Poll: What race(s) do you think Blizzard dropped the ball on most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Oh right, drowning an army in overwhelming grief because you can't separate your emotions from your control over Nature is TOTALLY NOT Reckless.

curb your mouth and your attitude, especially since you are clueless about night elf lore. Malfurion isn't a leader of the Night Elves, he's a leader of DRUIDS. This is the problem with WoW Night Elf lore, clowns like you can't separate DRUID from NIGHT ELF. He was ASLEEP for 7000 years while Tyrande LED the Night Elf people during the Long Vigil. He had to be AWAKENED in WC3 to actually lend a hand bringing Nature into the fight. In WoW he went BACK TO SLEEP and was TRAPPED. Fandral took over his position as LEADER OF THE DRUIDS. When he returned he's still a NEUTRAL LEADER OF THE DRUIDS, and NOT a leader of the Night Elf people. He wasn't in WotA, he wasn't in WC3, and he isn't now.

Now cease spouting nonsense, it shows your ignorance of Night Elf lore and nothing more.
    lol wut? Malfurion is highest ranked amongst night elf society along with Tyrande after the sundering. He is leader of the druids AND NE. After The reason Tyrande led NE alone was just because the he had to sleep in ED. You know that people in Azeroth hold him in higher regard than Tyrande right? and you are still stubborn and think Mal is hot headed leader? He will do anything to prevent bloodshred. You know who the fuck stoped Tyrande from fighting the orcs in WC3 after they killed cenarius? lol You are clueless.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-12-16 at 07:21 AM.

I loved the Gilnean experience - bummed that we don't get to keep the city.

I'm bothered that Worgen can't be shamans and more importantly - they don't walk upright.

I hate their run animation, I wish they had kept the one from the original worgen.

I think worgen look terrible, the animations are even worse and they look ridiculous in gear. It was a cool concept, it just failed horribly. People complained about blood elves and draenei in BC, but at least they're still played a lot to this day. Worgen? Nope.

Worgen. A half-baked model and a storyline cut short at level 12. I think Blizzard needs to swallow their pride and fix both issues.

Deleted
    Worgen by far, their female model says it all. Their eyes are ridiculous as hell. New goblins look and voices are crappy too, the old goblins looked and sounded way better.

Deleted
    Worgen - played one and found the starting zone to be quite funny altough not up to the standard of my Goblins. Expected a follow up zone similar to Azshara and some presence in story and the world. Nothing like that happened. Had I not played through silverpine previously I wouldn't have known what was happened afterwards. The race is COMPLETLY forgotten after the starting zone.
    Goblins get Azshara and a town, altough not a capital and a part of Orgrimmar. Worgen get glitching errors, a horrible model rework, no mounts because Blizzard is lazy and a tree stump in Darnassus where nobody ever goes. Draenei 2.0 and one of the biggest mess ups by Blizzard in quite some time.

Draenei, after their starting zone they become utterly unimportant and nobody seems to even recognize they're there because they simply don't fit. Even in TBC they were only a secondary faction, their lore was given to Orcs and Blood Elfs (Tempes Keep, Oshogun) and unlike the Belfs who now get some light shed on them they aren't mentioned anywhere at all.
    Hell their leaders short story even makes their Alliance allegiance questionable, they're quite possible the worst enemies anyone could have and fit the sentence "They'll be there when they need you!" quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes, can't stand them
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Honestly, in what I have to assume is shocking contrast to the rest of the wow community, I think Blood Elves were well designed and that the males actually fall within the "too perfect" category. They're tall and thin with well-toned muscles, wide chests, chiseled jaws and wide shoulders. They are the very definition of what a "handsome man" is suppose to look like. There's nothing feminine about them by real world standards. If you saw a man with the "Christmas ham" shoulders and forearms with legs as big around as the Dwarf, Orc, Draenei and to some extent Human models in this game they'd likely shop at specialty stores and have their cloths costumed tailored in between visits to their doctor because no one is that big without a genetic defect.

What race have I been most disappointed in? Night Elves and Draenei. The Nelfs have fallen into supporting characters losing almost all of their warrior culture from WC3 and the Draenei can't get a major lore event to save their relevance.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Gnomes and Goblins by far. They're there for comedy relief and nothing else at the moment. Or to be fictional fodder to be stepped on in the case of Kinnidy.

They have almost no story attatched to them. Goblin story was barely a story to begin with. They don't even have Gallywix present in-game.

One could say they were already familliar territory and that they didn't need much covering since we've been working with the Steamwheedle cartell for lord knows how long now. But the fact remains: They get next to no notable characters and don't even have a plot to move. Gnomereggan is all they got, and that one hasn't moved an inch since Vanilla other than "We tried"

Deleted
    Blood Elves without a doubt. I hate Draenei with a passion but as much as it pains me to say it their lore isn't half-bad no matter how much it is retconned, and their in-game representation after TBC has been decent.
    Blood Elves have no place with the Horde, and the player population of them compared to that in the lore is just so off.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Blood Elves without a doubt. I hate Draenei with a passion but as much as it pains me to say it their lore isn't half-bad no matter how much it is retconned, and their in-game representation after TBC has been decent.
    Blood Elves have no place with the Horde, and the player population of them compared to that in the lore is just so off.
    What Dreanei Lore happened after TBC? Velen's Short story?

I don't see how you can think the Draenei can be "all right" when the Blood elves at least had the Reliquary going for them, and now are working pretty actively with the Orcs.

And the fact that half the Horde is Blood elves is due mainly to two reasons: They were at first the only race that could be paladins, and that they're the only male horde model that doesn't scream in agony for a chiropractor or a set of stilts. Cosmetics matter a lot to players, and Blood Elves got in spades.

Deleted
    It would have to be Worgen...

Why the hell couldn't they get the damn city as a hub? After the starting zones worgen are almost completely ignored (they make a small appearance in Hillsbrad, and that's it...)

Model-wise? Worgen, easily. The male worgen I can sort of play, but even the fact that they removed the calmer face from the worgen males when it went from beta to live is something I still have trouble swallowing. I really don't get why they removed it.

Female worgen are just downright insulting. We had a model that was -in comparison- great and it was changed to this.. monstriosity. And no, not a monstriosity in terms of being wild, but a monstriosity in terms of looking like a saturday morning cartoon character.

That isn't the worst part. The worst part is that Blizzard refuses to even answer us on this. They leave the people who wanted that model in the dark; not even giving them a "no" or a "yes" or a "we'll think about it" but just outright ignoring them.

It's one of those things that in the past has gotten me close to unsubscribing because it's just a display of a complete apparent lack of respect towards your customers altogether.

In terms of lore? Worgen are a great contender, with no home and half of their already scarce lore and storyline being given to the horde. Though, I'd like to argue that night elves have it worse. Yes, they may have a bigger spotlight, but these aren't even the real night elves. It's like they are prissy little schoolgirls in night elf disguise. Where are the amazonian women who kicked ass? Right now, all I see is a bunch of cheerleaders smooching and asskissing an incompetent human leader.
    Last edited by Yogg-Saron, God of Death; 2012-12-16 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    Gnomes. Blizzard failed at making them more interesting than they sound. their technology thingy is a major gap in WoW lore.

Lore-wise Draenei. They're part of what practically started WoW's lore, but Blizz dropped them after BC. Now they're just russian space-goats which females are played by the majority of male Alliance players who have no real-life girlfriends and watch Japanese anime.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2012-12-16 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Though, I'd like to argue that night elves have it worse. Yes, they may have a bigger spotlight, but these aren't even the real night elves. It's like they are prissy little schoolgirls in night elf disguise. Where are the amazonian women who kicked ass? Right now, all I see is a bunch of cheerleaders smooching and asskissing an incompetent human leader.
    Lorewise Night Elf males shouldn't be able to be warriors, and females shouldn't be able to be druids. It could be disregarded as a minor detail if not for the fact that their entire culture and history is based around that division... I'd say Night Elves are sharing the Gold Medal with the Worgen here...

Deleted
    I would say Tauren and Worgen, why ? because there is rarely a little bit of lore backing them up, neither big quest hubs who could tell the story behind both races.

Tauren: Im talking about bloodhooves and the Horde loyal rest, not the damn kill 15 grimtotem Tauren in every southern kalimdor region OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN !
    Cairne died, did we get an awesome event of his funeral ? No. Did we see how he died ? No. Did we noticed the grimtotem overtake of Thunderbluff in the game the slightest ? No. Are outthere any Tauren themed instances ? No. Are there even Quest hubs so we can here the story ? Yes, exactly one, Barrens which is okay - ish for me.

Worgen: There is........... oh yes 12 level Gilneas with "meh" storyline, was mentioned often enough here what did go wrong or could have been better or even slightly more interesting. Gilneas is a proud human Kingdom and we barely see anything whatsoever of that "pride". Genn Greymane im talking about you, lazy ass king, do something for your people !

But afterall I guess both could have been worse, you could have been Gnome in Classic Lore, which is absolutely NONEXISTENT, did you know the Gnomes had a royal family a few hundred years ago ? No mention in the game, you got thrown in "Hey doodes, your city is there but its radioactive because you are idiots and your whole population is pretty fucked up, btw you live with the dwarves in Ironforge... have fun !"

The most Lore you can find in this game is still, Orcs, humans, draenei and bloodelves. Northrend / Draenor are stuffed full for these races, the second is even centered around Draenei and bloodelves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    What Dreanei Lore happened after TBC? Velen's Short story?

I don't see how you can think the Draenei can be "all right" when the Blood elves at least had the Reliquary going for them, and now are working pretty actively with the Orcs.

And the fact that half the Horde is Blood elves is due mainly to two reasons: They were at first the only race that could be paladins, and that they're the only male horde model that doesn't scream in agony for a chiropractor or a set of stilts. Cosmetics matter a lot to players, and Blood Elves got in spades.
    Didn't say any lore happened after TBC, just that their representation is showing. Whereas lets say Worgen have been mostly forgotten just an expansion after.
    And I'm saying they're not "half-bad" because as much as it is retconned their lore fits well with the Alliance, and the whole conflict with Orcs is quite juicy.
    Blood Elves don't have that good of a lore in general or in the way how they'd be connected with the Horde, they have no charismatic factionleader, and I don't see a Blood Elf staying in a room with a Troll and both of them coming out alive. I agree with you that they were pasted to Horde purely on cosmetic basis and gameplay convenience bringing paladins for Horde.

I'd have to say Pandaren; the male model is very good, and the female model could definitely use some work (weird looking cloaks, shoulder armour sitting strangely upon the shoulders, etc).

The lore however, seems like a constant, desperate quest for legitimacy and justification; to the point where it was able to induce a 180 on Blizzard's original notion of a 'light-hearted' expansion; practically everywhere beyond Jade Forest (and even then, Jade Forest is mostly serious) having been made rather grim and gritty, just so the Pandaren are acknowledged as being serious also.

Worgen come a close second; my favourite starting zone by far but...that's the last you ever hear of them in any significance.

where to start.
    draeni - oh how i hate that godforsaken shitty piss island they live on.. the quests dont flow either.
    tauren - its like pandaren starting zone.. walk 30 miles to every quest mob.... plus taurens really dont have anything going for them.. they've been like.. forgotten ever since cairne got killed.
    gnomes - just about as useless as draeni and the nordrassil starting area.

blood elves arent bad - people percieve them as girly but honestly..belf pallys are way more fun then taurens imo. plus their starting zone rules... it seems long but its really easy to lvl in... lore kinda sucks but its whatever....
    goblins - the only complaint is the terribly long quests for the starting area.. even worse then worgen and tied with pandaran...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Makes me sick to my stomach that for the alliance side of things they're trying to make Variyan "high king" of the alliance with the likes of Tyrande and Velen bowing to him. What the hell is that kinda crap story writing?
    I believe this was done as a response to all the Alliance crying over not being as badass as the Horde. So Blizzard made sure to make the Alliance like the Horde.