Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by farekim View Post
    Cloak of Shadows?
    I assume you are talking about the poster a couple above you. I think he's referring to the Glyph that you take 40% less damage from all sources while Cloak of Shadows is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Just open world of wargraph, check the top of any ladder or play 10 game above 2k2
    Warriors are still massively overpowered.
    I do that on multiple classes on multiple BGs. The higher the skill level of the players involved, the more you see casters pulling ahead of warriors, because Warrior tools are much more limited.

I mostly play the following: S.Rogue, S.Priest, A.Warrior, F.Druid

I find both my druid and priest to be the most rewarding at the moment, although my love is for rogues :\

Anywho, that's just to illustrate my impartial nature in regards to this subject.

Die by the Sword is not a problem if you know how to hit someone in the back. Every melee has ways to counter DbtS and it is only a 20% reduction to every caster but a Demo Lock.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2012-12-18 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I assume you are talking about the poster a couple above you. I think he's referring to the Glyph that you take 40% less damage from all sources while Cloak of Shadows is active.
    No, just physical sources.

I mention the glyph by name. I would assume that 10 total seconds of 40% less physical damage will beat any other glyph in a duel with a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    No, just physical sources.

I mention the glyph by name. I would assume that 10 total seconds of 40% less physical damage will beat any other glyph in a duel with a warrior.
    Cloak of Shadows
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires Rogue
    Requires level 58
    Instantly removes all existing harmful spell effects, provides a brief moment of immunity against magical damage and harmful effects, and then causes you to resist all spells for 5 sec. Does not remove effects that prevent you from using Cloak of Shadows.

5 Seconds

Incidentally why are we talking about balance in duels as if that is was or ever shall be a real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Wizard comps outshine warrior teams with equal skill players.

Warriors are not OP.
    Common fallacy: class X is not OP because class Y is better than them!

-> It is perfectly possible for both X and Y to be OP.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-12-19 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

...it's good if he pops both, means it's easy as hell to counter all his cd's at once, be glad he's that dumb.
    + in arena it means he's a pretty easy target for a switch.

vanish cheapshot. Trinket? Blind, tada, all offensive and a defenive cd's nullified.
    Or use shadowdance if you don't have vanish, you can't parry or dodge cheapshot.
    Could just shadowstep dismantle aswell, can't parry from behind.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2012-12-19 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It is very similar to Ret paladins using bubble (with no damage reduction) and wings in Wotlk.

All they need to do is not let them use Reck with it.
    yes its very similar since the warrior can be killed in his die by the sword by stunning him making his cd worthless, and casters will not really be affected by die by the sword.. wait its not similar ! lol

Of all the things to whine about... wow. Why not go after something like, let's say, a 20-second CD AoE 4-second stun that can't be dispelled, is free, and does decent damage on top of that? Die by the Sword is nothing. It's so easy to shut down.

while at it lets disable the use of ams - ibf - feral shield wall - barkskin - cloak - evasion - lock cds - painsup - hand of sac - monk parry cd. while being offensive.
    fyi most of those listed above have the same cd and some have lower cd than die by the sword.
    biased much ?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak of Shadows
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires Rogue
    Requires level 58
    Instantly removes all existing harmful spell effects, provides a brief moment of immunity against magical damage and harmful effects, and then causes you to resist all spells for 5 sec. Does not remove effects that prevent you from using Cloak of Shadows.

5 Seconds
    He referenced the Glyph and said if you have Preparation (which he did state was better against Warriors).

Deleted
    Okay, so, due to the amount of responses to this topic, (I honestly thought it would end in ''QQmoar, l2p, go reroll'' etc..) I'll explain the exact situation :
    This happened in 2v2 arena, me playing rogue priest vs priest warrior. (playing as mut btw)
    Right, what happened was as follows :
    -Priest has no cooldowns nor trinket, I am about to burst him down with my own cds
    -Warrior shockwaves me and priest kites
    -I get out of shockwave and shadowstep the priest for the kill
    -Warrior charges me
    -I instantly blind and redirect, expecting his trinket to happen and follow with a kidney shot
    -He trinkets, pops retaliation+offensives
    -I attempt to kidney him from behind, but due to latency he parries
    -Same goes for dismantle, shiv.
    -Having nothing else to rely on, i try to kite the warrior's charge, but since he parries my autoattacks crip doesn't proc
    -I end up being slowed and not able to kite or cc the warrior in any form.
    -I die to a warrior who previously trinketed gouge. And then a shiv root.

Thanks for the feedback though.

PS: I had no other cooldowns and priest had grip on cd from helping me sap the priest before to get his trinket off. Those parries+latency+slow doomed me.
    I honestly don't think it was a GG from the warrior anyway.

You(and your priest) got outplayed, thank you for clarifying.

I doubt he trinketed gouge, it was probably Berserker Rage(meaning your priest could have feared him with Psychic Scream or Psyfiend), and you wasted blind if it got to that point and he hadn't used his CDs.

Take it as a lesson, and move on. There is nothing wrong with these abilities being usable at the same time, just like there is nothing wrong with a Rogue covering a kill s.dance with cloak.

You[COLOR="#800000"]
    Take it as a lesson, and move on. There is nothing wrong with these abilities being usable at the same time, just like there is nothing wrong with a Rogue covering a kill s.dance with cloak.
    so i can now cover my burst with bubble now? ok.

i don't like the whole idea of defensive and offensive cooldowns being usable at the same time, or offensive cooldowns imparting control immunities.

my dk plays unholy primarily, a trick we've used in the past is to frenzy me, making me immune to a lot of cc unless it can be shived off, and then to ams to immune himself. against a lot of inexperienced teams we could rush down healers or gain momentum early in the match simply because we immuned their attempts to control us with out sacrificing significant offensive power.

i've had lots of warriors use dbts to cover their burst against me, i'm fairly sure some of the less experienced ones macro it into their oneshot macro since disarm protection isn't necessary against a lot of comps but being gibbed by something that is immune to a lot of forms of control is not compelling game play.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

I'd say it's situational. Also, Cloak is a bit of a different cooldown than DbS. Cloak prevents all Spell CC, while DbS prevents Melee CC (from the front).

Edit: I'm tired. I saw how it works. Deleted the quote because I'm a fucking moron c:
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-12-19 at 09:14 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    You(and your priest) got outplayed, thank you for clarifying.

I doubt he trinketed gouge, it was probably Berserker Rage(meaning your priest could have feared him with Psychic Scream or Psyfiend), and you wasted blind if it got to that point and he hadn't used his CDs.

He DID trinket gouge. Not zerk rage, i know the difference.
    You don't seem to have understood the situation. He just popped every single cd and i couldnt stop him because of latency and parries. We were not outplayed. We did outplay them in every other arena, and even in that single one, with the exception of that part, which was simply absurd.
    As I recall, at least in cata, and wotlk, (and BC?) retaliation and reck had a 30s cd or something, or at least could not be used at the same point but could after the duration of one ended.

Also, getting a kill by using offensives + cloak is hard, because it means that there are casters of some kind, which usually can slow you, cc you from the distance, making it harder to close the gap to your target without sacrificing shadowstep or some cd that can make you unable to reach him. (eg : mage blinks, you shadowstep, something roots you and mage kites)
    Thus, using cloak makes you vulnerable to their nuke.
    Also, when cloaked you're still vulnerable to melee and their cc.
    Last edited by mmoc3b9df2aeaa; 2012-12-19 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    OP thinks he's skilled 'cause he killed Warriors in 4.3 ... funny

There are many problems with the warrior class. Shockwave and Second Wind ring the loudest. This really isn't one of those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirafu View Post
    He DID trinket gouge. Not zerk rage, i know the difference.
    You don't seem to have understood the situation. He just popped every single cd and i couldnt stop him because of latency and parries. We were not outplayed. We did outplay them in every other arena, and even in that single one, with the exception of that part, which was simply absurd.
    As I recall, at least in cata, and wotlk, (and BC?) retaliation and reck had a 30s cd or something, or at least could not be used at the same point but could after the duration of one ended.

Also, getting a kill by using offensives + cloak is hard, because it means that there are casters of some kind, which usually can slow you, cc you from the distance, making it harder to close the gap to your target without sacrificing shadowstep or some cd that can make you unable to reach him. (eg : mage blinks, you shadowstep, something roots you and mage kites)
    Thus, using cloak makes you vulnerable to their nuke.
    Also, when cloaked you're still vulnerable to melee and their cc.
    So tables are reversed from cata, nothing to see here.