Thread: Men with rings.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Yes, you get rid of it when it gets popular.

    I used to wear polo shirts. Got rid of them all when they got popular.

    Right now the following is off the cool list:

    1. hoodies
    2. skinny jeans
    3. polo shirt
    4. piercings
    5. tattoos
    6. for women, those knee high boots.
    7. for men, square-toed dress shoes and whitewall sneakers.

    Do NOT wear these under any circumstances. All of these things are way too trendy and popular and identify yourself as a mindless sheep.
    5 tattoos.
    I disagree.
    One thing is getting tribals and their last name written on their arms.
    Getting a tattoo that tells something about YOUR personality thats something else

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Talk about tacky there. What is a wedding ring if not tacky? Well, actually, it's a lot of things.
    Unless you are trying to make some sort of point about mariage as an institution I fail to see how a simple, low-key wedding band is tacky.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

  3. #103
    Dreadlord Wookeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    In The Netherlands (i believe the US as well) you sometimes get rings by being in the military after completing training, getting a new rank or after a certain amount of years in service. I have three of those rings but i never wear them. They're quite big and i hate having to take them off every time i ride my motorcycle (gloves).

  4. #104
    It really depends how it looks, for every male with a bad and gay looking ring there is a male with a good looking "normal" ring. Know what style your going for and making the totall picture work...if I judge on looks, it won't be on something as trivial as a ring but rather the entire person.

    I try to not judge on looks, but some people make it very hard.

  5. #105
    I don't personally wear jewelry (besides a single, unobtrusive necklace at all times). Excessive jewelry is a bit ridiculous, but besides that I don't mind jewelry in the least. When I get married, I'll probably wear the marriage band and nothing else on my hands. Rings, unless they fit perfectly, (which is rare), bother me and I constantly fidget with them, wearing down the skin underneath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

  6. #106
    Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Y'ha-nthlei
    Posts
    1,946
    Actually this reminded me to look up a ring or two I'd been wanting before.

    Come to find out they're on closeout sale with only 1 or 2 left, but none in my size.

    Lame.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

  7. #107
    I think University rings are pretty common right? I remember some people having high school rings as well. Anyways, I think they look fine as long as they are the appropriate style.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  8. #108
    Brewmaster Neglesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,409
    Meh, I think wearing jewellery as a guy is perfectly fine. I don't wear any on my hands, though.

    The only ring I wear is the one on my lip!

  9. #109
    i think its ok i where a ring that i got on my 18th birthday never take it off coz it feels like im missing somthing when i dont have it on

  10. #110
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,880
    Who cares? I have a 700 year old family signet ring that I wear on my pinky everyday. If you have insecurities about yourself based off of your clothing, then you really need to do some soul searching and find some extra confidence. Also the true test of masculinity is wearing/doing something you like with supreme confidence and not giving a fuck what other people think.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2012-12-16 at 08:31 AM.

  11. #111
    Mechagnome GotMoxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Carolina.
    Posts
    674
    I don't see a problem with it and don't see why anyone would have a fundamental problem with it. One of my oldest friends wears a number of silver rings, one per finger, and I find it quite attractive.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

  12. #112
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I think its cool because you don't see it much. In fact, one of my ideas for the collector's edition of Diablo 3 was some kind of demonic or angelic ring, some sealing wax, and parchment. You could write letters, fold it, use the wax to seal it, and then press your ring into the wax to leave your mark.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:15 AM ----------



    You kinda miss the point. Normal is boring. My closet has zero:

    Hoodies
    Skinny jeans
    Polo shirts

    These things are too popular, and therefore uncool.

    I hate following the crowd. A ring on a guy would be different, and THAT makes it cool. If guys all started wearing rings, it would begin to suck as a fashion statement.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:17 AM ----------

    Oh and piercings and tattoos and EXTREMELY uncool, because they are WAY too popular and you see it everywhere at this point.

    Develop your OWN style. That is cool.
    Not all of us can be a unique and totally original hipster like yourself, my friend.

  13. #113
    Dreadlord taximals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    874
    Even wedding rings on males weird me out.
    I'm female and hate wearing rings so it's probably kinda biased.

    ~ Armoury ~

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I think University rings are pretty common right? I remember some people having high school rings as well. Anyways, I think they look fine as long as they are the appropriate style.
    I started wearing my University ring again recently, but I rarely see anyone else wearing one. Alums from my school tend to be pretty friendly, so it's nice when I bump into one who recognizes the ring and says hello.

  15. #115
    Mechagnome GotMoxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Carolina.
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Even wedding rings on males weird me out.
    I'm female and hate wearing rings so it's probably kinda biased.
    I agree; wearing rings really wigs me out because I hate for my fingers to be restricted or it to feel as though there's something foreign on them. It's also why I was given an engagement pendant instead of a ring, and probably why I'm so fascinated with I see my friends wearing lots of rings. I always ask, "Doesn't that feel weird?"
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

  16. #116
    well, i myself only wearn a thick silver chain around my neck, and a silver watch, and would only wear a ring if it was an engagement ring probably...

    but a ring is one thing, but i just don't understand the people who got other kind of jewelry than that. piecings (lip, eyebrow, tongue, nipple, or any others) or earrings is just disgusting in my mind for some reason when worn by a guy.. hell, lip or eyebrow piecings are even disgusting on girls as well...


    duno, everyone got their own taste i guess...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 09:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyr View Post
    5 tattoos.
    I disagree.
    One thing is getting tribals and their last name written on their arms.
    Getting a tattoo that tells something about YOUR personality thats something else
    so, i got a tribal covering my left arm, chest and shoulder, what is wrong with that? i would never get someones name as a tattoo, but there is nothing wrong with a tribal really. as long as you are not getting it in your face ofcourse.

  17. #117
    There is nothing wrong with guys wearing rings. I've worn at least one ring, sometimes two, for years. It all depends on my predisposition.

    Guys wearing rings on every finger, most composed of turquoise, well that's a different matter entirely. That just screams trailer trash pawn broker.

    But wearing a couple of rings that are tasteful... what is there to be worried about?

  18. #118
    The Lightbringer Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I think its cool because you don't see it much. In fact, one of my ideas for the collector's edition of Diablo 3 was some kind of demonic or angelic ring, some sealing wax, and parchment. You could write letters, fold it, use the wax to seal it, and then press your ring into the wax to leave your mark.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:15 AM ----------



    You kinda miss the point. Normal is boring. My closet has zero:

    Hoodies
    Skinny jeans
    Polo shirts

    These things are too popular, and therefore uncool.

    I hate following the crowd. A ring on a guy would be different, and THAT makes it cool. If guys all started wearing rings, it would begin to suck as a fashion statement.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:17 AM ----------

    Oh and piercings and tattoos and EXTREMELY uncool, because they are WAY too popular and you see it everywhere at this point.

    Develop your OWN style. That is cool.
    Are you kidding? How's that hipstering working out for you, hear it's not a fad at all.
    WBMA - Leave our beards alone

    Battletag - Whitey#2918 - feel free to add me, I'm a social animal


  19. #119
    No problem with guy rings personally. Ngl though I recently noticed that I assume a guy with ring/s is married whether or not he actually is. I'm not sure if that's a common assumption for women to make. But if you want to pick up I'd suggest going ringless to make it clear you're not taken.

  20. #120
    Depends what other "image" accessories you are toting.

    Personally I find the combination of rings/tribal tatoos/goatee combined pretty lame. Usually some guy trying to flag that he's a tough guy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •