Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So hows disc right now?

Tittle says it all.

When I see a disc in arena, I tunnel the fuck out of him. I collect my points roughly thirty seconds after.

This strategy seems to work about 9 out of 10 times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    When I see a disc in arena, I tunnel the fuck out of him. I collect my points roughly thirty seconds after.

This .

Or you can just train DPS and watch the Disc go OOM in a minute. Both are equally viable.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post

thats why im going from my disc priest to my holy pally and saying good bye to doing anything productive this season. so dont waste your time like i did.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Play with a hunter and a feral and you'll be fine. Otherwise, well...

By fare the worst PvP healer. Poor movability, OOM fast and just feels sad in general.
    Also since PvP power nerf we can't even put out any DMG so that play style is totally gone too.

Discs were pretty much bottom-trash to begin with (most dps classes and hybrids have better healing and survivability). The across-the-board nerfs to healers didn't really help us become more viable. Soooo ye... nice season.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    RMP might be good? it was ok before some hotfixesk but idk after the mage/healing nerf
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    RMP might be good? it was ok before some hotfixesk but idk after the mage/healing nerf
    well you can still make rmp work if you know how to play it ... that doesn't make it a good comp though (the mage being the only class that is solo-performing decently in that comp right now)

hunter/feral? I'm not sure why you would prefer a disc over a shaman (super heals, more mana, more survivability) or a pala (druid gets bubble, plus more mobility/cc)

Ench/feral/priest works, but then again it's far from top tier setup (could easilly become one if priests weren't in such a bad state). Also it's hard to convince any semi-decent feral druid to play with ench/disc instead of war/hpal hehe. Overall playing disc atm is shooting yourself in the leg - switch to shadow for this season or pick any other class, will make game 5x more fun for you.

Woundman hit 2200 playing with a disc preist in 3v3 arena

They are rolling

Rogue
    Boomkin
    Disc Prest

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/ti...DDOS%20HOTFIX/

Disc Priest isn't where it used to be; but it is 2200 capable in the right hands.

http://www.twitch.tv/woundman

they are streaming with disc right now.

Deleted
    Don't bother doing pvp as disc priest...the pvp healing nerf + the fact that all other healers have more cc's nowadays while disc got nothing useful makes it crap. Also you'll be OOM really fast. It's simply not worth it...hopefully someone at blizz will realize this and do something about it.

Deleted
    I have played disc priest since wotlk and I love that healer, throw bubbles, aoe fear, mana burn, heal with damage. But now in MoP the class/spec really feel crap. The worst thing is to go oom so fast, and the bubbles are weak and the healing are weak and the damage are weak and the cc are weak (well cc is actually stronger but now when all classes have more cc, it's crap) ;( It's really sad actually to play priest in pvp now, I hope they fix it in future patches. Right now Im levelling an shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    This doesn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    switch to shadow for this season will make game 5x more fun for you.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mcteojamc View Post
    Also since PvP power nerf we can't even put out any DMG so that play style is totally gone too.
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArekuD View Post
    Don't bother doing pvp as disc priest...the pvp healing nerf + the fact that all other healers have more cc's nowadays while disc got nothing useful makes it crap. Also you'll be OOM really fast. It's simply not worth it...hopefully someone at blizz will realize this and do something about it.
    Sadly, also true.

Problem with disc right now is all the stuff that used to make it desirable for PvP is gone or nerfed:

-Mana Burn got deleted;
    -Double offensive dispel is gone;
    -Defensive dispel has a cooldown;
    -Mass Dispel has a cooldown, a huge mana cost, and the cast time reduction is on a glyph that there's barely room to take;
    -Burst damage is totally gone (even lackluster Cataclysm Mind Spike spam was much better than what we have now); and
    -To add insult to injury, little stuff like SW'ing cc and Mind Control is now out of reach on talents and glyphs.

It's really sad. The spec probably needs a re-design of the scope that normally only comes with new expansions. And who knows when that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    This doesn't even make sense.
    He's saying disc Jungle Cleave is the only comp a disc can succeed in.

Deleted
    As a restoration shaman I like discipline priests. Thanks to the double purge glyph I can dispell their shields and other stuff faster then they can apply it, then either their dps dies or their go oom.

I think disc is fine.

No really!

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    He's saying disc Jungle Cleave is the only comp a disc can succeed in.
    That's far from true
    - TSG will train disc down in first grip whille hpally cc hunt with 3 different spells (yeh hpally CC is fine...), add dark sim to steal ferals clone and chances are close to zero for disc jungle cleave.
    - KFC can stick on feral and see priest OOMing without any risk of getting counterpreassured.
    - Kittycleave can stick on feral and train him into the ground becouse pally CC is retarded and unlike before it's easier for pally to CC priest then for priest to CC pally (yay hoj-blind-repentance). Or they can drop priest during cds and make pally burn buble-trinket early to provide that free 20 sec war/feral need to build cds and stomp priest (meanwhille CC hunter and instant hibernate/clone/fear feral - it's not like disc will have any time to dispell during this paintrain).

Top disc with great teammates can outplay scrub teams - yes, but as soon as it comes to top setups with good/great players they stand no chance. It's really sad how Blizz allows some spec and even classes to remain in nearly unplayable state for wholle season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    That's far from true
    - TSG will train disc down in first grip whille hpally cc hunt with 3 different spells (yeh hpally CC is fine...), add dark sim to steal ferals clone and chances are close to zero for disc jungle cleave.
    - KFC can stick on feral and see priest OOMing without any risk of getting counterpreassured.
    - Kittycleave can stick on feral and train him into the ground becouse pally CC is retarded and unlike before it's easier for pally to CC priest then for priest to CC pally (yay hoj-blind-repentance). Or they can drop priest during cds and make pally burn buble-trinket early to provide that free 20 sec war/feral need to build cds and stomp priest (meanwhille CC hunter and instant hibernate/clone/fear feral - it's not like disc will have any time to dispell during this paintrain).

Top disc with great teammates can outplay scrub teams - yes, but as soon as it comes to top setups with good/great players they stand no chance. It's really sad how Blizz allows some spec and even classes to remain in nearly unplayable state for wholle season.
    This guy is speaking the truth.