View Poll Results: FTP cap extended with restrictions?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Level cap 60

8 40.00%
  • Yes. Level cap 40.

5 25.00%
  • No.

6 30.00%
  • Depends on restrictions

1 5.00%

Lightbulb Is it time to move forward in the FTP lvl cap?

What are your guys thoughts on Blizzard making the FTP level bumped from 20 to 60? I see a whole world of ideas on what this can bring for new/existing players.

I don't want to make this another bring back 60 servers because it fixes that problem in a way. New players would have a better feel of the game before they may decide to pay for more of the game, and More content to explore. More fun to be had.

The population and popularity would most likely be boosted when this happens. They could alter restrictions when a player reaches level 60 allowing them to use a single line in general for getting raid groups flowing, among other things. I know it's a lot easier now then it was back then, but it's a start in the right direction in my opinion.

I don't know if a topic such as mine has been discussed before. I look at forums and see bring back this and bring back that. I'd like to think of my idea as more unique to the situation. How about just extending on the current game mode available to free users?

Discuss.

My thread was also just posted on the offical forums Here I'm looking to get feedback on this subject in different locations.

Poll added.
    Last edited by Blitzo; 2012-12-16 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Added a poll.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

WoW characters:
    Greed [Priest] -
    Blitzo[Warrior] -Rex[Hunter] -Jax [Paladin] -
    Gluttony [Mage]

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    What are your guys thoughts on Blizzard making the FTP level bumped from 20 to 60? I see a whole world of ideas on what this can bring for new/existing players.

I don't want to make this another bring back 60 servers because it fixes that problem in a way. New players would have a better feel of the game before they may decide to pay for more of the game, and More content to explore. More fun to be had.

The population and popularity would most likely be boosted when this happens. They could alter restrictions when a player reaches level 60 allowing them to use a single line in general for getting raid groups flowing, among other things. I know it's a lot easier now then it was back then, but it's a start in the right direction in my opinion.

I don't know if a topic such as mine has been discussed before. I look at forums and see bring back this and bring back that. I'd like to think of my idea as more unique to the situation. How about just extending on the current game mode available to free users?

Discuss.

My thread was also just posted on the offical forums Here I'm looking to get feedback on this subject in different locations.
    Personally I agree with it if they maybe all 1-60 or even 1-70 f2p it would get more people hooked into playing wow. Hell I would come back just to play the 1-60/1-70 content for fun.

I have said it for awhile but I give it to the end of MOP/Start of the next x-pac they change there f2p/Free trial system to something like that. Personally I would love it and make a guild for said content just for fun.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-12-16 at 04:26 AM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID/Friend Code: Jtbrig7390 No FC at this time.
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

It'd be nice if they upped it from 20, but it seems alot of low level stuff has been changed SPECIFICALLY to get people to sub.

I've had a trial account for a while and before MOP, with the way the spells were given to you, you seemed to get alot more. You don't tend to get your 2nd or 3rd signature spell until level 22, thus making you go "oh, screw it, let's sub!" in order to have a more fun play style. The way talents now work, actually giving you a new spell helps this too, since it's only another 10 levels and you get something cool, where as before you had 6 points to play with mostly passive stuff.

I've recently created a Mage with the new MOP talents/spells and it's awfull. You get frostfire bolt, fireblast, frost nova and that's it for damage. Nothing else. You get polymorph, counterspell and a teleport to your races main city, but they won't help you kill things faster. I specced Arcane and i've only got Arcane Blast, Barrage and Exsplosion. I don't get Missiles untill 22, while Frost gets Fingers of Frost and Fire gets Improoved Fireblast at 22 also.

I'd love if they only upped the trial level cap to 30, since i'd get a few more spells to play around with, as well as a new BG (not sure on this, they unlock at every 10 levels now right?), but i don't think that'll happen. Trial accounts have been restricted with getting people to sub in mind and nothing else.

Being able to whisper and talk in general would be a lot more appreciated, maybe a cap of 40.

Would be fine by me. I'd just strongly disagree to the whole game becomming FTP. This idea seems fine :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

Quote Originally Posted by Devendra View Post
    Being able to whisper and talk in general would be a lot more appreciated, maybe a cap of 40.
    this sound like a great idea, but it shouldnt be done.
    else the gold spammers will massively make free-trial accounts, which makes their spam even worse then its now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devendra View Post
    Being able to whisper and talk in general would be a lot more appreciated.
    Yeah, I'd like that idea too, but because of gold spammers, I don't want this implemented. At least until the player reaches level 60. And even then, general should be heavily limited. Trade chat disabled.

WoW characters:
    Greed [Priest] -
    Gluttony [Mage]

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    this sound like a great idea, but it shouldnt be done.
    else the gold spammers will massively make free-trial accounts, which makes their spam even worse then its now.
    Well they could do something like set it up where you need to ether reach level 60/70 or play 50hrs to unlock trade chat then its like one post every 45sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well they could do something like set it up where you need to ether reach level 60/70 or play 50hrs to unlock trade chat then its like one post every 45sec.
    This would be a nice idea.

WoW characters:
    Greed [Priest] -
    Gluttony [Mage]

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    This would be a nice idea.
    There is ways to make it so gold spammers would not be a pain. also do it like on a f2p/free trial account you can only trade with someone if they open trade with you first.

Many different ways it could be done so gold spammers can't use it the way they want.

Also have it setup so f2p/trial accounts can't whisper you unless there on your friends list.

It feels a little greedy to say yes, but I'd love it if they decided to do something like that. I don't see it happening any time soon, however. Personally, I think just an extra 5 more levels would be great to give us access to glyphs. Sure we'd have to make our own, but that would spice things up quite a bit.

20 seems like the sweet spot to me, you get a decent amount of content (for it being free)
    while not giving so much as to defeat the purpose of buying the game.
    I mean, by lvl 20 you'll know if yo want to sub yet or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

You can quest to 60, but can only run instances and BGs available pre-20. You also get no talent choices.
    Sometimes I think I should have rolled a Priest....

I think that 20 is fine as said , you know by 20 if you will sub or not especially since you have the majority of race/factions available. I don't see the advantage to going to 60 as WoW isn't a FtP model.

New players need a hook and as said that's seeing more and by 60 that hook might have worn off and for returning players they know end game is the end goal for the most part so it won't hook them there either. What you end up with is a bunch of people that are only draining the resources both in and out of game of people who are subbed to it.