all wear rings and jewelry. Hell even I wear a ring and I am not part of either of those groups.

Noone has ever even brought it up that i wear one, it is just a normal thing to most, I also wear a neck chain and sometimes a Silver wrist-chain that my partner bought for me. most people actually comment on them looking good, not on the fact you wear it.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    On 2nd thought... pinky rings are the worst. Cannot stop eyes from rolling....

i dont know, those rings that encompass 4 fingers are pretty lame too

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    There is of course the other kind of rings, which I confess I'd find intresting.. if the pain was avoidable.
    Ladder neither hurts much nor bleeds, and it's pretty non-invasive.
    OT, there's nothing wrong with rings, people were decorating themselves from dawn of time with various stuff, as long as you like them don't be bothered by what anyone else thinks.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    while i never like rings, i used to wear a necklace for a long time, i still like things on my wrists though, watch or a bracelet, more the latter

You can get away with many things but absolutely make sure it goes with your entire look. Have to be able to pull it off as well, not everyone can. Some guys will just look very out of place with them on while on others it completely fits and looks good.

The rings you posted looks like something a high schooler might wear that is in a dark phase of their life. You'd have to have a really edgy look to pull that off correctly. It simply won't work in many people's eyes.

An example: If I saw a typical guy that has a "rocker" look and was able to pull off that look then those rings wouldn't be too out of place.

They just don't match with many things to the point where people won't generally give you awkward looks.
    Last edited by Wyrllish; 2012-12-15 at 03:20 AM.

Heres an example.
    Another example

I wear a ring. Its 18k gold with a diamond. It's a pinky ring or at least that's where I wear it.
    The rings you linked are tacky and I don't know wtf you mean by '' Real Men looking rings''... Big black some silver on it with a precious stone or a symbol.
    A silver ring with a semi precious stone is a family heirloom? You gonna leave the double wide also?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I wear a ring. Its 18k gold with a diamond. It's a pinky ring or at least that's where I wear it.
    The rings you linked are tacky and I don't know wtf you mean by '' Real Men looking rings''... Big black some silver on it with a precious stone or a symbol.
    A silver ring with a semi precious stone is a family heirloom? You gonna leave the double wide also?
    Meow, kitty got claws.

It more than likely has sentimental value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    (Real men are practical above all!!! :P)

But generally listen to a woman's or a gay friends advice when you do.
    Cuz real men ask gay's and women what to wear and how to accessorize.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Cuz real men ask gay's and women what to wear and how to accessorize.
    If you do accessorize why do you do so? It is a fashion statement that is supposed to say something about you. And to be honest both women and gay man know better most of the time what is tastefull and fitting for you then you do. Thus if you ask for advice to achieve your goal. You are being practical.

15+ Year Old Account
    For men, rings are usually a show of status or achievement.

All my professors have rings on, most still wear their class rings from when they got their Ph.D's.

I rarely come across men without rings on, unless they're under the age of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    For men, rings are usually a show of status or achievement.

All my professors have rings on, most still wear their class rings from when they got their Ph.D's.

I rarely come across men without rings on, unless they're under the age of 30.
    Must be an American thing or something.

They are very very very uncommon in Europe. Atleast in the places where I have lived so far. Which is about 6 different countries.

I'm a bit of a fan of titanium rings and such. Especially black titanium.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.