Oddly enough, Turbine brought an Asheron's Call 2 server up for Asheron's Call

paying customers. Still trying to sort out their intent. With it being so similar to DDO/LOTRO engine wise it might be they think it can support a F2P base.

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=57257

I would have expected this on like April 1st.... but it brings back memories for some and for others it shows how old school MMOs used to be.. back before hand holding and such. Still has great music, the oddest and most unique races to play and fight to include some strange weapon types; drums anyone?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    paying customers. Still trying to sort out their intent. With it being so similar to DDO/LOTRO engine wise it might be they think it can support a F2P base.

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=57257

I would have expected this on like April 1st.... but it brings back memories for some and for others it shows how old school MMOs used to be.. back before hand holding and such. Still has great music, the oddest and most unique races to play and fight to include some strange weapon types; drums anyone?
    Too bad its for active AC customers only

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Too bad its for active AC customers only
    Agreed, but if a ton of people signed up for free to play, the server would likely be populated by too many non-paying curious customers. Then it'd shut down again anyway for financial reasons. This way, the 20 active members and 600 bots are at least paying for service.

Side note: Bought AC2 at launch and was sad to see it go, even though AC was infinitely superior at the time.

Deleted
    AC2 had lots of potential but wasn't ready for release when they launched it. Still I feel it was closed way too early when it was finally going in the right direction.

Curious to see what their intentions are.

subbed up to AC1 for a month to see to a "remembrance tour" of AC2. That graphics engine held up pretty well, landscape wise. Character models and movement was a bit stilted and their early attempts at skeletal animation would make a ChrioP wince. Only took how many years before people could run that engine with all options on? After an hour or two I remember why I stopped playing and probably why it went no where; it is tiring to have landscapes filled with "super" mobs interspersed amongst regular mobs and the crafting system left a lot to be desired. Still a no-zone open world that is BIG.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath