Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    For me, techno is just mainly computer generated beats, however complex and however good the beats are.

Music is all personal taste. I just prefer my music to be a little more natural. Good voice, good tone, real instruments, real drums, real beats. Just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    For me, techno is just mainly computer generated beats, however complex and however good the beats are.

Music is all personal taste. I just prefer my music to be a little more natural. Good voice, good tone, real instruments, real drums, real beats. Just me.
    So do you only listen to live folk music or something?

Surprisingly, a lot of EDM actually includes the above. The vast majority of more popular songs have really good vocalists, it's not very rare to have actual guitars or drums used in tracks and other such instruments. Like all music, there are so many variations and variants in EDM, that it can't be summed up in a simplified manner.

Deleted
    I'm from the UK, who has a large proportion of my friends belonging to this "elite group" who look down their noses at today's dance music. They were "DJ's" and major clubbers in the late 90's / early 00's. I never really got in to it myself, however the following are all on my IPod:

Nero
    Fatboy Slim
    Swedish House Mafia
    Chase & Status
    Tiesto
    Prodigy
    Faithless

Magnetic Man
    Dead Mau5
    Basement Jaxx
    Calvin Harris
    DJ Fresh
    David Gueta (sorry about that one....)

If you have never listened to either Prodigy, Faithless or Fatboy Slim (in bold), I cannot recomend them enough - just beautiful music (Prodigy pre "Fat of the Land" where they went more hard). I also had the best summer of my life in 2000, with this song as the main soundtrack:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ET1-6Bef9xU&fmt=18

How anybody can not like that tune, is a mystery to me!
    Last edited by mmoc6ea4fad3c3; 2013-01-17 at 06:01 PM.

It's still a creative process, the tools are just different.
    One of the most talanted musicians I know personally is Rasmus in Studio(local group, they make kind of nu-disco music), you can play him any song, like literally any song, all he needs is to hear it once and then he will be able to nail it flawlessly on the guitar, put him on the drums and he will play it as if he was born for it, the piano? Same there. Just sayin there are some really talanted guys who simply prefer to work the way they do and use the tools they choose.

Here is a good example when they(they are a duo) incorporate some natural/real instruments, the song takes off at around 3:00, but the guitar "solos" come in at around 5:30 I think.

You got live acts like Faithless that sound very electronic recorded, but when I saw them live they were 7 I think, drums, guitars, bass etc.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-18 at 01:24 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

The 80's and 90's were still had the lingering distaste from the 70's exploitation of disco music, and its connotation to gay culture. These attitudes weren't prevalent outside the US. Doesn't have much to do at all with whether the music is electronic or not, since that's more or less what Hip Hop has been since the very start (and the barrier between Hip Hop and Electro was basically nonexistent in the 80's, they were the same thing).

This attitude has only recently started changing in the US and I think it can largely be attributed to aggressive frat boy Dubstep acting as a gateway into dance music, and also Hip Hop and R&B adopting more and more house/dance influences.