10+ Year Old Account

Holy pallys? Spirit?

Just wondering if there is a "cap" that I should aim for? like X amount of spirit then after reaching that reforge as much into mastery as possible (instead of past that point into spirit)

Also any other basic holy pally info would be welcome. I'm working on my alts off spec and it's my first real attempt at healing on one of my toons, I'd love any advice you guys have to offer so that I can be sure to do this right.

Deleted
    As far as I know, it's more of a comfort level. Are you happy with your current spirit? Then go for more mastery. If you feel like you are OOM-ing more than you'd like, go for more spirit.

I've always judged this by "do I go oom to easy during fights?" "Yes, need more spirit" "No, lets go haste/crit/mastery (whichever is the right stat)"

Theres currently no time where reforging spirit is the correct option, you'll need Spirit all the way through blues and raid epics all the way through normal and heroic, you can play with food/flasks depending on fights and change your priority on socket bonuses, but at no point in the current content will spirit not be required

Deleted
    It's still at a point even after heroic modes are down that you want more spirit.

My rule of thumb is to go for as much spirit as possible. You won't reach a level in this gear where it's wasted.

i have 12.3k spirit and i still want more. idk if that helps.

spirit is pretty awesome right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Paladins have been asking this question for the last 3 expansions and there have never ever been a cap to it. Spirit have always been the best or second best stat to get after intellect and since all items can have 2 stats besides int you should always go for spirit on your items.

All this comfort level is just bullshit, you should keep stacking spirit until you cant go oom spamming DL.

Wether you should use a int flask or spirit flask now that is a completely different question. In general stat for stat int is better than spirit but you have to take into account the amount of overhealing you are doing and the length of the fight. On a fight such as will of the emperor it might be better to use a spirit flask because the fight takes over 10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Paladins have been asking this question for the last 3 expansions and there have never ever been a cap to it. Spirit have always been the best or second best stat to get after intellect and since all items can have 2 stats besides int you should always go for spirit on your items.

All this comfort level is just bullshit, you should keep stacking spirit until you cant go oom spamming DL.

Wether you should use a int flask or spirit flask now that is a completely different question. In general stat for stat int is better than spirit but you have to take into account the amount of overhealing you are doing and the length of the fight. On a fight such as will of the emperor it might be better to use a spirit flask because the fight takes over 10 mins.
    Not for 3 expansions straight exactly, Spirit was useless for Paladins in Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Not for 3 expansions straight exactly, Spirit was useless for Paladins in Wrath.
    Back then we were talking about a different stat which did exactly the same as spirit does today.

Also remember that the next best stat after Spirit is Mastery, and that helps with regen also since Illuminates Healing can prevent a ton of damage that you now don't have to waste mana healing. Once you have enough spirit to satisfy your regen needs, you'll start getting more Mastery and you'll find even more improvement in the numbers you can put out.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, Spirit should be the primary stat you're shooting for. Our mana regen still feels fairly weak, so gearing towards Spirit is one of the best things we can do. Mastery is also great for efficient throughput due to it being more mana efficient than Haste.

If you want general information there is a guide stickied on these forums. There is also a thread to ask for general advice on your healing if you so desire.