Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Was probably playing World of Warcraft the morning he decided to do this.

Just kidding.

Video games don't create violence. Lag does.
    I've destroyed one mouse from rage from lagging during an intense 65 minute lol match.

10+ Year Old Account
    He allegedly attended as well as hosted LAN parties in which he played online games (likely World of Warcraft) with several friends. The media loves to jump at these types of things. There's actually more proof that video games are better for you than just watching television. I've played World of Warcraft as well as many FPS games for 12 years now, and I tear up every time I hear about something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    People always look for something to blame, video games are an easy target.

Blame is a coping mechanism, by having something to blame people are able to make sense of horrible acts like this, Just let them rant on about video games. Ultimately nothing will come from it.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-12-15 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Was probably playing World of Warcraft the morning he decided to do this.

Just kidding.

Video games don't create violence. Lag does.
    New sig! Above statement is true :/ lag is my kryptonite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    They already have been nailing video games. In times of a mass shooting we blame:

Video games
    music
    parents
    friends
    other media outlets
    drugs

The only person not at fault is the actual shooter.
    People are not inherently evil. There is always a reason.

People never kill "Just cause"

There are always factors.

Not saying that those reasons absolve them from blame however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I think I saw something about it on CNN yesterday.

The killer liked Mass effect on his facebook or something, so they brought up the video games make people violent and go out and do violent things bullshit arguement
    It was his brother. When the news released his brother's name as the killer, everyone flooded the man's Facebook page and then started to attack the things he "liked", one being Mass Effect. They went to the ME page and started attacking BioWare.

And then the news released the info that the man they found on Facebook was just his brother, and he had nothing to do with the attack, and suddenly they all stopped and quieted down since the real killer had no Facebook page.

"SHEPARD WEARS BODY ARMOR! THAT INFLUENCED THE SHOOTINGS!"

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    People are not inherently evil. There is always a reason.

People never kill "Just cause"

There are always factors.
    This isn't true, most serial killers have flaws in their brain where they need to kill and feel zero remorse for doing it.

Who knows about this freak, but times like this I wish there really was a hell so these kind of people get what they deserve.

Deleted
    Well, you already brought up the subject on your own before anyone in media did (to your knowledge at the time of writing). We shouldn't be terribly surprised that stereotypes refuse to die if we ourselves keep taunting with the "Ooooh are you going to blame video games again?" jargon, tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    This isn't true, most serial killers have flaws in their brain where they need to kill and feel zero remorse for doing it.

Who knows about this freak, but times like this I wish there really was a hell so these kind of people get what they deserve.
    I dont think he was a psychopath, sounds like something happened between him and his mother and he went mental, perhaps she cancelled his wow account, now that would make the story much more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    If they blame CoD I won't mind.
    No. If they blame CoD they will also blame Battlefield, assasins creed, and every other M rated game where the main character can kill lots of people.

Not long after it happened, one of the idiots on Fox News mentioned video games (my parents watch that damn channel) as a probable cause for this young male shooting up the school. I had to /facewall when I heard that.

Deleted
    Of course they will. Wonder why, when TV is the more plausible cause. But TV is the almighty god of entertainment, nothing evil can come out of it surely.

Remember, no Russian!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope all you posting here have some sense of compassion or thought for those who lost there loves ones in this terrible event.

But as for what your saying that to in itself pretty puerile if they go after games as the reason for someone becoming a murderer. Fact is, if there is a psychological reason a person becomes that way, ANYTHING can be blamed for it. If it wasn't games, it would be movies. If it wasn't movies, it would be t.v show. If not t.v shows it would be music. If not music it would be drags or alcohol.

People in a vast ignorance want something to blame. The reality is far more grim, people simply become f**ked up members of society for any reason, be it being raised by bad parents, bullying, having a shit job with a bastard boss, even pier pressure, if someone has a weak mind and it snaps, then its because of people, not games or movies or music, that causes it, or peoples lack of awareness that something is seriously wrong with them.

The next thing will be someone goes on a mass killing spree somewhere, and they were found with a smart phone, and the media will say smart phones are responsible for it.
    #boycottchina

20? Pictures of him he looked like a 14 year old or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post

That flaw in there brain is a reason. It is a condition which is responsible for their abnormal behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I.... actually second this lol.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    20? Pictures of him he looked like a 14 year old or so
    Maybe that added to his anger, people saying he looks 14...I know it pisses me off not really, but with his twisted mind that would just add up, along with those evil video games.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the last picture where the guy said "The murderer drank water: We should ban water" because it makes as much sense than blaming Mass Effect. Heck, I'd blame CoD before ME since CoD TRIES to be realistic...

Of course, i bet he was playing Call of Duty or WoW. You know, both of those games teach you to go out killing people.

As a general rule, think of all of the media as a bunch of uninformed idiots who like sensationalism to rally even more idiots to make stupid demands. Rather than focusing on the "he played video games ermagerd" crap, they should focus on "the government STILL lets every Tom, Dick and Harry have access to guns even though this crap keeps happening".