Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Tough to say. Games, especially MMOs, are always better when playing with your friends. While I enjoy GW2 I can't say that it is better than a single player game. But then I have a dislike of mmos so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    This is totally BS, i started playing wow in 2007, and none of my friends were playing it, i made friends with people while playing online, and i had np with finding guild, because i made friends along the way.

Recently people are getting this wrong idea about mmo's, they aren't about getting virtual items that really doesn't matter, they are about having fun, you didn't get that item, so what you will get it next time, for me if i get a good talk with my friends in game it is 100% more interesting then getting some virtual item.

Second you must be open minded because if you played mmo's in the best aka i mean this everquest style of gameplay, you must throw it away since gw 2 is totally different.

You cannot get instant heal from 1 to 100% of health, every dungeons can be done by a full group of dps, if they know what to do. Of course with tank and healer it is easier but it is totally doable with all of you being dps. Tank in guild wars 2 is more for preventing damage then taking all the damage as in wow.

I used to play WoW alone and when I'm getting Guild Wars 2 I plan on playing that alone too. I enjoy them so it really depends on what you're used to and what your style is when playing such games.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Deleted
    Play both !

Deleted
    I had a blast from 1 - 80. Leveling is the best part of the game in my opinion. After that it became boring specially because none of my friends played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    you just killed any argument you might have had with this one paragraph, grats though on showing just how little you know. cookie cutter builds in GW2? i don't even know what to say to such utter crap. it's like you don't even get what the skills you use do and what the mechanics actually are. there is no more to say on this subject because clearly you don't even have a clue.
    So you ignore every other point/example I bring up and instead try to argue that there *aren't* any cookie cutter builds in GW2? Are you for real? And, once again like in all your other replies - revert to questioning my skills as a player. So what skills don't I know how to use? What game mechanics am I failing to understand? Ok, I'm done responding to obvious trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    yeah, so where is the quote to prove this? please Anet said it right, so i am pretty sure that there is a post somewhere that you can share. we'll be waiting.
    forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Server-Populations/first#post703192

Bottom of the thread, post by community coordinator Eva "...when you see a server FULL means that the people who've chosen that server as theirs, or players who have moved to that particular server, have reached the cap, independently of where did they create their accounts". Very clear. Or perhaps you'd like to call me a bad player like in every other post you've made to prove I'm wrong about that too?

10+ Year Old Account
    My server is not Full, yet I'm in overflow every day.

People everywhere
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to complain about stuff they don't even understand... "Cookie cutter builds" okay not, guild wars 2 is balanced around compositions and metagaming, same goes with LoL and other big competitive games, there are no Cookie cutter builds, there are certain comps that are stronger at A-B-C against C-D-E (just like picking/counterpicking), but it is not about min/maxing just as WoW used to do with 51/20/0 builds (WotlK method of working with talents, if you dont get A-B-C talent you're pretty much dead meat).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedol View Post
    I tried the Elementalist but found it too squishy and the damage wasn't there to make up for it. Basically any 1 vs 2+ situation I ended up dead. Tried ranger but I was literally spamming one ability and I was bored by level 10. I made sure I played long enough to test out all their abilities and check out their traits & skills and nothing in them was particularly interesting. Necro *was* fun up until about level 40, it has great survivability at least which is pretty important when you are facing wave after wave of instantly respawning mobs out in the world.

In games like Rift and WoW picking a class to play was a challenge for me as I liked them all, but in GW2 it was a challenge just to find a class that I could put up with for 80 levels. After speaking with friends, I know I'm certainly not the only one who felt that way.
    Omg i fucking laughed and then cried, really? you think ele is too squishy? pffft learn to play a way aside from the "H0 OSHI- DPS" PoV, you seriously need to learn to play, there are ele builds that are pretty much unkillable (condition water ele from Team Legacy's guide is pretty much the nail on the spot on the metagame and how it currently works with certain spots).

You had troubles with necros? I think they're one of the easiest classes next to guardians... you had troubles with respawns? never had
    them prior to orr, if you took long then either:
    A) You never had any power/precision to take them down even slowly or simply didn't focus on having nice single target weapons like 1h axe on necro.
    B) You stood still on a respawn spot after killing monsters.

Try ranger on 1h sword, it takes a huge ammount of skill to really master and embrace the quickness of that class, gets to be annoying being a melee against a 1h ranger, there are even videos explaining how to move like 40yd in 1 sec with a simple skill combo, just l2p
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-26 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Omg i fucking laughed and then cried, really? you think ele is too squishy? pffft learn to play a way aside from the "H0 OSHI- DPS" PoV, you seriously need to learn to play, there are ele builds that are pretty much unkillable (condition water ele from Team Legacy's guide is pretty much the nail on the spot on the metagame and how it currently works with certain spots).

You had troubles with necros? I think they're one of the easiest classes next to guardians... you had troubles with respawns? never had
    them prior to orr, if you took long then either:
    A) You never had any power/precision to take them down even slowly or simply didn't focus on having nice single target weapons like 1h axe on necro.
    Sigh, another GW2 fanboy trying to tell me that there is nothing wrong with the game's limited skillset/talents and I just need to L2P and accept that the game is all about spamming 1-2 buttons repeatedly. Nothing boring in that right? Nah - it just takes *skill*! Give me a break...

Ok, first of all I played Ele until level 13. Thats it. Maybe they get better at 80. I don't know. But *I* found them squishy and pretty much any 1 vs 2+ situation (which I repeatedly faced from 1 to 13 due to respawning mobs) I was dead. Plus it was only part of the reason - I played a lock in WoW so I figured a Necro would suit me better anyway.

pffft learn to play a way aside from the "H0 OSHI- DPS" PoV, you seriously need to learn to play, there are ele builds that are pretty much unkillable (condition water ele from Team Legacy's guide is pretty much the nail on the spot on the metagame and how it currently works with certain spots
    What are you on about? "H0 OSHI- DPS"? "Nail on the spot on the metagame"? Speak English please.

You had troubles with necros? I think they're one of the easiest classes next to guardians... you had troubles with respawns? never had them prior to orr, if you took long then either:
    When did I say I had problems with Necros? In fact, in the text you quoted I specifically said I thought they had great survivability. I simply found they got boring after 40 levels of spamming the exact same couple of abilities every fight. Read my post a couple of pages back. I mention I had no problems fighting many mobs at once as a Necro. Hell, I can recall several occassions fighting 1-2 veteran mobs along with 4-5 normal mobs and barely taking a hit.

Ok respawns - let me give you an example of how things often went while questing out in the world. I pretty much said this in an earlier post but you mustn't have read it. "Oh, a point of interest inside this cave, better go check it out", "Damn, my pets managed to aggro every mob in a 30 yard radius, oh well - better kill them... 111,2,11111,2, dodge, 111111,2,111111,2,111111", "Ok mobs are dead, I'll just loot them and mine this gold vein over here", "Ok now I'll go find that point of... WTF mobs already repopped?!? God dammit!"

So no, I was not too slow killing them (I always stacked power/condition damage and my gear was usually within 5 levels of my level at all times levelling up) or standing on a respawn spot (seriously? why would I do that? grow up).

It is my opinion that the world is simply tuned for having multiple people questing in a zone. Unfortunately on my realm every zone I step in is basically deserted, I can go days without participating in a group event (naturally my realm is listed as "full" too, yeah right...)

You most likely levelled from 1 to 80 during the peak when the game first came out, that's why it was never a problem for you.
    Last edited by Eyedol; 2012-12-26 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is fun, but not alone.
    every new character endsup feeling pretty lonely tbh just the odd level 80 doing a world completion run and thats it... been to 3 diff servers and same thing sure LA is busy almost all the time but everywhere else that isnt a crafting material crafting spot its dead empty...

and "cough" orr sucks "cough"

^

It's an issue that no mmorpg has yet to solve. How to make the leveling areas less lonely after the initial rush. I haven't seen any mmo that has an answer to it.

Will i enjoy GW2 if i do not like PVP but only PVE???

It depends. What part of pve do you enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Will i enjoy GW2 if i do not like PVP but only PVE???
    If you enjoy a casual approach to PVE, yes.

There is probably more PVE in the game than PVP to be honest. Aside from SPVP, there is some form of PVE involved in like everything. You can't stop PVE-ing to a degree.

So the rap of GW2 being a PVP dominant game is slightly exaggerated. If that is what you are worried about, natch.

If you like structured raiding or an endgame look elsewhere for the time being.

Is Guild Wars 2 a good game? Yes. In the sense that it kept me interested for about 2 months. I'd say that any game that lasts at least 1-2 months is of good quality.

Is it top notch in terms of an MMO? It's hard to say. Compared to all of the MMO's out there, it's on the upper end though. This is a tough genre to compete in.

There were a few things that I really enjoyed about the game, but numerous things that I thought were terrible. I'll go through them in list fashion for easy picking.

Things I Enjoyed:
    1) Graphics. The scenery in the game is very beautiful.
    2) Legendaries. They definitely have that legendary feel to them.
    3) The community. With how there is no monster/resource tagging, it really feels like you're part of something, even if you're playing alone.
    4) Story modes. It was neat to have a story, although the stories was pretty boring until close to level 40.
    5) The rez/rally system. This really is creative, and I enjoyed it a lot. I hope this makes it into more games.

Things I Hated:
    1) The market. It was far too easy to just buy raw materials, upgrade them in the mystic forge, and resell them for ridiculous profit. The fact that the trading post is tied to all servers made buying and selling trivial. Just undercut the lowest price and it would sell almost instantaneously. Buying was the same way. You would never be in a situation where you couldn't buy the exact item that you wanted.
    2) Voice acting. The game hands-down has the worst voice acting of any game I've ever played. They re-used voices everywhere and didn't even try to hide it, and the voices that certain characters had did not match their appearance at all. I remember a quest involving a giant ogre that had a young girl's voice.
    3) The comedic dialogue. I swear, if I ever hear "excelsior" (spelling?) again, it will be too soon. It's like all of the jokes in the game were inside jokes with the developers, and none of them were funny.
    4) Dungeons. It's almost as if they put no thought into the dungeons at all. With no class roles, everything just ran around doing whatever the hell it wanted. There was absolutely no control. Every fight was complete chaos. If you went into exploration mode (I think that's what it was called?) some of the fights were literally impossible. It really felt like none of the dungeons were ever tested.
    5) Rewards. Even if you completed the dungeons, the rewards were unpredictable and, most of the time, complete crap.
    6) The item system. There is basically no identity to gear in the game. You just find a random item, see it has better stats, and put it on. Late game, it felt like there was almost no gear progression. You would get rewards from things that just altered the look of your equipment, which most of the time required a very heavy investment to obtain. The same can be said for legendary items. They look amazing, but you're putting all that time and effort into getting a new graphic for a single item, which gives you no real benefit.
    7) Item models. This probably annoyed me the most. If you played, for instance, a ranger... you basically looked the same from level 1 to 80. I guarantee that at least 80% of the time you had the same hat model. A lot of graphics were re-used between low and high level items.
    8) Leveling progression. It felt like leveling was pointless. You could have every single core ability for all of your weapons by level 5. The progression system after that was completely lackluster and never gave you that "I'm more powerful" feeling at any level.
    9) Abilities. Don't get me wrong, the idea behind the ability system was very clever. I give them props for that. However, most of the abilities were very boring. The fact that they made your #1 ability an auto attack, instead of just making you auto attack outside of your core abilities, was a little dumb in my opinion. They should have freed up that spot and worked on providing more meaningful, fun abilities.
    10) Spell graphics. Another one where it's two sided. The spell graphics are pretty, but the majority of the time there was so much spell clutter that I couldn't tell what was going on.
    11) Water Combat. Again, it was a good idea, but implemented badly. I don't know of anybody, at least in the group of people that I played with, that found underwater combat engaging. Most of the time you would just feel gimped compared to your normal character abilities.
    12) WvWvW. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but mass pvp is only fun to me for so long. It almost always turns into who has the larger zerg. Yes, it's cool to run around with a small group and take things over, but a lot of the time, if you aren't running near a zerg, there is no action.

Like I said, I enjoyed the game for about 2 months, and I was playing with a group of 6-10 friends the entire time. Could you enjoy it solo? Sure, but it may be difficult to get the full effect at this point in the game. I've always thought the "random event" model for MMO's was a bad idea, since after a little while, zones are no longer populated and the group-centric feel of those events greatly diminishes.

Will you enjoy it longer than a few months? It's really up to you what you enjoy in a game. A lot of people that played DAoC are lasting a good while in GW2. If you're more PVE focused, it's probably not the game for you, at least after level 80.

Yes i just enjoy levleing, and ofcourse 5mans mostly.i know about all the levleing and mini games, but what about 5mans and raiding, how much content were there at release and how much new content been coming since launch, pve it is thanks

There is no instanced raiding.

Same dungeons at launch as now. Plus new mini dungeons called fractals. 9 in total.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

Dungeons play out pretty much like the rest of the game; action combat-y.

Sounds like there is a lot to do, thanks. Hopefully there will be more in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Squibins View Post
    4) Dungeons. It's almost as if they put no thought into the dungeons at all. With no class roles, everything just ran around doing whatever the hell it wanted. There was absolutely no control. Every fight was complete chaos. If you went into exploration mode (I think that's what it was called?) some of the fights were literally impossible. It really felt like none of the dungeons were ever tested.
    Hmmmm do you think the first part and second part of this could be related? Did you ever try doing a dungeon and not have people running around doing whatever the hell they wanted? Maybe work as a group?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 imo felt more like a console game. Take from that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Hmmmm do you think the first part and second part of this could be related? Did you ever try doing a dungeon and not have people running around doing whatever the hell they wanted? Maybe work as a group?
    When I say "everything" ran around, I mean mobs. I actually started a Guardian with the intent on being a tank in group events, only to find out that there wasn't really a controllable system of mob aggro.

I even built my Guardian to be group-centric, where I took low damage and was constantly healing myself every time I triggered an AE boon, which was about every 2 to 3 hits. I definitely felt like a tank in the sense that I could outlive everybody else that I was playing with, but not in the sense that I could keep anybody else from taking damage. Mobs still did whatever they wanted.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:12 AM ----------

I forgot about this part, which I actually found quite humorous, but very stupid design wise.

The majority of dungeons had at least 1 boss, most of the time it was the end boss, that was some big epic fight... which required you to throw boulders at him to win. I don't know what the obsession was with boulders, but that's all you would do.

I can't remember which dungeon, but it was one of the high level ones, where you really had the feeling it was going to be an intense fight for the final boss. You're fighting some giant monster, there's lava everywhere, a lot of bridges connected all around him, then you got to fighting.

1) Step 1: Stand behind wall.
    2) Step 2: Kill pointless blob that spawns.
    3) Step 3: Throw a boulder at him.

That was the only damage you ever did to him. Like I said, this was not a unique event. There were at least 2-3 other bosses that used this same mechanic throughout the dungeons. Boulders could rule the world.
    Last edited by Squibins; 2012-12-28 at 02:59 PM.