10+ Year Old Account

GM/Customer Service asking for a receipt.

So, the story is I purchased a physical copy of RIFT: Storm Legion from a very reliable electronics store. I read the back before buying it, and it says: "This deluxe edition includes the RIFT base game, all updates since launch, plus the epic Storm Legion expansion featuring: (goes onto say the features)."

I installed the game and let it download and get everything ready, and I began playing it. When I found that Moneybags trinket or whatever it's called that gives an extra 10% money from looting in the mail, I tried to equip it, and I was prompted with the "Cannot equip rare or higher quality on a trial account.". I noticed that I didn't actually put in any registration code, so I checked up on my account on the website, and it sure enough said I was a RIFT Lite account user.

So, I opened my manual, found the registration code, and tried to apply it. Kept getting this message from the website (Note, it was a red box above the Code Input box, not a popup from IE8 at the bottom of the browser) saying that my purchase couldn't be completed or something odd like that. So I went to the Support section, and lodged a complaint/question. A GM replied back, asking for my code, I provided it, and they said that it was a code for the Storm Legion expansion, and that I'll need the RIFT base game to input the base RIFT code before the Storm Legion code can be applied.

I replied, asking why the box says "includes RIFT base game", and they replied, saying that if the product did indeed advertise saying it included the RIFT base game, it should have had the RIFT base game reg. code with it, not just the Storm Legion one. And here I am. The Customer Support has asked for (incoming quote from the reply they sent): "With that said, please provide a photo copy of your receipt so that I can further investigate into the issue. If we manage to locate the error, I will be able to provide you the missing copy of RIFT that should have been included with your purchase."

My problem is, are they asking for the store receipt I recieved for the purchase? I can't recall being given any receipts from creating my account (although, I don't see how THAT would connect to this issue). If they are asking for the store receipt, should I photocopy it, and use Paint to remove the store name and adresses?
    If they are asking for something else, anyone have any idea what they are asking me to provide? I don't want to bother them with asking what they want, unless someone here doesn't have the answer.

My reason for asking is, I don't understand why they want a store's receipt. Wouldn't the store have it's own numbering system on receipts? or is there a code on there that is specifically from scanning the barcode?

Thankyou for any help!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

To answer your question, the receipt should have the actual name of what you purchased, and they can use that name to decipher which version was purchased for sure.

And yes, they want the actual store receipt.

It sounds to me like what you ended up with is the expansion itself, but it's possible that they put the wrong code in the box on accident (which should be why the receipt is being asked for).

If it turns out you got the expansion only, you can still (I think) utilize the Raptr method of getting the base game for free though!

Hope this helps!
    Writer for TerRIFTic - Official Rift Fansite and TERAfied - TERA Fansite

Both TerRIFTic and TERAfied are recruiting writers! Contact me for more information!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankyou, Raptorak.

But should I cover up/remove the store name and details?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Thankyou, Raptorak.

But should I cover up/remove the store name and details?
    There's no reason to remove the store name, if your bank information is listed on the receipt then black those out yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    There's no reason to remove the store name, if your bank information is listed on the receipt then black those out yes
    awesome, thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Bank information shouldn't be on the receipt anyways. But basically anything that helps them understand where/when/what was bought is helpful. So be sure to leave the store name/number, time of sale, price, etc. all unblocked. It will also help them in case there really is a bigger issue and they need to contact a specific store to figure out what's going on.
    Writer for TerRIFTic - Official Rift Fansite and TERAfied - TERA Fansite

Both TerRIFTic and TERAfied are recruiting writers! Contact me for more information!