Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What minimum itemlevel should I have to start thinking about Lich King 25HC?

I currently have itemlevel 524 (raidfinder+valor+cape) as an elemental shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Santeka View Post
    T1:
    The most difficult part of the fight. Stand on the stairway to the throne and focus the Raging Spirits down one by one (3 will spawn). Constantly move so the 5s silence wont hit you and dont forget you need to heal yourself aswell. You dont need to care about the frost orbs, as they do little dmg and wont kick you (stairs).
    This has just been demolishing me, so I came back here and noticed you said to move constantly, which I either missed the first time I read your post, or just plain forgot. Is this because they stop to cast Soul Shriek in whichever direction they start the cast? I hadn't noticed this.

Deleted
    Just as said in my guide, if you can push him to 70% before the 3rd Horrors spawns, you're fine with your dps. I didnt pulled this of with 535 (no cloak) on my first trys, Now with 548 i have about ~2 min on enrage left at my kills, so i assume you wont have enough dps.

The hitbox from Soul Shriek is incredibly low. Actually, most of time the difference in altitude bc of the stairs is enough to not get hit, but it needs a little bit micro of your position to do so, so i assumed its easier to just move during the phase and hope to not get hit. If your reaction is fast enough, you can only move while they cast it and not get hit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you by the way considered using Necrotic Plague when the second Shambling Horror spawns to reduce the amount of killing time of the Horrors and have more time focussing on the Raging Spirits? You can enforce one Necrotic Plague if you put down Earth Elemental Totem.

Edit: I just read yours, I am at 529 ilvl, but I do simply lack DPS for it, seems like 6 more items level is than a huge difference. (Though it's mixed as resto is main spec and I use resto items, making me way hit over capped (26%)).
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Me thinks Lich King 25 heroic will be much more doable come the next tier for elemental. Because currently, unless you're running heroic ToT, I don't think you have the dps.

Managed to solo up to last boss in jade temple hc as ele. Havent tried any other instances yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Me thinks Lich King 25 heroic will be much more doable come the next tier for elemental. Because currently, unless you're running heroic ToT, I don't think you have the dps.
    Actually if the changes to Conductivity hold up, I'm not sure it will be possible at all for Ele when 5.4 hits. Currently the only reason I can survive is the healing from Conductivity.

Deleted
    any luck on ultraxion solos?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Actually if the changes to Conductivity hold up, I'm not sure it will be possible at all for Ele when 5.4 hits. Currently the only reason I can survive is the healing from Conductivity.
    Well, that's kind of a bummer. My ilvl is only 526, so I was hoping, maybe come next tier, that would help. I guess we will have to wait and see for sure.

Deleted
    The pony just won't drop.

Dammit Arthas!

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    any luck on ultraxion solos?
    49% on best try. I didn't have RPPM trinkets or flask/drums then so might manage to do it now.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody able to show or tell how to pull thorim 25, as honestly, I do exactly the same way in 10-man, in 10-man it works flawlessly, but in 25-man, it just completly fucks me over.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Anybody able to show or tell how to pull thorim 25, as honestly, I do exactly the same way in 10-man, in 10-man it works flawlessly, but in 25-man, it just completly fucks me over.
    Thorim don't work on 25 and I have no clue why. Would actually like to know it myself.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Was bored and did some solo content as ele.
    Cleared Bot and BWD normal, rather easy at my gear level (540) with Chimaeron only being hard (took about 2 hours to get him down).
    Also went to DS to see if Ultraxion is doable as ele; cleared the 1st 4 bosses but Ultraxion seems impossible atm , got him to 40%ish b4 instability starts to kick in, perhaps doable with SoO bis gear but the dps requirement is gonna be pretty high anyway.
    Finally gave a couple of hours to Yogg 25- 0 lights : trying with the same tactic an asian mage did some weeks ago, the only thing that blocked me were constrictor tentacles as we don't (as ele) have any ability that has no facing requirements that deals enought dmg (EQ and UE but that's about it), i made a macro with /tar conscrictor /cast ES but worked only when they grab me from the front, useless when they do from behind which basically leads to a lot of RNG, in a fight where RNG is king already.
    If there'll be a way to work around the constrictors, with enough gear (ToT bis or something like that should work) it might be doable to farm mimiron's head , but for the moment i'm rly out of ideas (Fele gets stunned for the duration of squeeze , also tried to use WW totem hoping it did something...).

Quote Originally Posted by Sbronz View Post
    Was bored and did some solo content as ele.
    Cleared Bot and BWD normal, rather easy at my gear level (540) with Chimaeron only being hard (took about 2 hours to get him down).
    Also went to DS to see if Ultraxion is doable as ele; cleared the 1st 4 bosses but Ultraxion seems impossible atm , got him to 40%ish b4 instability starts to kick in, perhaps doable with SoO bis gear but the dps requirement is gonna be pretty high anyway.
    Finally gave a couple of hours to Yogg 25- 0 lights : trying with the same tactic an asian mage did some weeks ago, the only thing that blocked me were constrictor tentacles as we don't (as ele) have any ability that has no facing requirements that deals enought dmg (EQ and UE but that's about it), i made a macro with /tar conscrictor /cast ES but worked only when they grab me from the front, useless when they do from behind which basically leads to a lot of RNG, in a fight where RNG is king already.
    If there'll be a way to work around the constrictors, with enough gear (ToT bis or something like that should work) it might be doable to farm mimiron's head , but for the moment i'm rly out of ideas (Fele gets stunned for the duration of squeeze , also tried to use WW totem hoping it did something...).
    Another way of dealing with the constrictor tentacles is being really close to another tentacle and using chain lightning which can cleave onto the constrictor but thats quite rng depending on which side the tentacle picks you up from.
    Im still working on the kill but what i mainly did on the constrictors was to kill the first instantly by precasting earthquake magma totem and using thundershock as soon as you get gripped, then leave the second up with low hp until the brain portals open and kill it asap. That way you can enter the brain room without getting picked up again. The problem with this strategy is that theres literally hundreds of tentacles to deal with in p3 and you can quickly get overwelmed with stuns etc. Yea next patch I think this will be doable without a problem.

Just solo'd LK 25 heroic as elemental, 540 ilvl. Transitions was by far the biggest hurdle, bad silences can really fuck you over . Untill now I hadn't been bothered with the upcoming Conductivity change, but it makes me sad this might not be killable in 5.4 because of it...

Anyone coming close on yogg0 yet? Thinking of trying it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonurus View Post
    Just solo'd LK 25 heroic as elemental, 540 ilvl. Transitions was by far the biggest hurdle, bad silences can really fuck you over . Untill now I hadn't been bothered with the upcoming Conductivity change, but it makes me sad this might not be killable in 5.4 because of it...

Don't recomend trying it. If a tentacle grabs you the only thing that can get you out is Unleash and on 25 0 lights it takes like 50% of its HP max as Enh, slowing you down alot on P1 and you get overrun by tentacles before even entering the brain room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Don't recomend trying it. If a tentacle grabs you the only thing that can get you out is Unleash and on 25 0 lights it takes like 50% of its HP max as Enh, slowing you down alot on P1 and you get overrun by tentacles before even entering the brain room.
    Good thing hes elemental xD. Has earthquake, thunderstorm, unleash and magma totem. Still lacking somewhat but better than enhancement's arsenal of spells.

My best attempt so far is 24%, 521 ilevel but I was getting overwelmed with adds in p3 and still didnt get all the tentacles from p1 down.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-07-09 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    My best attempt so far is 24%, 521 ilevel but I was getting overwelmed with adds in p3 and still didnt get all the tentacles from p1 down.
    Allright, I'll give it a few tries and see how it goes. If anything I'll get some practice untill I have the gear that makes it doable.

How do you even get through P1 without going Insane? I've been trying this with 4 people and someone always goes insane before the brain room even opens, usually 2 people. I know that it supposedly stops shooting beams when everyone is at 40 insanity or less, but it seems to take a minute or so for it to register that, so you still get shot by a few before they stop. I've seen people with immunities, like Ice Block or Divine Shield pop them when they hit 40 so they don't get hit by those extras before it winds down and stops shooting you, but our group of 4 has no one with an immunity, unfortunately.