Question about casual progression.

My raid is on a 2 day, 3 hour a night schedule. We're currently 1/6 HoF, 4/6 MSV with its looking like we'll get an Elegon kill this next week with a 1.4% wipe on our best attempt. We have capable players, they just can't keep up with a hardcore raid schedule, and 2 DPS are a little under geared 1 being 466, other 473, while the rest of us are around 480.

My question is what should we really be working on. Most of us are in the same boat, in that we just started raiding, so its almost like the expansion just came out for us as far as boss experience goes, with the exception of LFR. Assuming we kill Elegon next week should we move to the last boss or just skip it and focus on maintaining 5/6 MSV while working on progression in HoF or ToES? Any feedback is appreciated, without making fun of our progression, lol.

You might as well just complete the Will of the Emperor encounter - for a final boss of an instance it's underwhelming, then work on completing HoF. For what it's worth we killed Emps on our second pull, put all DPS on adds duty and as long as tanks are able to dodge the attacks it should be a kill.

TBH...and this is coming from someone in the same situation but we raid only one day a week with the same progression....

In order to raid even at the most casual level, everyone has to care. Your two people with 466 and 473 gear can and need to work harder at their gear...and by work harder I mean not be lazy. Because at this point, with minimal weekly effort (3hrs a week for LFR and an hour daily for dailies and one random heroic) you should really be around 380 avg. If you can get anything other than those people I understand. But that is ultimately what is holding you back. People that tend to care about their gear and progressing their gear, tend to care about the small details of playing their class and raiding.

Thanks for the replies. I see where you are coming from, Theloq. Our mage is the 466, he actually just got 90, we were having to pug that slot before. The other one is a paladin that was a tank before he joined, but started gearing his ret so he could fit into our raid. Both of them are friends of other raiders already established within our raid so I made an investment in them for the future. Instead of needing to pug 2 spots every week I figured we would be better off gearing them. I can say that they are getting a late start, but they do care. I completely agree though, if I thought they didn't take pride in their class or the raid they wouldn't last long.

Finish MSV. Will is easier than Elegon on Normal by a small margin. Most of HoF is significantly more difficult than anything in MSV.

Elegon is the last boss of MSV 10NM. Emperors are two good guys willing to give you gear as reward for your efforts.
    It could take some wipes for your tanks to get used to their "dance". Once they've learned the moves, you can loot.

We raid 8pm-11pm Monday/Wednesday, so same like you guys.

We're 6/6 and 4/6. Elegon was our first wall then it was Garalon. We'll see how Amber shaper goes this monday. But you need your lower end DPS to pick it up with gear and reputations. It's not a lot of work, just a little dedication.

As everyone said, Will is practically a gimme after Elegon. My guild had ~30 wipes before we took down Elegon. We did Will in five.

Deleted
    You can't go into ToES until you are 6/6 in HoF. Like the others said it's best to clear Will of the Emperor first as he isn't hard. It just requires your tanks to be able to move. If they've practiced in LFR they should know the drill.

Have fun in HoF. The first 2 bosses are fairly easy but less experienced raiders get stuck on Garalon quite often. Just remember on normal that the legs aren't all that important and ranged keep dps on the body.

Deleted
    We ended up with 90 wipes on Elegon, having a soul-crushing 0.1% wipe, then going into Will and clearing it in just 5, followed by 32 on Zor'lok.
    Definitely go for will

Quote Originally Posted by Dices View Post
    We ended up with 90 wipes on Elegon, having a soul-crushing 0.1% wipe, then going into Will and clearing it in just 5, followed by 32 on Zor'lok.
    Definitely go for will
    This reminds me on our 32k wipe on Cho'gall! Killed him soon after though!

Deleted
    Hahaha, that moment when mumble goes dead silent ^^

Quote Originally Posted by periad View Post
    You might as well just complete the Will of the Emperor encounter - for a final boss of an instance it's underwhelming, then work on completing HoF. For what it's worth we killed Emps on our second pull, put all DPS on adds duty and as long as tanks are able to dodge the attacks it should be a kill.

I think this, Elegon is probably the biggest cockblock for normal MSV, Emperor should pose little to no problem after tanks get some dancing practice. If melee have issues dancing, make sure they stand at the ranged group during titan gas.

HoF's second boss should also pose little to no problem, to be honest - Garalon will be your next Elegon, with a DPS check you can, at this point, possibly not make (not to be demotivating). That's another reason why I'd suggest working on Emperor first, as that's a boss you can down for certain while you risk getting stuck in HoF.