Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Im sure there are legions of fans who would be willing to do the 3d modeling a 3d animation/ ect. at a lowered price(including my self).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlich View Post
    Im sure there are legions of fans who would be willing to do the 3d modeling a 3d animation/ ect. at a lowered price(including my self).
    It would be even worse/lazy of them to pay for a fan to give them something unprofessionally shitty. Gamefreak's reputation would take a pretty big toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I think it would be incredibly expensive and have an extremely long development time to produce a full-fledged 3D Pokemon game. Here are some things to consider:

1) In Pokemon Stadium, and even Pokemon Stadium 2, they had far less Pokemon to deal with, and it's a lot easier to make simple N64 models and animations than current generation (3DS) animations and models. We're up to, what, 600ish Pokemon now? And as far as I know, all of those are available for play in Pokemon Black/White 2. Imagine having to develop full 3D models with all of those Pokemon. That's just crazy to think of. Then give them animations for all their various attacks... it's just not realistic. Something would have to give here.

2) The newer Pokemon games are rehashes in the same way that Final Fantasy I-VI are. The sprites got more detailed, the worlds and stories changed, but most of the basic gameplay elements were barely touched outside of the job system in some games and the ATB system in IV, V and VI.

3) Developing a large JRPG is expensive and, as I mentioned earlier, something's gotta give. Look at Final Fantasy XIII for example. That game was incredibly expensive to develop, yet it's frequently accused of being a corridor simulator. As we entered the PS2 era (which the 3DS displays graphics far better than the PS2, btw), developers looked for things to cut in order to provide a good experience. Final Fantasy X cut the world map, for example. That wasn't just a design decision...it just wasn't feasible to develop a huge world that could be explored via boat, airship, etc.. They had to give us an area select screen via airship instead. This is why SE is VERY afraid to remake Final Fantasy VII. Even if the only thing they did was uplift the graphics, it would be (by far) their most expensive project. If SE remakes Final Fantasy VII, it will be a long time down the road and something from the original will get cut or heavily modified, either the world map, game length, or side quests.

Just some stuff to think about. Personally I agree that they need to do something to mix up the standard Pokemon formula, but the graphics are fine...and honestly, there are so many spin-offs and whatnot that they have (in a weird way) changed the formula, just not for the main series of games.
    Point number 3 is where it's all at honestly. Also, the fact that they bank on every release without having to improve the most expensive aspects of game design is another. The FFX example is a great example but a better one would be comparing Xenoblade Chronicles and FFXIII, the differences in how they play has a lot to do with what they could provide technically (though I'm sure vision had something to do with it as well).

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Yeah its pretty sad how they still make money off of pokemon and its still the exact same thing with random pokemon. I haven't purchased a game since sapphire, glad i havent. Its the same deal with nintendo making mario 4000/zelda over and over and over and over and over and over. And i could say that 1000 more times and it still wouldnt be justified.
    No, not at all. The Zelda/Mario analogy is terrible.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

I stopped at red and blue years ago. From what I've seen from a distance it does seems like they use the same game and add new characters. /shrug, don't care about it since I've moved on.

I have lost a bit of respect for Game Freak for the lack of Drill Dozer 2, one of the best platformerish games I have ever played.

Also I would love a new GameCube Pokemon RPG like Colosseum and XD, just better and a bit darker (and no I don't mean an M rated Pokemon) with a little bit more of the catching element of the normal series games sprinkled in, doesn't have to be every mon from the series, a nice mix of ones from all the generations would be fine. Likewise I would also like to see a classic Dragon Warrior style fantasy RPG world done with Pokemon characters as the monsters and other races.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-12-18 at 09:42 PM.