Thread: Rain of fire

Deleted

Rain of fire

What is up with Rain of fire and arcane explosion´s range atm?! i am a rogue who is struggeling to survive in pvp atm, the only way i survive is with stealth, and right now a warlock can spray rain of fire all over an arena so i get out of stealth. same with mages new arcane explode. Is it intended that monks replace rogues fully or is fixtures comming?

Rain of Fire won't be breaking stealth in 5.2 i believe, likely gonna apply to other spammable AoEs.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Rain of Fire won't be breaking stealth in 5.2 i believe, likely gonna apply to other spammable AoEs.
    No, it will break stealth, but it won't interrupt flag capping.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Explosion hasn't changed. It's still 10 yards, as always.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    not the glyphed version. but no changes intended? how is the rogue class gonna survive? pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeneer View Post
    not the glyphed version. but no changes intended? how is the rogue class gonna survive? pve?
    keep moving while stealthed is a good idea. AoEs have been taking rogues out of stealth for a long time. Back in BC and even wrath, a warrior spamming demo shout would pull a rogue out of stealth.

Deleted
    Last tier of warlock talents, Mannaroths fury, increases the area of effect of your spells by 500% so that might be what you're seeing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    keep moving while stealthed is a good idea. AoEs have been taking rogues out of stealth for a long time. Back in BC and even wrath, a warrior spamming demo shout would pull a rogue out of stealth.
    No, the range is extreme. It's not even funny. I'm doing arena on my alt together with an warlock, simply by using rain of fire he gets the other team out of stealth in Dalaran simply by running up the stairs if they're on the other side of the platform on the stairs trying to sneak up aswell. Not a single mage, rogue or feral managed to even get remotely close to us before being knocked out of stealth.

So much for rogues being "slippery".

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeneer View Post
    You should be happy if oppenent mage is glyphing arcane explosion lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Are you trolling him? There's a big difference between aoe now and aoe then, and I don't even play a rogue. AOE has a far, far, far, FAR wider radius now on many aoe's and is basically a FU to stealth classes - notable offenders include halo, rain of fire, hellfire, and some others. It's a pretty dumb design, as its mainly for pve but it's completely dumb for pvp. An aoe attack should not have a 40 yard radius - I see rogues getting hit out of stealth from 30 yards away and it is simply stupid.

This is simply one of the many things that makes me scratch my head about pvp in mop.

Others:

tons of instant cc (you could avoid and counter CC in tbc/wotlk, you cannot avoid blood fear/pom ring most of the time)
    casters never having to cast as they did in tbc/wotlk (as a result of 27 million interrupts in the game)
    too many freaking INTERRUPTS
    knockbacks on z-axis maps
    classes that do insane 1 shot damage while not being peelable (AKA FERAL DRUIDS)
    knockbacks on any map (typhoon, vortex, etc)
    DR's not shared on numerous CC's, when they should (aka paladin blind > rep > etc / fear and poly etc)
    Burst being high, but arena matches still take FOREVER

WoW consistently improved up to i'd say about wrath, and it went downhill when ghostcrawler took the helm. Hell, season 5 wasn't balanced but at least it was FUN - arena isn't even FUN now with 27 million types of instant, uncounterable CC! Even DK's in season 5; while they were overpowered you could sometimes win with skill. Nowadays, in mop I spent 75% of the match not in control of my character and that is not fun. I don't know he's solely responsible for how stupid the design of wow has gotten in recent years, but in any case its enough to make me say, "enough is enough" and end my sub. I really feel bad for rogues because stealth right now is a joke.

IF ghostcrawler has a lot of design influence and is responsible for recent changes, he should be fired IMO. I am in disbelief that any type of pvp in mop went through PTR testing because the design is THAT retarded.

For me it's back to guild wars 2. I played wow since release, november 2004 - and I did not quit until recently. At least GW2 is fun; I don't feel that fun factor in wow anymore.
    Last edited by velnis; 2012-12-16 at 07:18 AM.