Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Steer clear of Xonar STX unless he can make up his mind on getting quality headphones.

Hell even with PC360 I wouldn't get anything more than a Xonar DS/DX. Xonar STX is a card meant for very high quality audio shit. Even I'm not doing justice to mine with HD558's, but at least the SP2500's are getting good use out of it.
    looked over that part (shame on me)
    xuvial is one of the guys around here when it comes to audio and screen related advice, don't waste money and listen to the guy OP.

Thanks for all your help and advice, guys! This is the final order that I finished placing tonight (finally!):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula EATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($279.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($178.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($178.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($429.99 @ Newegg)
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($185.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Thermaltake VN10001W2N ATX Full Tower Case ($209.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: BenQ XL2420T 120Hz 24.0" Monitor ($398.98 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Rosewill RK-9100 Wired Slim Keyboard ($127.86 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2542.72
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-24 07:04 EST-0500)

The ram was not listed but it is this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231628

I got 5 after market 120mm fans, four to set up push/pull on the h100 and one for an additional optional case fan spot on the bottom of the level 10 gt. also a 140mm fan of hopefully superior quality to replace the included one on the back. all of these have red led's to match the red led's with the included 200mm fans on front and side.

I also got the ATH-AD700 and Zalman mic 1 which is not listed there. I went with the two ssd's and no hhd because they are solid reliable samsung with good cost per gb (for an ssd of course) and I don't need massive storage because I store absolutely no music or movies on my computer. Games only and a few programs to support them (steam in addition to google chrome and what not). So I have plenty of room for games and I tend to settle on a select few and play them a lot so I want uncompromising ssd speed at all times.

I understand you may have some criticism but keep in mind this is my final order and it can not change! I have a few preferences that you may disagree with (like no hhd I'm sure) but that's just me and if I'm wrong I suppose I'll learn my lesson but I hope I made good decisions for me in the long run we shall see.

Wish me luck as when all this arrives it will be my very first build. I plan to take it slow and steady and use a static wrist band! You'll see me around the forums, and you'll see me here first if (knock on wood) I run in to trouble during my build... BUT HOPEFULLY NOT!!!!

Just a success story when all is done.

Deleted
    Change the SSD to Samsung 830's or Crucial M4's, 840's having some issues though they might have been solved 830's/M4's has proven to be very stable.

You could also consider one larger drive like the Crucial M4 512GB, larger SSD's have better performance

Lookin good.
    If you're still iffy on the issues with Corsair H100's - or maybe more comfortable with air - (I personally like the Noctua's *cough cough*), but Thermalright Silver Arrow sb-e Extreme is out there looking beautiful and trumping the D14. However, - tis loud. But if you're going with SP120's then i'm guessing you're not too concerned about noise (I have SP120's and they sound like a 767 taking off when i turn my pc on every morning).

Re; thermaltake case - this is just my personal bias here, but i have been bitterly disappointed wiht every single thermaltake product i've purchased, maybe a corsair C70? 500R?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctua View Post
    Lookin good.
    If you're still iffy on the issues with Corsair H100's - or maybe more comfortable with air - (I personally like the Noctua's *cough cough*), but Thermalright Silver Arrow sb-e Extreme is out there looking beautiful and trumping the D14. However, - tis loud. But if you're going with SP120's then i'm guessing you're not too concerned about noise (I have SP120's and they sound like a 767 taking off when i turn my pc on every morning).

Re; thermaltake case - this is just my personal bias here, but i have been bitterly disappointed wiht every single thermaltake product i've purchased, maybe a corsair C70? 500R?
    I have tried to force myself to consider alternate cases but I have fell in love with the level 10 gt. as far as the 120s Between those and all the other fans and how hot it usually is in my house i've accepted that this thing will roar because I need cool more than i need quiet. i figure with headphones and if i put it kinda far on a small table away from my desk and just run the cords over as far as they'll reach that should keep noise at an acceptable level. however, im used to gaming with a portable ac running in my room in the summer and that thing is really, REALLY loud so i dont think this could be any louder.