2nd Monitor randomly blacks out

Hey!

I bought a 2nd monitor a few weeks ago, and I've had this issue with it blacking out whenever I try to watch a video in Full screen on it.

Currently my Old monitor is still my main display(I play games on it) and my new 2nd one is Youtube/Twitch/Browser.

From time to time, when I have Twitch or Youtube set to Fullscreen, it blacks out sometimes and I have to exit the Fullscreen to get out of the black screen. This doesn't happen on my primary monitor though.

Currently I have my Primary monitor(old) connected through HDMI-HDMI cable to the GPU and 2nd Monitor(new) connected through DVI-DVI cable to the GPU.

Using Windows 7 Professional 64bit OS.
    i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz
    ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II 1.5GB DDR5
    ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
    Kingston HyperX 1333MHz 2x 4GB DDR3
    Corsair 750W 750TX

Thanks

Edit: Both Monitors are ASUS VE248H, Primary is with old firmware and new one is with the newer one. Forgot to mention :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Does wiggling the cable do anything to resolve/worsen this? I have this with my HDMI connection aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Does wiggling the cable do anything to resolve/worsen this? I have this with my HDMI connection aswell.
    Well, DVI has screws that you put in that should fasten the connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Oh right, it's the DVI screen that has issues. Nevermind then

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    AND? He asked you if wiggling the cable do anything. Keep in mind in a say a 3 foot DVI cable you have 3 inches of total DVI connector and around 3 feet of cable, what would you think has a more likely chance of being damaged, the 3 inches of solid unbending DVI connector or the 3 feet of cable being flexed bent pinched etc etc etc etc. This is not your issue but your response was snarky and not on point at all.

Now if you have displays Extended when you go fullscreen it should black out the other monitor. In windows 7 for silverlight and flash there is an option to allow fullscreen on 1 and desktop or w/e else you wanna do on the other. I'll look for it shortly on a tablet atm. However this will still effect games unless you turn on windowed borderless or in wow windowed fullscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    AND? He asked you if wiggling the cable do anything. Keep in mind in a say a 3 foot DVI cable you have 3 inches of total DVI connector and around 3 feet of cable, what would you think has a more likely chance of being damaged, the 3 inches of solid unbending DVI connector or the 3 feet of cable being flexed bent pinched etc etc etc etc. This is not your issue but your response was snarky and not on point at all.

Now if you have displays Extended when you go fullscreen it should black out the other monitor. In windows 7 for silverlight and flash there is an option to allow fullscreen on 1 and desktop or w/e else you wanna do on the other. I'll look for it shortly on a tablet atm. However this will still effect games unless you turn on windowed borderless or in wow windowed fullscreen.
    The cable is fine, there is no point where it bends or is pinched.

I can play a game(either Fullscreen or Fullscreen_Windowed) on the main display(that being the old monitor) and have a video running in non-full screen mode and there is no issue. But if I put the video on Fullscreen, it will sometimes black out(clarification: ONLY the Video playing display blacks out, game monitor remains unchanged.) for a few secs, sometimes I have to exit the Fullscreen to get it back on.