Thread: Men with rings.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Men wearing rings is so popular right now that they have made an entire series of movies about it, with a new one just out.

Deleted
    I don't see a problem with it. I'm personally not a fan of any other jewelry than a watch + wedding ring.

But its a personal choice like cotton or wool.

I'm cool with it, just an accessory to me, though it can depend on the ring a bit if I find it ridiculous looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    gaaaaaaaaaaay
    So mature.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Yes, you get rid of it when it gets popular.

I used to wear polo shirts. Got rid of them all when they got popular.

Right now the following is off the cool list:

1. hoodies
    2. skinny jeans
    3. polo shirt
    4. piercings
    5. tattoos
    6. for women, those knee high boots.
    7. for men, square-toed dress shoes and whitewall sneakers.

Do NOT wear these under any circumstances. All of these things are way too trendy and popular and identify yourself as a mindless sheep.
    Right... hoodies? Seriously? Tattoos have been around for years and on top of that if you are creative each one is special. Anyone who thinks "oh don't get a tattoo because lots of people have them." lack a mind or style of their own. Style isn't about "avoiding" things because other people wear them. It's about makings things your own, no matter what that item be. Polo shirts? This has been a classic staple for DECADES. Square toed dress shoes?! Funny because most dress shoes I see are pointy, and why the fuck do I need pointy shoes.

Have a mind of your own. Saying "nah it's too trendy" is making you look like a trendy hippy wannabe yourself. I have a friend who liked a band, when they were unknown, once they got known she hated the band, not because she didn't like the music, but because they weren't trendy anymore. It's stupid.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-12-16 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    Wear whatever the fuck you want, it's that simple. If people don't like it, they don't have to look at you or wear the same clothes as you.

As for rings on men, like everything, how good it looks depends on the ring and the man. I wear a silver/black ring I found in my old school's music room and meant to return every day for 2 years until I graduated and found it in my bookcase 2 months later and started wearing it.

i dont like it

I think its cool because you don't see it much. In fact, one of my ideas for the collector's edition of Diablo 3 was some kind of demonic or angelic ring, some sealing wax, and parchment. You could write letters, fold it, use the wax to seal it, and then press your ring into the wax to leave your mark.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:15 AM ----------

You kinda miss the point. Normal is boring. My closet has zero:

Hoodies
    Skinny jeans
    Polo shirts

These things are too popular, and therefore uncool.

I hate following the crowd. A ring on a guy would be different, and THAT makes it cool. If guys all started wearing rings, it would begin to suck as a fashion statement.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:17 AM ----------

Oh and piercings and tattoos and EXTREMELY uncool, because they are WAY too popular and you see it everywhere at this point.

Develop your OWN style. That is cool.

The problem is it isn't your own style.

Instead of being "In the crowd" and letting that dictate how you dress, you are "out of the crowd" tiptoeing around their decisions like a minefield. You are consulting trends for style as much as they are, the difference is you are getting WAY more hung up about it.

Develop your OWN style.

It sounds like you like the DIY ethos, but don't understand it at all. And its not about being "cool", because no matter how much you want to be "different", seeking outside affirmation by how you dress binds you like chains.

TBH, you sound really young (or at least really immature) and not in a position to discuss what is "cool".
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2012-12-16 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMoxie View Post
    I agree; wearing rings really wigs me out because I hate for my fingers to be restricted or it to feel as though there's something foreign on them. It's also why I was given an engagement pendant instead of a ring, and probably why I'm so fascinated with I see my friends wearing lots of rings. I always ask, "Doesn't that feel weird?"
    It's amazing how rapidly you adapt to it. The first three weeks i felt the same way. It was awkward wearing my wedding ring almost to the point of it hurting my hand. Now? Hell I feel awkward when i don't wear it. I guess it's really become a part of me.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Nothing wrong with a dude wearing a ring, I do so myself, one that looks just like this to be exact

Nothing says manly like norse/viking runes

My husband wears his class ring still...well not lately because the stone inside it has shattered (has happened twice now). But he loves wearing rings that have sentimental value to him. Once he gets it fixed he will wear it all the time again. I've never found it strange for a man to wear a ring aside from wedding rings. I've known lots of guys that wear rings and it doesn't seem weird or unusual to me. If I happen to see a ring on a guys hand I think looks cool I may spark up conversation about it. See where they got it, and most times every piece has an interesting history behind it. Even if it was a simple "My dad got it for me when I graduated"...but I don't ask them because I think it's weird.

My husband never gets asked about his hardly...maybe because it is an obvious class ring. But I know if I went out and got him a ring specially made he would wear it...probably every day

Deleted
    I used to wear sentimentally valued rings on my thumbs due to not wanting to hide my ink, but not for years. I'm waiting for the day when I get married and my ring will hide a letter and suddenly the text will say "LOVE LIE"

Yes, you get rid of it when it gets popular.

I used to wear polo shirts. Got rid of them all when they got popular.

Right now the following is off the cool list:

1. hoodies
    2. skinny jeans
    3. polo shirt
    4. piercings
    5. tattoos
    6. for women, those knee high boots.
    7. for men, square-toed dress shoes and whitewall sneakers.

Do NOT wear these under any circumstances. All of these things are way too trendy and popular and identify yourself as a mindless sheep.
    "ooooff, i'm so dark and edgy and unique - i'm not going to do something other people do,because i'm smarter, better and more good-looking than them!"

Seriously. Internet is trendy and popular, why the fuck are you still here?

I think its cool because you don't see it much. In fact, one of my ideas for the collector's edition of Diablo 3 was some kind of demonic or angelic ring, some sealing wax, and parchment. You could write letters, fold it, use the wax to seal it, and then press your ring into the wax to leave your mark.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:15 AM ----------

You kinda miss the point. Normal is boring. My closet has zero:

Hoodies
    Skinny jeans
    Polo shirts

These things are too popular, and therefore uncool.

I hate following the crowd. A ring on a guy would be different, and THAT makes it cool. If guys all started wearing rings, it would begin to suck as a fashion statement.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:17 AM ----------

Oh and piercings and tattoos and EXTREMELY uncool, because they are WAY too popular and you see it everywhere at this point.

Develop your OWN style. That is cool.
    Holy shit a real honest to god hipster.

Of course, worrying about what's "cool" and doing everything you can to avoid it is no different than making the effort to wear "cool" things, but that's another matter.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

In high school back in the 80s I had a 4 finger ring with fake diamond chips, what was I thinking....

depends on the kind of crowds you attract and your own personal entourage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Holy shit a real honest to god hipster.

Of course, worrying about what's "cool" and doing everything you can to avoid it is no different than making the effort to wear "cool" things, but that's another matter.
    Don't... move... a hipster's vision requires a lateral movement to see it's prey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no strong feelings about men wearing or not wearing jewellery. Rings, necklaces, etc, are all fine.

Any feelings I have with the idea would be based on the style of the individual jewellery. For example, I think the ring in the OP looks like some kinda of cheesey Hot Topic costume jewellery, but that's an issue of taste not of concept.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I certainly don't look weirdly at someone wearing rings and whatnot, just notice it at most if it's flashy or something. I don't wear any jewelry or other accessories myself because I find them uncomfortable, though I have some that I received as gifts. I just use my silver bracelet as a stress toy of sorts, I usually just spin it around with my fingers .

15+ Year Old Account
    The only ring I wear is the one on the left... and naturally my wife wears the one on the right :P

Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-17 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Re-sized the image

Rings are really sexy on a man's hand, they emphasize their hands and manly hands are, usually, very beautiful!

That goes for most jewelry, like bracelets. A nice bracelet that fits the kind of wirst a man has can be very sexy, too. I especially love the casual, subconcious way in which a guy can twist their wrist to put the bracelet back in place!