Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    I solo'd Jin'Rokh last night, actually. Just make sure you damage totems down when you get thrown. Storm ele + searing for the first, Earth ele + searing for the second. At 686 ilvl on 10N, I only got two throws. if you need to make it through all four, you could start with glyphed fire ele, then storm, then earth, then fire again. Wolves also count, but I used them to help with heals instead of aggro table shenanigans.

Deleted
    Wall of text about ToT incoming !

Thanks for the tip ! After I got my 680 Stone of Fire from Alchemy and 2pc bonus, I decided to give another try to Throne of Thunder. Here's my recap, at 675 ilvl enhancement, if anyone is interested :

JinRokh is by far the hardest until Durumu, mostly because it is insanely bugged. In the end, I specced into Storm Elemental and kept one big elemental + wolves for each throw. Most of the time, if I had only the big elemental, the boss reset, and thanks to the 2pc bonus (which is outright amazing for soloing), I had wolves ready for each throw.
    Surprisingly, Horridon was a one-shot, mostly because the adds have really low health. I decided to burst the boss after the third door, and completely ignored Jalak.
    Council of elders was really annoying. I thought the "burst Sul" strat we used in Heroic when it was current content would lead to an easy kill, but it did not. The damage from the Empowered ice guy was too high. So I burst him instead, and specced into Call of the Elements to get a second Windwaĺk, necessary to get out of the sand pool.
    Tortos, Megaera and Ji-Kun were surprisingly trivial.

I won't cover the half a dozen exetremely rage-inducing deaths versus the snails.

Finally, I gave a few shots versus Durumu the Forgotten, (mostly for honor, and the few pets to collect in the end of the raid) and I got simply wrecked. As soon as the beam phase strated, damaged poured on me like rain. It felt like 100k damage per second lol. The fact that the beams' visual effects were heavily bugged did not help...

Anyway, if anyone knows a secret tactic for him, Sha of Anger, Galion, or Nalak, feel free to help
    Last edited by mmoc0899dd50c7; 2015-03-17 at 04:04 PM.

Hello everyone!
    Just rushed into ToT normal too but did more progress than previous poster (8/12 so far, didn't even tried DA).
    As usually, wearing gear from resto-spec (so much mastery...) and some highmaul-heroic enha gear.
    Talents were the same for all bosses: astral shift, windwalk, EM, AG, PE, magma; glyph of frost shock, wolves and lightning shiled.
    1. As said above, Jin'rokh is the hardest one of six first. The main thing is that boss evades when he throws you and has no one to target instead. So for first throw you will still have fire ele up, save your earth ele for second throw. Second bug is the shit when after being thrown, boss "grips" you and you can't use any ability during ~10s, so i used shamanistic and placed HST just before throw. Surviving this bug second time means boss kill.
    2. Horridon is a joke after previous boss. Focus on killing adds on each gates. Surviving is not the problem for the whole fight, as before 2nd gate you don't have much stacks, and after that boss have 100% incoming damage debuff means that your wolves and AG heals 100% more making your surviving easier. I ran through 3 gates (3rd were the hardest as off the adds' stacks for 5min, try to kite them to avoid some stacks), then just lust, cds and burn.
    3. Council of Elders becomes a joke too when you understand the mechanics of the fight. First time pop all cds and burn Malakk, so you shouldn't get that shitty debuff that should be splitted and not get stunned. Rotating windwalk totem and spirit walk is more that enough to free from sands, if you don't like playing echo. After Malakk is dead, your primary target becomes "overcharged" Mar'li, so you don't get any dark spirits. Other mechanics are trivial.
    4. Tortos is a joke, just burn him and kill one turtle to kick breath.
    5. Megaera is same as Tortos, just "kill and heal". Try to avoid getting stunned by timing ice breath (but shouldn't be a problem if got). My choice was to ignore blue head and kill read and green one by one.
    6. Kill one nest and kill boss.
    7. Here fun starts. Durumu is all about timing and is the first dps-check boss. First of all, you will get all 3 beams when spectrum phase starts, meaning that yellow beam will deal extremally high damage to you as you cannot stand in it and do red beam in same time. This means that you have not much time to complete the phase.
    Second shit is that after first death beam ends, like 10-15s after you will get healing beam. Even if you manage to survive it, boss will heal for around 50%, meaning that you should complete another spectrum phase, which sounds impossible.
    Third is that you should reset your stacks to have a possibility to heal yourself.
    Here's my tactics for this boss:
    1) Ele, wolves, prepot, lust, pull, pop everything you have on boss, ignore first 2-3 stacks, but stand as far from boss as you can. When you leave melee, boss will target next player or pet on aggrolist, so he will put his next stack on elemental or wolf. After 3rd stack spectrum phase starts.
    2) All attention to red fogs that indicate position of 3 red adds, you will not have much time to find adds, as it was in LFR sometime. You should also choose the right order of killing red adds and position yourself to the first add rightly. This picture shows how to do it: http://i.imgur.com/fi7As1z.png. Choose two adds which stands closer to each other, kill one of it then move to the second and kill it, pop shamanistic while running to the second add. Then pop spirit walk, shift, hst, wolves should also get off cd if you have 4pieces, kill the last add, then heal a bit, as you will complete spectrum with <20%hp.
    3) 10s after spectrum phase starts, fire ele will run out and you must remember to pop earth elemental instead.
    4) Don't touch the boss while beams are active, you don't want to get melee hits as additional damage, let elementals tank.
    5) Completing spectrum right means like 70% of success. Now the fight is all about resetting stacks by running back-forward, forcing Durumu put his stacks on our pets.
    6) After deathbeam phase overs, ascendance will get off-cd, pop potion, ascendance, AG and burn. Good luck on crits!
    7. Primordius is even more joke than horridon after jin'rokh. Stack 5 and burn.
    Didn't tried DA as said above, and don't want to, until someone creates a tactics of killing that shit.

My textwall is over, thanks for reading.
    P.S.: don't have any video, but can make next reset if anyone asks.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no tactic for Dark Animus, you just have to go full retardmode/bonkers and kill everything in sight without a second thought about stuff that could possibly go wrong:
    http://www.twitch.tv/tehknall/c/6424014

update: added the other bosses ( and my god, some of them I really fucked up and just killed them because of gear ) as Highlights to my twitch channel:
    http://www.twitch.tv/tehknall/profile

Stopped after Dark Animus, going to sleep now and will try the remaining bosses this afternoon
    Last edited by Sezerek; 2015-03-29 at 04:45 AM.

Yep, kite&nuke tactics really works, killed DA in couple of pulls. But u got 2 large anima golems, i got 1 instead by killing all small golems around the entrance allowing anima to go to big ones, then killing all big golems near one large golem. Enrage timer here stays nearly the same but this reduces damage taken, allowing to focus on dps and kill boss faster.

Deleted
    Hi everyone, i'm quite new here and I wondering why we can't solo Will of the emperor (as mentionned up) ?
    I tried and it was a fail, elemental or enhancement didn't change nothing at all, is this just because of the amount of physics damage ? (this is what killed me) or is this other parameters ahead on the fight ?

Thank you in advance for answers guys !

probably due to the adds with shields, as well as having to tank both bosses on top of each other, so the slashes are hard to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjash View Post
    -snip- Will of the Emperor stuff -snip-
    I think I will give it a try next ID,havent tried it ever since I got my Elegon mount (hate me guys) and I'm getting sick of this bastard called Iron Qon an will probably not try this one next time (also got my jikun mount this id -hate me more-) so there is no reason for doing more stuff then up to Horridon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I think I will give it a try next ID,havent tried it ever since I got my Elegon mount (hate me guys) and I'm getting sick of this bastard called Iron Qon an will probably not try this one next time (also got my jikun mount this id -hate me more-) so there is no reason for doing more stuff then up to Horridon.
    so you only needed ~10 kills for both mounts? that's less kills than i do every single fcking week /ihateyou
    gz

Deleted
    Hi!

I've been gone since early Cata so I'm completely clueless on this matter, but is it possible to solo grind the Dark Shaman set from SoO? Never did SoO myself, so no idea what sort of challenges lie therein.. But zomg, that set looks awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will of the Emperor was a massive letdown, derped around and it was still a firsttry k.o. for these dudes.
    Hardest part was the realization that I hat forgotten how the damn dance works.
    http://www.twitch.tv/tehknall/c/6500793

/cheer for the outgearing

Quote Originally Posted by Vuduka View Post
    Hi!

I've been gone since early Cata so I'm completely clueless on this matter, but is it possible to solo grind the Dark Shaman set from SoO? Never did SoO myself, so no idea what sort of challenges lie therein.. But zomg, that set looks awesome.
    I'm pretty sure this journey will end with the two cannons you need to use simultanous on galakras?
    Last edited by Sezerek; 2015-04-08 at 06:50 PM.