Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the opinions in this thread are irrelevant to what will actually happen. The majority of people have liked every iteration of WoW and continue to do so in MoP. I hated Cata, almost never came back, but even I can admit MoP is great enough to play over most anything else.

I have played every single Blizzard game since Warcraft. Will I play Titan because of any of this? No.

Of all the things I know about Titan, it:
    a) Doesn't have anything to do with the current 3 universes, which is what I love
    b) will have in game, real world advertising and potentially be F2P and have a RMAH

Those two are enough to make me not want to play it. I honestly don't see them reinventing the wheel enough for me to enjoy it. Especially if it's a FPS MMO, especially if it has advertising inside of the game.

Bad rep or not, knowing Blizzard through almost 20 years I know that Titan will blow your mind! Just like WoW did in it's day, Titan will be the new standard for MMO's. Blizzard never loses, get over it.

I just hope they are able to shake activision before they go 100% evil corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Are you serious? TBC launched with 5 raids, 15 dungeons (many of them level 70 normal), 5 main factions + Aldor/Scryers (most with alternative means of rep progression), many small factions for vanity rewards like Skyguards/Netherwing/Haala, 2 REAL world bosses that didn't get zerged by 100+ people the second they respawn and much much much more.

Compared to TBC mists is a joke. Most of the RPG and Lore has been replaces with pet bullshit and memes/references to stupid shit
    Magtheridon, Gruul and TK combined for a total of six bosses if I recall correctly. Counting them as 'three raids' is really stretching it. Skyguards and Netherwing were not there for launch. Halaa, like every other Blizzard's attempt at world PvP, was a miserable failure that was practically abandoned even on a high pop server. The quests were insanely repetitive grinds, often with poor drop rates for quest items and small amounts of mobs to kill.

TBC was fun because it was so new and exciting, being the first WoW expansion and everything, MoP is less so because it's the fourth expansion and by now it's just 'more of the same'. Okay okay, Illidan as a final boss was pretty epic as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I will be VERY hesitant when purchasing another Blizzard game, I'm usually one of those nuts that fall for the "Hype" mechanic developers spring upon us. But I will control myself for Titan. Only if I get into the Beta to test it myself or see positive reviews after launch then I'd consider making the purchase.

I've had Blizzards dick in my ass for too long now!

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    I returned Diablo 3 after getting it home and being unable to play it. I met (and exceeded) every minimum requirement, had spent hard-earned money on the box and wanted to go home, install it and play. I met my side of the bargain, and Blizzard didn't - therefore, I got my money refunded.

Consumers aren't "children" or "spoiled brats". They deserve to get what they pay for, and deserve to demand recompense when they don't get it.
    I'm taking it you didn't read the part where I said "after playing for 40+ hours"

Titan will most certainly be a "failure" for a lot of people due to the simple fact that it could never live up to the inevitable hype that Blizzard fans will put on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    The actual game turned out great and has only been improving since. Oh wait, are you saying that the ENTIRE game is bad because of the FIRST DAYS of problems because Blizzard DIDN'T THINK the game would be as huge as it was? Well that's just stupid.

WoW's subs have gone up since Mists launch.

SC2 was a champion of games. HoTS will probably follow suit.

Mists is arguably the best release yet.

D3 is phenomenal. Sure there are idiots who think the game is terrible because they couldn't log in for the first few days of its release, and because they're so stupid they let their accounts get hacked and tried blaming it on Blizzard, but that doesn't mean the game isn't good.

"But it got so many negative reviews and people got hacked when they had authenticators." Yea, it got TONS of negative reviews BEFORE IT CAME OUT and those people ended up lying (and getting called out on it or admitting it later on), but we'll let those count as long as it paints Blizzard to be the bad guy.

To be honest, I don't care if morons don't buy more Blizzard games because they're too stupid to understand how quality they actually are. I loved D3, I loved SC2, I'll love HotS, I love Mists, Cata was eh, Wrath was eh, and I loved BC.

But to answer your question, will Blizzard's reputation of having the most retarded fan base hurt Titan? Probably.

Dont fool yourself. Diablo 3 was an atrocious abomination to the gaming industry. No not because of its early release problems, such as lag, disconnects, not being able to play etc.. But because the game itself to its core FUCKING SUCKS. I cant put it any simpler. Terrible, terrible disgraceful and idiotic storyline, god awful voice acting, archaic gameplay mechanics, shortness in game length, repetitiveness (and for a dungeon crawler that's saying something) shallow talent system, unfulfilled developer promises, arrogant and idiotic developer comments, RMAH... need I go on?

Just accept it. The game sucked ass from a straw.

Deleted
    We all have different opinions but I think Blizzard has lost a lot of its reputation. WOW was done for me about half way through WOTLK, mostly just to do with the game's age but also Blizzard love of balance and homogeneity. Starcraft 2 is pretty much an updated starcraft 1 (which a lot of people wanted), except they ruined the plot/setting and had cutscenes that make me cringe. Diablo 3 I didn't buy, again it had a terrible plot/cutscenes and the items are WOW stlye +stats items. I would say the last classic Blizzard product was Burning Crusade which came out in 2007, nearly 6 years ago, which is quite a barren run.

Deleted
    the release of DIII surely has hurt the confidence player will have on a new Blizzard game that need a totally new network/hardware infrastructure

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    the release of DIII surely has hurt the confidence player will have on a new Blizzard game that need a totally new network/hardware infrastructure
    Good thing for Blizzard that some of us know the Titan team is completely different from the D3 team. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Good thing for Blizzard that some of us know the Titan team is completely different from the D3 team. ^^
    the problem with the launch has nothing to do with the developing team but with the server infrastructure that is handled by DBA, network admin and generic hardware engineer (and with the guys in marketing that made rather conservative I think, sales projections) that if they have not been fired already, they will likely be the same
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2012-12-29 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    the problem with the launch has nothing to do with the developing team but with the server infrastructure that is handled by DBA, network admin and generic hardware engineer (and with the guys in marketing that made rather conservative I think, sales projections) that if they have not been fired already, they will likely be the same
    And Blizzard as a whole have learned a LOT from that. If they haven't, they wouldn't still be making best-selling games after 20 years.

Besides, other than a few overpopulated realms suffering during Mists' launch, that was the smoothest Blizzard launch I have ever seen. They learn and improve all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And Blizzard as a whole have learned a LOT from that. If they haven't, they wouldn't still be making best-selling games after 20 years.

Besides, other than a few overpopulated realms suffering during Mists' launch, that was the smoothest Blizzard launch I have ever seen. They learn and improve all the time.
    There is a major difference between the two. One is connecting to essentially 'one' server (not really how reality works, but there's more load on one than there are over many), and I don't mean authentication. The other is connecting to a variety of servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I tried it. The game's still bad. Idgaf about release day, the game itself is crap. Oh and I never played D2 prior to D3, so no, it's not like I'm being nostalgic or anything.

Just wait. They're headed back down if they don't give us tons of fun stuff in 5.2.

Wasn't for everyone.

Lolno.

Lolno. I'm not an idiot and don't give a fuck about release day week problems. The core game is awful.

Doesn't mean shit. The game is bad.

Oh most definitely, but Blizzard has definitely dug its own hole in many regards. Not all, but many.

The interesting thing is that I don't agree with any single point you made. Clearly people have different opinions, what a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.