10+ Year Old Account

starting a DK, what is up with Blood Boil?

I just started a death knight so i am still in Outland and i have to ask, why does blood Boil (in conjuction with the roiling blood talent) do so much damage?

Can some assure that at maximum level Blood Boil is not insane? or will it stay like this even at high levels?

I can't get a sense of the 'proper' rotation is for any spec since i using any free blood/death rune on Blood Boil (Frost? can't use Obliterate because blood boil does more damage) (Unholy? Also those extra Death runes i save for Blood Boil) (Blood? Blood boil, Blood Boil, Bloodboil, why bother ever using heartstrike or rune tap?)

It'll get worse as you go, I think it was changed so base damage was higher and it scales horribly. As for a rotation, they pretty much tell you what to use now if you look at the spell book thing.

Search:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...od-Boil-Bugged
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-12-17 at 06:11 PM.

Blood boil does way too much damage at low levels.

I'm not really sure why, probably a base damage issue though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Much different than it used too, thats for sure lol. Back in the day blood boil never entered your hotbar until you were max level :P.

Deleted
    As others said, it's insane at lower levels but will scale out as you level higher.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    It'll get worse as you go.
    Not at all...

Look, you'll level as blood till the late Cata levels simply because blood DPS > uh and frost to lvl up.

Once you are on the laaast levels with proper gear you might want to go frost to make it faster ,but stil lblood will be one of the two best, if not the best spec to lvl up.

However, BB won't deal more damage than DS any further than lvl 60 ..

Blood Boil will be your hardest hitting ability (both single and aoe) all the way up `till Cata content. Once you get a Hyjal/Vashj'ir weapon other spells, that actually scale with weapon dmg, will take over. So, don't worry, BBs dmg goes down later on - but i agree, it seems a bit absurd for it to hit so hard for so long (22 lvls!)

for shise:

I just finished leveling my DK, BB was (by a large margin) hitting harder then any other spell until i hit 80. And thats with or without the disease bonus dmg. Also, Blood spec was amazing for leveling, but fell short after BBs dmg went down. Frost IS faster once you're in Cata zones/gear.
    Last edited by Razhiel; 2012-12-17 at 06:21 PM.

For dungeons, I actually stay in blood spec with frost presence and use BB everytime it's available. Single or AOE. Always top dps charts. I'm sure it won't be like that in higher levels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I just started a death knight so i am still in Outland and i have to ask, why does blood Boil (in conjuction with the roiling blood talent) do so much damage?
    Because Blood Boil is AWESOME!

... err, I mean, because it has a (relatively) high base damage and low scaling.

it will fade and get weaker as you get towards the 80+ bracket at 90 it hits for something like 20k with something like 80-90k attack power ( of course this is after the boss have been hitting me for a while ) on my blood death knight (average ilvl 487 ) where death strike hits for upwards 70k-80k non crit.