Demonology Warlock hitcap

Hi,
    I have a Warlock friend that insisted on having 13-14% hit is the way to go for Demonology Warlock, I've been searching for every guide on the Internet and actually can't find any justification for this, my friend said he read about the 13-14% hit in this MMO-Champion forum... so... my question is..... is this true?

Deleted
    nope \o/\o/\o/

The only justification that I can see for not hitting spell hit cap is if you do not plan on raiding in any sense and are only sticking to dungeons and what not. However, if you are raiding, there is no reason to have less than hit cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    He might be confusing specs. Affliction it the one that doesn't need to cap; for which most people throw around the 13-14% number.

Deleted
    Or depending on the racial since there is some certain racials which gives 1% exp to certain weapons..

Deleted
    idd, for destro and demo reaching the hitcap is the priority, for affliction it comes down to preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo and Destro are both too reliant on big nukes hitting to take a chance on going below hitcap. Affliction, with all it's instants and channels has this problem to a much lesser degree.

Thanks for all the answer, my friend is Undead so I don't think it's the racial, I'll just stick to 15% for now ^.^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumpat3133 View Post
    The only justification that I can see for not hitting spell hit cap is if you do not plan on raiding in any sense and are only sticking to dungeons and what not. However, if you are raiding, there is no reason to have less than hit cap.
    nice avatar btw

The only justification for being under cap (15%) as Demo is IF he gains enough secondary stats to outdo the DPS lost from missing spells. For Affliction, Mastery and Haste scale incredibly well and most misses only cost a GCD, thus the ability to ignore the hit cap if one chooses.