Poll: What race(s) do you think Blizzard dropped the ball on most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    bloodelves and goblins horde wise and draenei worgen alliance wise..

For instance, take Exodar(draenei capital), there's no reason for any alliance race to actually go there other than the world explore achievment which is a real shame, it's a freakin spaceship with a ton of lore, but they've done nothing with it..

10+ Year Old Account
    From a mostly lore POV I'd have to say....

My #1 probably is Night Elves.
    From a story point of view they've just been getting worse and worse to the point where they seem to have none of the great aspects they had in WC3 , they had their society shift from what was a very Sentinel driven society of Warrior Women and Priestesses who were very hard line in their approach to matters move to a very liberal and neutral Druid dominated society that seemed to get the vast majority of it's story from the Cenarion Circle.

#2 is definitely Draenei. Even during TBC their story felt rather over shadowed by the Blood Elf story despite the vast amount of opportunity they had to develop what was at th time a completely new race because of the retcon to the point where their most notable action of the expansion was aiding Horde rather than an action that would make players actively accept this new race into the Alliance. Since then they have been the least seen and progressed race in WoW which is a crying shame.

#3 would have to be Worgen due to their bad story development. While their story was great we're all by now aware that to see their story progress you need to play the other faction, and from an Alliance POV they as a race don't exist past level 12 and if you don't play a Worgen then there is no major place to see their story unfold. They feel very much like the Draenei where they were introduced then left to gather dust.
    Game wise they never got a mount despite some of the awesome concept art they had shown us, on top of this there was the lack of rumoured Worgen district which instead saw them relegated to copy pasted glowy tree in Darnassus.

I could bitch further about something all three share in common and it begins with an A.

10+ Year Old Account
    worgen..

holy crap their old model was the one thing in WoW that made me anxious, leveling through silverpine during BC on my first major toon didnt help...

i think that quest in Grizzly Hills (when a whole TOWN of the damn things are sprinting after you across a good part of the zone) permanently raised my heart beat by a few extra beats per minute

and then blizz had to go and make them look all soft and fluffy and not threatening at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

From a story point of view they've just been getting worse and worse to the point where they seem to have none of the great aspects they had in WC3 , they had their society shift from what was a very Sentinel driven society of Warrior Women and Priestesses who were very hard line in their approach to matters move to a very liberal and neutral Druid dominated society that seemed to get the vast majority of it's story from the Cenarion Circle.

#2 is definitely Draenei. Even during TBC their story felt rather over shadowed by the Blood Elf story despite the vast amount of opportunity they had to develop what was at th time a completely new race because of the retcon to the point where their most notable action of the expansion was aiding Horde rather than an action that would make players actively accept this new race into the Alliance. Since then they have been the least seen and progressed race in WoW which is a crying shame.

#3 would have to be Worgen due to their bad story development. While their story was great we're all by now aware that to see their story progress you need to play the other faction, and from an Alliance POV they as a race don't exist past level 12 and if you don't play a Worgen then there is no major place to see their story unfold. They feel very much like the Draenei where they were introduced then left to gather dust.
    Game wise they never got a mount despite some of the awesome concept art they had shown us, on top of this there was the lack of rumoured Worgen district which instead saw them relegated to copy pasted glowy tree in Darnassus.

I could bitch further about something all three share in common and it begins with an A.
    They got a mount a few patches after 4.0 (I don't know which).

Deleted
    The casting animation for female worgen... They really dropped the ball on that one.

Blood elves, as you said, loved them in TFT. Hate em now, and why does BE female 2h has to be smaller then daggers?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    They got a mount a few patches after 4.0 (I don't know which).
    The concept art showed some kind of dire boar: http://www.wowpedia.org/images/3/38/Worgen_mount.jpg

The mount they eventually got was just the old horse model with no saddle, not even a re-skin.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    The concept art showed some kind of dire boar: http://www.wowpedia.org/images/3/38/Worgen_mount.jpg

The mount they eventually got was just the old horse model with no saddle, not even a re-skin.
    Oh ya the mount was lame. But they did get a mount

Things with hooves! It's just so ..... well let's say terrible!

10+ Year Old Account
    Human ofcourse, look at their face, Damn that's some ugly ass shit ;P (male ofcourse)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

What's wrong with druidic centered society? Malfurion mainstreamed druidsm in NE society and females are overrated anyway. I never like Tyrande in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Of all the playable races in WoW, which races (in design, WoW-storyline, etc) do you think Blizzard dropped the ball on the most?

I'm gonna go with Blood Elves. After playing TFT, I almost immediately made a Blood Elf when I upgraded to BC just because they were so badass in TFT, and I was horribly disappointed with how their model was, how unseriously a lot of them were taken, and how the badassness that I felt they were in TFT had disappeared. Stuff like Johnny Awesome and the Belf from the "Day when Deathwing came" quest don't really help either.

My 2nd place is Draenei. With all the unexplored lore with Argus, the betrayal by Kil'jaden/Archimonde, the Naaru, it's really disappointing that the Draenei have really been forgotten about.
    So, so true. Whenever you play a blood elf and people findout that you're not that 12 year old kid that wants to look pretty, they ask you "why roll gayelf?". Then you have to go on and explain the WCIII Frozen Throne storyline all over again.

BElves. My main is a BElf. I never really understood the race as a whole, as I started in the end of WotLK so I missed out on the lore in TBC raids. From what ive gathered, they are Sunwell addicts and now addicted to arcane energy? Still don't understand why the Alliance didn't accept them.

I would of loved more Worgen lore. I love playing as a Werewolf, and they look so gorgious. Unfortunatly Gilnaes is it. It was such a damn good starting zone as well, but unfortunatly it stopped there, then I haven't heard a peep from them since.

And as a noobish player, Drenai are aliens? Having never levelled some Alli characters, I didn't know that. Interesting.

Draenei are hot who voted for them?

Deleted
    I dislike the revamped Draenei lore.
    Worgen were ruined for me with the Cata re-envisioning of them.
    Forsaken are often lacking in their "barely not-evil" atmosphere, I seem to remember them doing a lot of dodgy stuff during classic, we had some of that in the Cata revamp (hillsbrad is godly), but it seems only bad-apples in the forsaken group are doing it, then being punished, rather than it being borderline condoned.

Blood elves I think had the ball dropped the most, but after 5.1 I'm a bit more optimistic - never thought I'd find myself thinking "Lor'themar for warchief", but he's a really cool guy when he's actually DOING something, 5.1 was fabulous as a horde player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    What's wrong with druidic centered society? Malfurion mainstreamed druidsm in NE society and females are overrated anyway. I never like Tyrande in the first place.
    The fact it's society essentially did a complete U-turn.
    You can prefer the Druidic society or Sentinel and Priestess society either way it doesn't change the radical change Night Elves and Tyrande had when they were introduced to WoW and their continued lack of meaningful progression that doesn't consist of Tyrande and the Sentinels being damsels in distress for Varian or Malfurion and his Druids who are developed more via their use as a neutral faction than as part of the Night Elven people in the Alliance.

The fact it's society essentially did a complete U-turn.
    You can prefer the Druidic society or Sentinel and Priestess society either way it doesn't change the radical change Night Elves and Tyrande had when they were introduced to WoW and their continued lack of meaningful progression that doesn't consist of Tyrande and the Sentinels being damsels in distress for Varian or Malfurion and his Druids who are developed more via their use as a neutral faction than as part of the Night Elven people in the Alliance.
    Because Malfurion>Tyrande and Metzen agrees with me . To be serious, Tyrande has always been pretty stupid and reckless so I don't really have a problem with her not getting much attention.

Deleted
    Worgen for me. A really badass awesome race completely shafted it seems. No lore for worgen players past level 12. And if you wanna see the rest of your lore roll horde and play silverpine.. which is also happens to be the best questing zone in Cataclysm. They has such promise aaaand they fucked it up. Draenei are a close second, huge potential rich history, no limelight.

Best races lorewise are the forsaken, orcs, humans and tauren in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Because Malfurion>Tyrande and Metzen agrees with me . To be serious, Tyrande has always been pretty stupid and reckless so I don't really have a problem with her not getting much attention.
    She's never been stupid and that is perhaps one of the biggest problems with her atm is that she is most definitely portrayed as such with 5.1 giving her a star role in a scenario to showcase this.
    She's occasionally rash and is certainly an impulsive character but she would never be stupid or dumb in how she rationalised her actions and executed them hence why she has been the position she is in for so long.

Don't get me wrong I myself prefer Druids and Malfurion, but my personal taste shouldn't mean their story suddenly gets transformed because of it, not to mention how Tyrande still remains the main Night Elf leader whereas Malfurion is still driven by his Druidic duties.

Deleted
    Worgen and Blood Elves. Blood Elves haven't had any real involvement since TBC (You could argue that they did in wrath through the sunreavers, though) and now they're treated like a joke.

And Worgen? Goblins got SO much more than Worgen - they got their own district in org, practically an entire zone to themselves, and an unofficial capital city in Bilgewater Harbour. Worgen got a tree, and the few gilnean towns around that actually exist use STORMWIND Human voiceovers. After the starting zone, the only gilnean NPC's with the correct greetings are in Darnassus.