Looking for a GPU upgrade/Having trouble finding a clear answer

Basically what I'm looking for is a card that can handle 25-man raids on ultra and keep a steady 60 fps as much as possible @1920x1080. But with enough head room that it doesn't get hot/loud like my poor gtx 460. I tried searching but I found everything from a 650ti to a 670 and just about everything AMD has to offer so I'm more confused that when I started. So basically run smoothly on ultra and quiet.

Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention I've got a 2600k at 4.6 gHz.
    Edit2: I'd be comfortable spending at most $400 if need be. I'm just tired of the noise the blower on my current card is making(stupid evga)
    Last edited by Doge is Dead; 2012-12-16 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how much you want to spend. For the price and quality I would suggest http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130826

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

Deleted
    OP do you want to spend that budget also a sort of investment for other games or do you solely play WoW?
    also evga cooling is very similar to other ones, the 4xx series is just very notorious for running really hot hence the fan sound.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130837 (660Ti being very good performance for the price)
    and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130843 if you wanna spend all of the budget.

Picking a graphics card is actually pretty easy.

1) Pick a price point
    7850 ~ $170
    660 ~ $200
    7870 ~ $220
    660 Ti ~ $260
    7950 ~ $290

2) Look up graphic cards: pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/

3) Pick your favorite manufacturer or pick the cheapest according to the following guidelines:
    a) ASUS = Gigabyte = MSI = EVGA > XFX = Sapphire = Zotac > HIS - Try to go for XFX/Sapphire/Zotac or better
    b) Consider if you want a factory overclocked edition (sometimes worth it if its cheap or within your budget)
    c) Consider if you want a blower cooler or not (blowers are slightly worse at cooling but expel hot air out the back of the case)
    d) Shoot for 2GB for 7850s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Picking a graphics card is actually pretty easy.

1) Pick a price point
    7850 ~ $170
    660 ~ $200
    7870 ~ $220
    660 Ti ~ $260
    7950 ~ $290

2) Look up graphic cards: pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/

3) Pick your favorite manufacturer or pick the cheapest according to the following guidelines:
    a) ASUS = Gigabyte = MSI = EVGA > XFX = Sapphire = Zotac > HIS - Try to go for XFX/Sapphire/Zotac or better
    b) Consider if you want a factory overclocked edition (sometimes worth it if its cheap or within your budget)
    c) Consider if you want a blower cooler or not (blowers are slightly worse at cooling but expel hot air out the back of the case)
    d) Shoot for 2GB for 7850s
    that equals random picking almost.....
    crucial part is to check benchmarks ofc.

The GTX660ti is the best card atm if you want to weigh price : performance. eVGA seem to be the best for that card. If money isn't such a big a big deal the MSI GTX 680 after burner is my recommendation.

Are people still having issues with the 7000 series cards? Initial reviews and test seemed to show that there were some problems, along with FPS dips that don't really show up on benchmark test.

I'm really looking for a single card setup that wont cost an arm and a leg, that can power through wow with Ultra settings while raiding. Running around outside and getting 60fps isn't a very good example..

I was going to create a new thread, but I'm basically on the same boat as OP.. ultra settings while raiding, with consistently high FPS, 50+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho42 View Post
    Are people still having issues with the 7000 series cards? Initial reviews and test seemed to show that there were some problems, along with FPS dips that don't really show up on benchmark test.
    Got no issues with my 7970 Did hear about a problem with the 79xx series in combination with x79 platform. But appearently that should be over with the new beta drivers