Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shats View Post
    You say they're dumbed down, but then you go on to describe all the tactics you had to use to complete them. This isn't Wrath - they aren't adding heroic 5-man content with each content patch. You can gear up to 60+ ilvls above the max gear you can get from heroic 5 mans - what do you expect? Solo the current heroic scenarios in 5.4 and then you can complain about soloing heroic content in the current expansion.
    They're dumbed down for the intended audience of 5 player groups, the very fact that I could solo them (without being a DK also) in the middle of the expansion is testament to that - try doing that at all in any other expansion, in Cata for example the normals were difficult to solo at the end of the expansion (heroics were impossible).

And it doesn't matter about being 60+ ilvls above the gear you can get from them, fact is the bosses still hit harder than anything up to and including T11 normals in Cata (probably beyond but I've not attempted T12/13 yet) and they're much higher level at the same time (meaning more armour and higher defences etc.) so it's not "expected" at all for that particular reason. But if you knew anything about shammy soloing you'd realise how tough it can get, and the fact that tactics need to be developed for stuff that is facerolled with 5 people. (so stop trolling and bashing my feats)

oh and btw, the mobs in normal scenarios hit for the same as the mobs out in the world do...so I can't see the heroic ones being too tough either (in fact the only time I've died in the hc ones is when I pull too many mobs w/o cd's or miss a mechanic etc.) - the only reason I haven't done any scenario soloing yet is because of the stupid amount of hassle it takes to set it up, given there's no way to enter w/o queuing.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-06-13 at 10:52 PM.

Point is: The role of hard 5 man content isn't filled by heroics but by challenge modes. The heroics were never intended to be as hard as in expansions past as they're more a convenient step in the gearing process than a way to entertain people seeking to overcome difficult content.
    That said I still say good work on soloing them.

Just posting to confirm that Lich King 25HC is indeed soloable by Enha shamans. Will likely update this post with how I did it when I wake up.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Did the first half of Dragon Soul last night (the rest won't be done for obvious reasons).

Morchok is a real challenge due to the stomps (675k ignoring armour), basically you need +sta flask/food and either soak them with shift/rage (not both at once) or use sprint to run away from them. Most of the time you'll be kiting, as you can outrun 2 in a row if he's at one end of the road and also you can outrun the first 1 after BBotE (again, if he's at one end of the road and you run all the way to the other). So I mapped the stomps like this:

Soak (rage), kite (sprint), kite (sprint), BBotE (stay in and nuke)
    Soak (shift), soak (rage), kite (sprint), kite (sprint), BBotE (run away)
    Kite (run away), soak (rage), kite (sprint), kite (sprint), BBotE (run away)

DPS cd's on the BBotE where you stay in (minus fire ele who gets used at the start), healing CD's when necessary (you will get low on health quite a bit, wolves while kiting is helpful) and repeat the 3rd cycle until he gets below ~30%, at which point stay in the next BBotE and blow all cd's to nuke him before the first furious stomp. (which might be soakable with shift/rage together but don't risk getting that far)

Zon'ozz is tricky until you learn how to bounce the ball - run to it when it spawns (sprint is better), then run the other way and move the boss so he's in between and he should take it every time. The tough bit is when he stacks enrage before bringing the ball...save your cd's for that, and because of the incoming damage I wouldn't recommend trying to bounce the ball more than once each time.

Yor'sahj is easy as pie, just kill the yellow if it spawns and the black if it doesn't. If you get both, kill the yellow and single target the adds (use extra cd's), if you get neither just stay on the boss. The stacking void bolt doesn't hurt too much but I'd have cd's ready for the back end of each phase just in case.

Hagara is a funny one. Firstly you need frost phase, as unsurprisingly you can't solo lightning phase (if she has lightning axes just wipe until they are frost). Open the fight in full turbo (fire ele->wolves->prepot->EM->pull with ascendance->SL, do NOT use hero) and you'll get anything from 1/3 - 1/4 of her health depending on gear. When the frost phase comes, kill 3 crystals, put a FS on the 4th and run round the ring until everything is off CD again. Then put a FS on the 4th crystal, target the boss and turbo again the instant she becomes active (pull with prepot+EM+ascendance->fire ele->hero->SL->wolves) and watch her health drop. Use /petattack macro for the ice tomb (she will target you) and she's down before the lightning phase.

Any1 had any luck with yogg saron 25man 0lights? Ive spent hours of wiping at it and hoping for good rng but I couldnt get her below 24% with perfect rng because of how many adds there were in p2..

Deleted
    How's Elemental for soloing?

Deleted
    Just started Naxx 25 and am looking for some tips on getting past Patchwerk. I've blown up the other bosses with no real difficulty but am having a lot of trouble surviving against him. His damage just seems to eat me alive, even with cooldowns up.

Playing as both Enhance(ilvl498) and Ele(ilvl524). All help appreciated.

Deleted
    And the tour of Cata 10 content is complete with a trip to Firelands:

Shannox was another fight on the bleeding edge of soloing, not helped by the fact that you need to turbo Rageface at the beginning to prevent more than 1 stun being applied (use /petattack macro to break out) which means the boss does 30% more dmg throughout the entire fight. Once that is down you need the boss down to near 30% before Riplimb dies. The jagged tear doesn't hurt that much, but you need to reset at least a couple of times during the fight (typically between 15-20 stacks) by popping sprint and running a long way (I went between the flat area near Beth's trash and the instance gate). Ideally the boss should be under 35% and Riplimb under 10% after one of these kites (which it was for me), at which point blow CD's, finish off Riplimb and nuke the boss while praying you have the luck and CD's left to survive. (he hits VERY hard at this point)

Beth'tilac wasn't too bad but with a hairy ending. Taunt a spinner down (like you hopefully did when it was current content) go up with rage popped and stay there. Try to stay on the thick web lines as much as possible (to avoid the invisible hole bug that is STILL there) and have rage/SBT up for smoldering devastation, which takes ~350k if you do. She automatically goes down at ~10%, at which point jump down and pop everything to burst and survive (again, she hits VERY hard at this point plus there's a ton of spinners shooting at you and maybe some drones nearby too).

Rhyolith I kinda fudged a bit due to the class flaw of handling lots of adds with low hp (nova is fine but a target switch is recommended), together with the fact you can't stay off the boss that long or you might miss something or go off the edge (damage is also fairly intense due to the stacking fire debuff along with fire lines and the big add). I managed to take out 3 volcanoes then decided to just turn him on the spot and push p2, which was fairly simple once you've stabilised after the end of p1.

Alysrazor can be done in a single phase if you're lucky. Pop everything at the start, take the 3rd feather and pull up totems once she starts flying up. From there it's just a case of flying around and staying close to her (or she despawns as I found out), once you have the 25 stacks pop your remaining CD's (you should have EM/ascendance at the very least) and hope she dies before the tornadoes take out your wings...if you do fall then hope you can finish her off with ascendance before the adds kill you :P (like I did)

you should add al'akir 10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post

Alysrazor can be done in a single phase if you're lucky. Pop everything at the start, take the 3rd feather and pull up totems once she starts flying up. From there it's just a case of flying around and staying close to her (or she despawns as I found out), once you have the 25 stacks pop your remaining CD's (you should have EM/ascendance at the very least) and hope she dies before the tornadoes take out your wings...if you do fall then hope you can finish her off with ascendance before the adds kill you :P (like I did)
    One helpful thing I have found out is that I use EoE/UF and change my Bad Juju to Rune of Reorigination (happened to get that in lfr, its actually pretty nice for this). Pop fire ele and wolves at start, collect feathers before Alys starts to fly up. When im in the air I dismiss ele and just keep on her tail and after 2nd sweep across the room, I pop lust, and Ascendance when she's at around 30%. With Rune, feather buffs and lust, the haste rating is really really ridiculous. This way there is no need for tornado phase at least for me.

Even if you can't do it in one air phase, you can just fly to the hill (clear it before hand) and heal through the damage. As a shaman, we have a lot of healing, so it makes it a complete joke. Then, just stay near the top and when she rushes you, you'll feel her wrath for a few seconds, she'll drop the feathers, fly up again and you can finish her off. I have a video, but it isn't needed. Pretty straight forward in my explanation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Just started Naxx 25 and am looking for some tips on getting past Patchwerk. I've blown up the other bosses with no real difficulty but am having a lot of trouble surviving against him. His damage just seems to eat me alive, even with cooldowns up.

Playing as both Enhance(ilvl498) and Ele(ilvl524). All help appreciated.
    Patchwerk is the same as he always was...a gear check, although I did find it kinda weird that he hits for exactly the same on a lvl 90 dps as he did on a lvl 80 tank. I remember getting owned when I first tried at 90 (cleared the rest apart from Gluth at the time), but I can't remember what ilvl I had when I stomped him and Gluth a few months back. What talents/glyphs are you using as enh?

edit: looking back at the thread I might've had the 4xT15 and ilvl 522, but even so he went down easy. But if you want to try the bosses after him (Gluth is hard btw), switch to 10 and kill him before switching back to 25.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-06-19 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    What talents/glyphs are you using as enh?
    Using SBT, WWT, CotE, EotE, AG and PE
    Glyphs are Healing Storm, Lightning Shield and wolves

Was considering swapping out a couple of pieces to get the 2pPvP but I'd be dumping 522 pieces for 476 ones so not sure if it's a good idea. I don't have any enhance t15 pieces yet as it's my raiding OS but should be able to start collecting this week even if it's just from LFR.

Last question, do you think it's worth going UF instead of PE and using Rockbiter on the OH? Was pulling about 110k dps against him so think I should be well within the enrage, it's more about mitigating/out healing his dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Just posting to confirm that Lich King 25HC is indeed soloable by Enha shamans. Will likely update this post with how I did it when I wake up.
    WTB more information on this!

Deleted
    Currently trying if Conclave of wind is doable in any way.
    I can get Rohash down easily (at around 20% when he spawns the tornadoes), but it seems to bug out and despawn if i go north platform -> west platform. And I get pretty gimped if i try to kill Nezir 2nd. So currently i'm workin on killing Anshal 2nd by going to south platform and then west.
    It seems it's pretty much a must to start on Rohash as i tried on Anshal 1st, even though i can heal, i'm silenced and it takes too long to kill it without spells, not to mention you cant still heal until you get back to Rohash.
    Last edited by mmocf1f5ba6e9b; 2013-06-19 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    WTB more information on this!
    Oh shi- Sorry.

Talents: Stone Bulwark, Totemic Restoration, AS, Conductivity and UF.

Glyhps: Healing Storm, Lightning Shield and Flame Shock.

P1: Just pop everything and blast the boss to 70% before he can spawn a 3rd Shambling Horror.

T1: Run up to the throne and focus the spirits while cleaving down the remaining horror(s).

P2: Just survive really.

T2: T1. Just kill the spirit up at the throne.

P3: Kill boss and collect lewtz.
    Last edited by Razecog; 2013-06-20 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added some stuff.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Oh shi- Sorry.

Talents: Stone Bulwark, Totemic Restoration, AS, Conductivity, UF.

P1: Just pop everything and blast the boss to 70% before he can spawn a 3rd Shambling Horror.

T1: Run up to the throne and focus the spirits while cleaving down the remaining horror(s).

P2: Just survive really.

T2: T1. Just kill the spirit up at the throne.

P3: Kill boss and collect lewtz.
    thats it? sounds way too simple but meh i'll give it a shot soon.
    your glyphs i assume: healing storm, fire ele, feral spirit?
    do the gnomes from bad juju mess this up?

im managing to get into T1 with 3 big guys and not much further so far .. 530ilv

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 12:58 PM ----------

After a night full of attempts, this morning LK is going better and better.
    http://imgur.com/Q1i9k6R
    soooo close i can taste it!
    T1 is the hardest so far, I can manage every other phase quite well but random deaths occur in T1.
    going with Flame shock, Lightning shield & Healing storm glyphs,
    SBT, CoE, AS, Cond, UF.
    Actually my best attempt I used EM/PE.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 02:38 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/gJzdySn.jpg
    aaalmost. just those 3% more and it would have been a kill. too bad most of the glyphs are mandatory so i cant really use FE glyph. in last phase almost 30s goes to waste :/

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 03:10 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/r7RXVsD.jpg
    done. friggin done finally. it is doable..
    Last edited by mmocf1f5ba6e9b; 2013-06-20 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    thats it? sounds way too simple but meh i'll give it a shot soon.
    your glyphs i assume: healing storm, fire ele, feral spirit?
    do the gnomes from bad juju mess this up?

im managing to get into T1 with 3 big guys and not much further so far .. 530ilv

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 12:58 PM ----------

After a night full of attempts, this morning LK is going better and better.
    http://imgur.com/Q1i9k6R
    soooo close i can taste it!
    T1 is the hardest so far, I can manage every other phase quite well but random deaths occur in T1.
    going with Flame shock, Lightning shield & Healing storm glyphs,
    SBT, CoE, AS, Cond, UF.
    Actually my best attempt I used EM/PE.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 02:38 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/gJzdySn.jpg
    aaalmost. just those 3% more and it would have been a kill. too bad most of the glyphs are mandatory so i cant really use FE glyph. in last phase almost 30s goes to waste :/

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 03:10 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/r7RXVsD.jpg
    done. friggin done finally. it is doable..
    Wops. Forgot to mention glyphs. ._.'

Healing Storm, Lightning Shield and Flame Shock.

Really nice job btw. :]
    Last edited by Razecog; 2013-06-20 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    Seriously getting excited to try this out in the weekend!

Any of you got Invincible yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Seriously getting excited to try this out in the weekend!

Any of you got Invincible yet?
    We'll see later today. :P