Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Talking as a PVP player, what buttons do you use to cast?

mines are sqerfzxctgv12345 mouse button 12345
    i am not used to shift+X or Alt+X
    i need some suggestions.thanks

I use (sorted roughly by importance)- mouse wheel up, down, click, qefcvz`1234, mouse 12345, alt+ `123qez mouse wheels and mouse 12345, shift+ 123, mouse wheels, ctrl+ mouse wheels, mouse 1 and 2.

That's about 45 key bindings. A couple of my characters need them all, most don't.

Deleted
    qerftgvc + ctrl/alt/shift
    `12345 - i cant get use to numbers +ctrl/alt/shift
    and my mouse has 2 side buttons which i use + crl/alt/shift

so not loads of binds, im still getting use to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoneimal View Post
    mines are sqerfzxctgv12345 mouse button 12345
    i am not used to shift+X or Alt+X
    i need some suggestions.thanks
    You should use Shift and Alt and ctrl + the keys you use a lot. Mouse scroll up and down can also be used.

anything that is reachable by your hands

I even use things like 'k' for resurrection for example (shift+k for battle rez - since it's disabled in arenas and in pve you have more time to react it's perfect) or 'j' for levitate - since I have to stand still anyways there's a very small chance that I might hit the wrong key so for more important spells you should use keys that are better positioned

So guys I see alot of you use your scroll wheel. My question is how do you zoom in/out other then your scroll wheel? I tried to bind the scroll wheel, but found myself needing to zoom in/out more and more so had to revert it. Whats a good solution that you guys have found? Or do you all just leave your camera where it is?

10+ Year Old Account
    For me I use these buttons: http://www.logitech.com/assets/17680/17680.png technically it's key bound to 1 to = keys and F1 to F10 keys with the joystick for movement and the to keys beside the stick for Alt and Tab. I found using this easier then doing a lot of shift and alt macros and I enjoy using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    So guys I see alot of you use your scroll wheel. My question is how do you zoom in/out other then your scroll wheel? I tried to bind the scroll wheel, but found myself needing to zoom in/out more and more so had to revert it. Whats a good solution that you guys have found? Or do you all just leave your camera where it is?
    I used to have dispels for both my team mates on mouse wheel up and down during WotLK because back then keeping on top of dispels and not falling behind against stuff like mages, LSD and all that was crucial (even more so playing the comp I played) - scrolling is very accessible so that was great. Used to have zoom in and out on shift scroll wheel which once you get used to it is just about as easy to do as scrolling normally. I changed that with MoP however because without spammable dispels it pretty much defeats the point of having a setup like that.

Getting use to shift/alt/ctrl is just a huge +. And alt isnt that hard as it seems, just click it with your thumb

I use 1-6
    qertfgcv
    1-12 on my Naga
    = 26 x 3 = a total of 78 keybindings that are very easy to reach fast (most of the shift/alt/ctrl are modded into macros)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I've got rather large hands, so I'm not able to use ALT-modifiers, but I do use CTRL and SHIFT. 123456rtfgzcv + mouse buttons/wheel.

Deleted
    I use alt modifiers and hostile/friendly modifiers alot. So I often have several spells on the same button and can do with fewer of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    ¸ q e r t z y x c v b n s 1 2 3 4 5 6

Shift combinations with above binds.
    Ctrl combinations with above binds.
    Alt combinations with above binds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    I rebind zoom in and out to ctrl +alt + scroll.

thanks a lot
    but when you are using awd to move, it can be extremely uncomfortable to press alt+q, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't use extra mouse buttons (feels extremely awkward) and switch between bar 1 and 2 with my mousewheel (comfortable 12 extra buttons).

so for fire mage:

bar 1 -
    1 blazing speed
    2 dragons breath
    3 deep freeze
    4 inferno blast
    f scorch
    q blink
    c arcane explosion
    e counterspell
    x frostnova
    v will of the forsaken (icy veins with frost)
    r ice block
    y spellsteal

bar 2 -
    1 trinket
    2 insignia
    3 bomb (talent)
    4 pyroblast
    f fireball
    q cone of cold
    c incanters ward
    e frostjaw (or ring of frost)
    x polymorph
    v wotf
    r ice block (presence of mind with arcane or frost)
    y remove curse

shift modifier -
    1 flamestrike
    2 engineer hand enchant
    3 mirror image
    4 landshark "grenades"
    f symbiosis (druid)
    q ice lance
    c blizzard
    e belt enchant (genade belt)
    x alter time
    v invisibility
    r cold snap
    y ground mount

tab combustion
    shift tab time warp
    5 slow fall
    6 illusion glyph
    alt 1 molten armor
    alt 2 arcane armor
    alt 3 frost armor
    alt 4 arcane int
    alt q focus polymorph
    alt e focus counterspell
    < flying mount
    ^ target player
    shift ^ set focus
    f1 first aid
    f2 evocation
    f3 mana gem
    f4 health stone
    shift f1 cannibalism
    shift f3 mana potion
    shift f4 health potion

i have big hands so those binds are reachable. the best tip i can give is the bar switch with your mouse wheel. easiest way to get additional buttons.

Deleted
    R
    F
    X
    C
    Z
    E
    Q
    A
    D
    G
    V
    §
    scroll up
    scroll down
    12 mouse buttons
    F1,F2,F3,F4
    All of the above in combination with modifiers.

I actually use the majority of my keyboard. I'd probably be better off filling in a couple more modifiers, but I'm used to the way I'm doing it. These don't count movement/mounts/interface pages, which are ESF and F-keys.

~ 1 2 3 (S+A) 4 (S+A) 5 (S+A) 6 7
    TAB (S+C) Q (S+C+A) W (S+C+A) E (S) R (S) T (S) Y (S) U
    A (S+C+A) D (S+C+A) G (S) H (S) J (S)
    Z (S+C) X (S+C+A) C (S+C+A) V (S+C+A) B (S+C+A) N (S) M (S) < (S)
    M3 (S+A) Mwheelup (S+A) Mwheeldown (S+A) M4 M5

Hopefully that's understandable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoneimal View Post
    but when you are using awd to move, it can be extremely uncomfortable to press alt+q, isn't it?
    Most of the time you can just use your mouse or autorun to move so that you can reposition your left hand slightly to reach binds you find difficult; you don't have to have your fingers glued to your movement keys. I don't find Alt Q very difficult personally, but among my binds I definitely find Ctrl Q and Alt B slightly out of the way.
    Last edited by asb; 2012-12-15 at 09:32 PM.

12345§(esc for stopcasting)
    qwertz, tab(qwe are my movement keys)
    asdfg
    yxcvb
    mousebutton 123, mousewheel up/down
    alt + 12345§qwersdfyxcv, mousebutton 123, mousewheel up/down (I use alt as a modifier for my focus)
    shift + 12345§qwertasdfgyxcvb, mousebutton 123, mousewheel up/down
    ctrl + 12345qwertasdfgyxcvb

Yeah, I have the most flexible hands
    Last edited by Vukey; 2012-12-16 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vukey View Post
    12345§(esc for stopcasting)
    qwertz, tab(qwe are my movement keys)
    asdfg
    yxcvb
    mousebutton 123, mousewheel up/down
    alt + 12345§qwersdfyxcv, mousebutton 123, mousewheel up/down (I use alt as a modifier for my focus)
    shift + 12345§qwertasdfgyxcvb, mousebutton 123, mousewheel up/down
    ctrl + 12345qwertasdfgyxcvb

Yeah, I have the most flexible hands
    using qwe to move, that is very effective. ` f1 to f4 can be reached as well. zxcv can be reached easier by my thumb.
    without modifiers, i can have 26 buttons comfortably. thanks a lot

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I actually use the majority of my keyboard. I'd probably be better off filling in a couple more modifiers, but I'm used to the way I'm doing it. These don't count movement/mounts/interface pages, which are ESF and F-keys.

~ 1 2 3 (S+A) 4 (S+A) 5 (S+A) 6 7
    TAB (S+C) Q (S+C+A) W (S+C+A) E (S) R (S) T (S) Y (S) U
    A (S+C+A) D (S+C+A) G (S) H (S) J (S)
    Z (S+C) X (S+C+A) C (S+C+A) V (S+C+A) B (S+C+A) N (S) M (S) < (S)
    M3 (S+A) Mwheelup (S+A) Mwheeldown (S+A) M4 M5

Hopefully that's understandable enough.

Most of the time you can just use your mouse or autorun to move so that you can reposition your left hand slightly to reach binds you find difficult; you don't have to have your fingers glued to your movement keys. I don't find Alt Q very difficult personally, but among my binds I definitely find Ctrl Q and Alt B slightly out of the way.
    but if you are a warrior, and VS another warrior, movement keys will be used a lot

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    R
    F
    X
    C
    Z
    E
    Q
    A
    D
    G
    V
    §
    scroll up
    scroll down
    12 mouse buttons
    F1,F2,F3,F4
    All of the above in combination with modifiers.
    .......naga?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 04:25 PM ----------

is it possible to change our mouse button 4 into shift and change mouse button 5 into control?

Deleted
    .......naga?

Iis it possible to change our mouse button 4 into shift and change mouse button 5 into control?
    Logitech G600, the mouse buttons on the side are bound to my numpad on the keyboard with mouse software, i guess you could do that if bind the shift/ctrl button onto 4 and 5 on the mouse assuming razer have similar software.