Thread: "Best Friend"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    I'll reiterate, to save you time and effort.

You're not getting any of the sweet, sweet ass.
    I know what you mean lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Every time someone says "Friend Zoned" as if that's actually a real thing they look so juvenile. Life doesn't work that way. People aren't that simple. Referring to not being able to make a relationship happened as "being friend zoned" is just a convenient excuse. There is no little invisible timer somewhere that when it reaches 0 you're no longer able to start a relationship with someone.
    Why does it have to be an "invisible timer"? Friendzoned is just another way to say "she's not interested". At which point if you have any romantic desires with this woman, give up and move on.. or you're in for a world of frustration.

i hate it when they call you "buddy" or "man"

Deleted
    Friendzoned, damned into an eternity of friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    IMO you have been friend zoned... But you can always try...
    pretty much ... mostly they don't want a relationship but want to stay 'just friends'

You are in muddy waters so what you want requires quite a bit of discretion and you are going to have to accept losing the girl as a friend to proceed. You really need to figure out her thoughts before proceeding. Is she a bit more physically playful with you as opposed to other guys she knows. Does her mood change a bit when she finds out you are dating someone new when she isn't. You really need to look for some queues.

I have to say your getting mixed signals. On the one end she broke up with her boyfriend due to having feelings for you but she says she just wants to be friends and wants things to back the way they were.

I would suggest being her friend and hopefully down the line she will get her feelings figured out. Just out of curiosity have you told her your feelings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    She doesn't want to pursue a relationship, but I will keep being her friend and see what happens.
    Kinda bugging me that you know this.

Please don't tell me you jumped out with the idea of dating her like 3 days after she had a break up, right?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    This I disagree with. There are plenty (even if they are a minor minority) of asexuals in loving, healthy and successful relationships with no sex involved.
    And asexuals aren't quite right in the head, either. If they're intact and their hormones are being produced and received normally, they will have a sex drive. If you lack libido and you're the appropriate age for making babies, it's an indication that something's up with your hormones.

Now, it's possible to have a sex drive you reject or ignore; that's not being asexual, that's just trying to develop some kind of psychosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Ehm, not exactly. Sex is a byproduct of love, not the otherway around.
    Intimate sex is essentially the physical expression of what people call love.

I'm going to give out more info, this is all online by the way, as in we play WoW together.
    Wait. As in, you've never met? Or you two know each other and see each other regularly and you just happen to do most of your talking while stabbing orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Please don't give into the internet trend of "friendzoning." Seriously, it's nothing more than a glorified status for people who for one reason or another couldn't get the girl.
    Being friendzoned means you got rejected and you couldn't or wouldn't take the hint. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Something I've noticed with these online relationships lately; 80% of it IS pussyfooting, and I'm not even talking entirely about the introductory period either, but long into the relationship. I wont pretend to understand it but there's very little "for real" to it at all. I mean that in a totally non traditional aspect of the phrase.
    Because for whatever reason, people are fucking terrified of rejection. They feel "safer" when they don't have to interact face to face. Shit, haven't we had plenty of threads where someone's talking about how they texted this or that to someone? Even a fucking phone call is "too risky," it has to be something impersonal and "safe" like text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    I know, it's weird as hell but hey life is like that...you gotta take a chance on people in a non conventional way to fully understand their needs and hopefully fulfill your own
    This is 120% purified, refined bullshit. It's an excuse for being afraid to risk rejection, nothing more.

She doesn't want to pursue a relationship, but I will keep being her friend and see what happens.
    http://xkcd.com/513/

THIS IS YOU. THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BECOME AND ARE IN THE TRACK TO BECOME.

You are fucking LYING to yourself and you are LYING TO HER, too! If she told you no, accept the goddamned rejection and move on. Stop lying to yourself. Stop lying to her.

MOVE. ON.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-12-17 at 05:28 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen to the sound advise of our Lord Seannaners. You can ignore the whole black ops thing in the background if you don't like CoD, just listen to him talk you to success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCDt1tRBwCc