Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Winter Wonderland! Trips, Flips and Falls! The Jumping Puzzle! (Maybe a musical~)

I love the 'this isn't timed but you're going to die in 2 minutes' deal, though I hated dying mid jump into the present, that made me sad.

Anyone smashed through the small tidbits we have so far?

Damn that looks gorgeous.

I tried it twice. I decided I hate jumping puzzles. I'll simply not do it. The piano one on the other hand I'm pretty good at, was first place a couple times.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassy View Post
    Damn that looks gorgeous.
    Love this game on high graphics, so nice.

And when it comes to jumping puzzles, practice and character control are all you need! Make sure to jump at the edge of each platform and its npnp! I love me some jumping puzzles ;D.

The jumping puzzle is a pretty easy one this time (did it within 10 minutes, as opposed to like 3 hours for the Halloween one), although I did get taken by surprise by a gust of wind at one point towards the end on one of my first tries.

When you get to the end, there's a partially hidden set of floating blocks behind the big present that lead up to a big Red Star. Is there supposed to be anything up there, or is it just a random place to get a nice view?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    The jumping puzzle is a pretty easy one this time (did it within 10 minutes, as opposed to like 3 hours for the Halloween one), although I did get taken by surprise by a gust of wind at one point towards the end on one of my first tries.

When you get to the end, there's a partially hidden set of floating blocks behind the big present that lead up to a big Red Star. Is there supposed to be anything up there, or is it just a random place to get a nice view?
    I think just random, or scenic. I really like how this puzzle was done compared to the halloween one, and this one seems a lot more "polished" than the halloween one, because neither were really -hard- just the one on halloween i kept getting stuck on fucking EVERYTHING, god that was awful... This one was a nice smooth jumping puzzle!

PS: Who noticed that you're in the snow globe in lions arch for this puzzle?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    PS: Who noticed that you're in the snow globe in lions arch for this puzzle?
    Yes! Yes so much, I just love what they've done with these events.
    (The other two are inside the snow globe also, snowball fights and musical goodness)

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 05:02 PM ----------

Time to investigate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KelaniScar View Post
    Yes! Yes so much, I just love what they've done with these events.
    (The other two are inside the snow globe also, snowball fights and musical goodness)

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 05:02 PM ----------

Time to investigate!
    lol god i'm so bad at the musical one xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    A little bit sad they made the puzzle really easy. I hoped for it being on par with Clock Tower and/or harder. Otherwise I find it fun, and all the other activities are unique and fun.

ArenaNet sure knows how to make seasonal events, and by adding ALL that festive stuff in Lion's Arch is just wonderful.

It leads to a spot that has this.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol god i'm so bad at the musical one xD
    Same. I thought I'd do okay at first since it kind of looked like Rock Band/Guitar Hero, but using 9 numerical keys was a bit much for me. >< If it were just 1-5 I think I would have done a lot better. What's the ultimate prize for finishing it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Same. I thought I'd do okay at first since it kind of looked like Rock Band/Guitar Hero, but using 9 numerical keys was a bit much for me. >< If it were just 1-5 I think I would have done a lot better. What's the ultimate prize for finishing it anyway?
    I was pretty OCD about getting this right.. stayed up for 2 and a half hours until I got a 600 score. There's no achievement or prize for getting a perfect score. But I made about 3-4g along the way selling the presents (since it was the first night, everything was worth a bit more)

You get 4 wintersday gifts each time you come 1st.

I was much more impressed/jealous with the people who were playing their own tunes than happy about consistently coming 1st. Check out this thread on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ir_bell_songs/
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-12-16 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly thought this jumping puzzle was way too easy. It had a very casual time limit. The jumping itself wasn't too hard, as compared to clocktower where you had to move as fast possible but actually be able to get to the jumps. I ended up finishing that achievement by opening 50 of those boxes. In just within an hour. It was that easy. No adrenaline rush. Nothin,

I'm 9/12 on the achievement already. Done everything that can be done (except snowmen). As most have said, the jumping puzzle is easy. Halloween took me about 2 hours to master, this took me about 15-20 minutes. Apparently the developer for the Halloween puzzle stated they were sorry for it being so hard (or so I was told) which is why this one is easier. I spent about an hour or 2 farming the puzzle and got 100 giant presents and sold them on TP for 2g. So I'd say I beat it about 50 times.

I've made a bunch of friends this event. 3 from the musical puzzle, just talk in say to your other 2 people. 2 guys ended up with me every time and we were saying how our "team" was kicking ass because we were the top 3 players every time. Was great shooting the breeze with them. On the jumping puzzle I made 2 more friends by giving tips and following them (when I started on their platform) and rooting them on. All in all was lots of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halloween was pretty difficult for me... I dont seem to have the coordination for jump puzzles that many have. I got the winter one after about 10-12 tries and I was pretty pleased. The musical bells kicked my ass tho. Couldn't get a feel for the colours and numbers :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Halloween was pretty difficult for me... I dont seem to have the coordination for jump puzzles that many have. I got the winter one after about 10-12 tries and I was pretty pleased. The musical bells kicked my ass tho. Couldn't get a feel for the colours and numbers :-(
    I put 4 fingers (not thumb) of my left hand on 1234 and 4 of my right on 6789. Then I just counted forwards or backwards from the end to figure out which number the note was. I never scored a perfect but I was in the 400-550ish range every time. May want to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'm 9/12 on the achievement already. Done everything that can be done (except snowmen). As most have said, the jumping puzzle is easy. Halloween took me about 2 hours to master, this took me about 15-20 minutes. Apparently the developer for the Halloween puzzle stated they were sorry for it being so hard (or so I was told) which is why this one is easier. I spent about an hour or 2 farming the puzzle and got 100 giant presents and sold them on TP for 2g. So I'd say I beat it about 50 times.
    I haven't finished the Wintersday puzzle, never finished the Halloween one. I've done plenty of others, and I think I'll get the Wintersday one before it ends (not grinding at it non-stop or anything). There are plenty of other folks that can't get it, with a variety of excuses. (Amusingly enough, seeing the same people talking about how easy it is in game, but they always have fallen off before I do and are sitting back in the "waiting room" saying how easy it is...)

BUT, I have no problem with not finishing the Halloween one, and don't think they should make it easier just because not everyone could do it. I think a more optimum solution would have been to have this jumping puzzle, but it continues after the current end. "Normal" folks would complete it, get the chest, be happy. Sadists like yourself could then continue upward (still ticking away frost damage) for a higher level that had something "extra" but not earth shattering. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I haven't finished the Wintersday puzzle, never finished the Halloween one. I've done plenty of others, and I think I'll get the Wintersday one before it ends (not grinding at it non-stop or anything). There are plenty of other folks that can't get it, with a variety of excuses. (Amusingly enough, seeing the same people talking about how easy it is in game, but they always have fallen off before I do and are sitting back in the "waiting room" saying how easy it is...)

BUT, I have no problem with not finishing the Halloween one, and don't think they should make it easier just because not everyone could do it. I think a more optimum solution would have been to have this jumping puzzle, but it continues after the current end. "Normal" folks would complete it, get the chest, be happy. Sadists like yourself could then continue upward (still ticking away frost damage) for a higher level that had something "extra" but not earth shattering. If that makes sense.
    I am one of those people. I finished it about 50 times like I said but I several times missed the 3rd jump. It's easy to screw up.

In regards to the present, that'd be neat but people would then think they had to do that instead. Additionally, on my absolutely best time I ended with 3.2k HP. You take about 300-500 damage a tick so you still wouldn't be able to make it much further in the time constraints.

I wouldn't say it's overall easier, in a general way. It's technically easier due to the platforms being very polished, there's not a lot you can get stuck on like there was for Halloween. If you get hit by a snowball, get too cocky and try to rush, you're going to die in this one too. The Halloween one also had two 'trap' mechanics in the fall before the chest, and the jump before the clock tower. That was nice, but that was Halloween. It was tricky, it was sneaky. That kind of thing wouldn't fit too well with a Christmas theme, unless it was a Grinch kicking you for 6 off the edge of a platform.

Either way I still love this puzzle, and jump it every day for a few extra presents and the snowflakes. They may become useful. Sometime ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by KelaniScar View Post
    I wouldn't say it's overall easier, in a general way. It's technically easier due to the platforms being very polished, there's not a lot you can get stuck on like there was for Halloween. If you get hit by a snowball, get too cocky and try to rush, you're going to die in this one too. The Halloween one also had two 'trap' mechanics in the fall before the chest, and the jump before the clock tower. That was nice, but that was Halloween. It was tricky, it was sneaky. That kind of thing wouldn't fit too well with a Christmas theme, unless it was a Grinch kicking you for 6 off the edge of a platform.

Either way I still love this puzzle, and jump it every day for a few extra presents and the snowflakes. They may become useful. Sometime ;D.
    Snowman blowing you off ledge.