10+ Year Old Account

(Bio) Belorian Morningwhisper

I'm new here and this is my first RP character. Don't be too hard on me.

Name: Vandase Dawnbringer
    Race: Blood Elf/Sin'dorei
    Class: Paladin

Family: Father, Mother, Twin Brother (Younger), and 2 Sisters (Older.) Vandase's family are all dead, including his twin brother, Vittor. Vittor is now a Death Knight and the two brothers get along pretty well, even though they do have their arguments and differences.

The Twins: Vandase and Vittor, even though they're twins, have slightly different traits. Vandase is slightly stronger and bigger, but Vittor is slightly smaller and smarter. Vittor also has the attributes of a leader, Vandase can somewhat be a leader but he's not very sufficient just staying back and issuing orders.

Languages: Thalassian, Orcish, Common

Faction: Silvermoon, Horde, Blood Knights

Personality: Nice guy, brave, protective of close ones. Easily provoked. Tends to keep to himself, therefore making him the "quiet one."

Likes/Dislikes: Likes chatting, music, socially drinking, and a good fight. Dislikes cheating, Obnoxious people, and arguments.

Appearance: Pale skined, yellowish-amber hair color, scar on his left cheek going right underneath the eye socket, a little bulkier than the average Blood elf, he is tall 6'2", a ponited goatee, has long swept back hair.

Strengths/Weaknesses: [w]Reckless when angry, [s]Battle Prowess, [w]Easily provoked, [s]Holy Powers, [w]Shadow Magic.

History: Born around the time when Kil'jaeden and the Shadow pact began. Vandase's Father was a highly ranked Spellbreaker, he had a wide arsenal of weapons, which were one day passed onto Vandase after the death of the Dawnbringer family... (to be continued. -_-)
    Last edited by eScar95; 2013-01-20 at 03:51 PM.

Welcome to the RP Forums.

Your characters seems very clear cut for me,which is not necesariliy bad, but for my taste he should have some edges at least. Getting angry when someone cheats is a rather natural reaction to me. His character trait, to become angry when provoked correctly is a step in the right direction. That for example is also something you could list as a weakness. His courage and perhaps his battle prowess could be listed as strengths. Just think of situations that really endager him, like soneone provoking him to act reckless for example, or situations that are no problem for your character but might be for others.

Your history really is far too short. There are some milestones that you should mention. If you know some things about his family, give us details, If he is an older twin, how was growing up with his twin brother? They both choose different paths for their lives, (Warrior and Paladin) why? What is their relationship towards one another? That alone gibes you lots to write about. Also, as a bloodelf, you need some stance to the Scourge wars, the exile in Outland and Kael'thas fall from grace, basically recent Sin'dorei history. There things will always come up in some form and you should know your characters feelings towards that. To orient yourself there is a big timeline on wowpedia that covers all the events of the Warcraft past. You could read other character bios from here to get a feeling for it. I wouldn't really recommend Khorianas' Bio since he is a bit of an oddball for a paladin. But you could take a look at the pre history section to get an idea how the Bio parts fit together. Hope that this is of help to you

Essentially, I agree with Khor here. I think there's a basis for a good character, but he seems rather skeletal at the moment. Find a theme you like, and flesh it out from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    You could read other character bios from here to get a feeling for it. I wouldn't really recommend Khorianas' Bio since he is a bit of an oddball for a paladin. But you could take a look at the pre history section to get an idea how the Bio parts fit together. Hope that this is of help to you
    Archilios, Acnoctus, and Zanicel, three of my characters, all dealt with the Scourge's culling of their people in the third war, though they were all part of that history differently (Archilios was unable to be there, Acnoctus died defending Quel'Danas, and Zanicel was one of the few survivors), but it could give you a good idea of what it was like for the majority of elves who lived through that time. There was a lot of despair and desperation... anger, fear, guilt... was a gruesome time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys for critiquing my RP character. The information you guys posted were very helpful. I'll get to work on his Bio later tonight.

EDIT: Minor changes were made. I'm calling it a night. Been doing some crazy research and found that Farstriders do in fact have Warriors within their ranks. Reference (http://www.wowpedia.org/Ranger)
    Last edited by eScar95; 2012-12-30 at 01:18 PM.