Can a 660ti max Rift?

Can a 660ti max the game at 1920x1080 with dual monitors? If not can a 7950 do it? The price difference isn't that much. Also if I overclock the 7950 can I get it to 7970 standards without making it burn up? I mostly just want a constant 25+ fps on ultra during huge events and 20man raids.

Dual monitors but with rift only running on one of them? Pretty easily. Worst case is you turn supersampling to edge smoothing. Which might not even happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can FYI Rift performs better on NVIDIA GPU's so w/e you get keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I run a single 16*9 monitor at max for Rift with a gtx 460
    Resolution makes all the difference, not aspect ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Can a 660ti max the game at 1920x1080 with dual monitors?
    Assuming you play on single monitor and keep web browser and other shit open on second monitor.. yes.

Practically nobody wants to play with games spanned on two screens because the screen split is right in the middle of the picture. 2nd monitor when used for windows desktop uses around 1-2% of the GPU's resources, so you can just count it totally out when thinking if some card can play some game.

Also keep in mind that Rift like all current MMORPGs like CPU power, and just throwing in expensive graphics card with shitty processor will not give you any framerate boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It's the same as the aspect ratio bud.
    2560x1440 is the same 16:9 aspect ratio as 1920x1080. but it has twice the resolution, bud.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    It can FYI Rift performs better on NVIDIA GPU's so w/e you get keep that in mind.
    What about games like Guild Wars 2, Tera & Diablo III?
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

To be honest there are some quiet FPS killing things in RIFT without much visual difference, such as spell effects/particle things IIRC.

I gained 40 FPS by taking that slider halfway from top and had visually no difference at all.

In any case, if my 550Ti can max it out, I'm fairly sure your 660 can too.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    What about games like Guild Wars 2, Tera & Diablo III?

Typically most games are optimized for NVIDIA. Blizzard games as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to go ahead and ask: What other specs are you combining it with? That's also key if you want to play it on max settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

This is what I use for recording my videos. I have a 40" Main Screen and a 21.5" Facebook / web browser / movie browser screen.

None of my equipment is overclocked - except for the Factory SOC Gigabyte 660ti - which "technically" is factory overclocked.
    I run i5-2400 at 3.1GHz and 16Gb RAM. All settings on max. Get 35~60fps depending on what is going on - world event, etc.

I have poor internet (190ms ~ 220ms latency) and hence I do obviously suffer from network lag with a world boss fight of like 100+ people. In raids, I have absolutely no fps issues whatsoever.

I also don't recommend any other card except nVidia - personal choice.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-12-15 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Assuming you play on single monitor and keep web browser and other shit open on second monitor.. yes.

Practically nobody wants to play with games spanned on two screens because the screen split is right in the middle of the picture. 2nd monitor when used for windows desktop uses around 1-2% of the GPU's resources, so you can just count it totally out when thinking if some card can play some game.

Also keep in mind that Rift like all current MMORPGs like CPU power, and just throwing in expensive graphics card with shitty processor will not give you any framerate boost.

2560x1440 is the same 16:9 aspect ratio as 1920x1080. but it has twice the resolution, bud.
    CPU power won't be a problem going to use a i5-3570k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    CPU power won't be a problem going to use a i5-3570k
    That answeres my question aswell. That's just fine